DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Friday Night Lights--"There Goes The Neighborhood"--1/4/08 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/521626-friday-night-lights-there-goes-neighborhood-1-4-08-a.html)

DJariya 01-04-08 10:34 AM

Friday Night Lights--"There Goes The Neighborhood"--1/4/08

The 1st new episode of the new year.

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

The Panthers host a rival team whose school was hit by a tornado; Tami, Julie and Riggins adjust to their new living situation; Lyla's mom plans to remarry; and Landry and Tyra attempt to put the murder behind them.

DVD Josh 01-04-08 10:43 AM

Finally, i can join the FNL discussion!! Just caught up on all the eps. The first season is probably the best acted ensemble young cast I've ever seen. Second season has been uneven.

So what's the over under on how long until that redneck tries to rape Riggs?

boogieman03 01-04-08 11:06 AM

Excellent! I wasn't expecting a new episode for another week or so.

Michael Corvin 01-04-08 12:42 PM

Cool. I had no idea it was returning.

I just watched the movie the other night for the first time. Solid, but not near as good as the show, IMO. It was interesting seeing Mrs. Taylor and Buddy in the film in different but very similar roles.

Geofferson 01-04-08 12:48 PM

Totally forgot about this...thanks for the heads-up! :up:

Bluelitespecial 01-04-08 01:08 PM

Spoiler:
For those of you hoping riggins and julie might hook up
it looks like it might happen from the preview I saw.

rfduncan 01-04-08 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Spoiler:
For those of you hoping riggins and julie might hook up
it looks like it might happen from the preview I saw.

DUDE! SPOILERIZE! No one wants to know that until it airs! :brickwl2:

As far as I can tell, there are maybe six new episodes (including this one) in the can. So hopefully they'll air into sweeps and get great ratings! ;)

DVD Josh 01-04-08 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
DUDE! SPOILERIZE! No one wants to know that until it airs! :brickwl2:

As far as I can tell, this may be one of the last episodes they had in the can before the strike. So don't get too excited about more after this episode. :(

I read 15 episodes were written and produced, so there should be 5 left after this one (S02E10)

rfduncan 01-04-08 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I read 15 episodes were written and produced, so there should be 5 left after this one (S02E10)

You're right. Found better reference material. That's good news!

MrX 01-04-08 09:00 PM

"Do you want me to go slower, Richard Simmons?":lol:

Tyra in that dress:drool:

Poor Riggins can't catch a break

magiccmom 01-04-08 09:05 PM

What a great episode. It's back to to form without the weight of the murder or Street in Mexico! The dialoge was back to witty and sharp and the acting was great! The baby hasnt gotten any cuter though.

Patman 01-04-08 09:07 PM

No kidding, Riggins does the right thing and gets tossed for it.

Great reaction by the team after Coach ripped the Larabee coach a new one in front of both teams.

Hilarious bit with Tyra grabbing Richard Simmons and throwing him into the glass during the lunch melee.

Tyra and Landry - just heartbreaking stuff. Can't blame Landry for how he's feeling, but Tyra's reaction is also justified given her history with guys, as she's just truly afraid of how much she does feel for Landry, a guy who'd do anything to defend her, but without as much life experience, it's just too much for her to handle, emotionally.

Geofferson 01-04-08 09:27 PM

Friday nights are back...! Great episode tonight. :up:

JuryDuty 01-04-08 10:53 PM

Still the best show on TV.

Gizmo 01-04-08 10:54 PM

Thanks for the heads up!

SexualPudding 01-04-08 11:53 PM

Jesus. Will they ever play an actual football game again?

Ayre 01-05-08 05:46 AM

It is a different show this season. They were probably told to re-invent the show or get dropped. FNL is clearly aiming at a younger and more diverse audience, that is one reason there is less football. Still the best drama on TV.

Landry & Tyra are much better now that the murder story line has been buried. The Rumble In The Lunch Room was funny. Nice to see coach back in form this episode. He really had some great scenes.

You could see the Riggins / Julie incident a mile away, which made it a bit painful to watch.

Tami has really fallen by the wayside this season and the character isn't being given the choice material. Britton is probably the best actor on the show.

FNL is worth the weekly wait. The strike could be a good thing for the show. Viewers dont have a lot of options and they really should start a media blitz for any show with remaining episodes.

Original Desmond 01-05-08 06:26 AM

man what a fucking intense episode. I was getting so fired up during the fights, especially when Riggins was confronting the other team about the piss

i mean what the fuck did they expect, two rival football teams, that much testosterone.

Lyla has now become a wasted character. Landry and Tyra stuff was a bit pathetic

What's the bet Riggins ends up banging Mrs Coach's sister ?

i would !

I could see the end with Coach catching Riggins and misintepreting it coming a mile away as soon as Julie starting drinking.

Original Desmond 01-05-08 06:27 AM

how many already filmed episodes left to air ?

Ayre 01-05-08 06:59 AM

"We're doing everything we can to distance ourselves from football," Katims said

Here is the article I read about FNL and less football:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...ryid=1417&cs=1

Bluelitespecial 01-05-08 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Spoiler:
For those of you hoping riggins and julie might hook up it looks like it might happen from the preview I saw.

Sorry, sorry, sorry, but that didn't happen anyway. riggins was doing the right thing taking care of julie, and coach took it the wrong way. Next week looks like its going to be good when the panthers face off against the rival school from this episode.

starseed1981 01-05-08 11:41 AM

Excellent episode. I was totally waiting for Riggins to have a 3way with Julie and her Aunt.

slop101 01-05-08 12:09 PM

What's with this misunderstanding bullshit? He just happens to walk in at the worst time possible, not when they come in, but while he's on top of her? I call shenanigans. I'd expect this kind of crap from Three's Company or a cheap soap-opera, not from FNL.

At least it seems like they dropped Street - his story went about as far as it could go.

aktick 01-05-08 04:41 PM

I'm apparently in the minority here, I hated big chunks of this episode, and almost fast forwarded through them they were so annoying. Namely, anything involving the other team. It was just too unrealistic for me - even the biggest asshole would act more gracious than that other coach did, especially after something as emotionally devastating as having your school ripped apart by a tornado. Players from both sides would be much quieter and not worried about getting in the others face.

Taylor walking in on Riggins and Julie at EXACTLY the wrong time also annoyed me, but that's par for any TV show.

I will say one thing - the Taylor women can all sleep over at my house ANY time they want. :drool:

Doughboy 01-05-08 04:52 PM

Solid episode. I don't buy for one second that Landry murdering that guy could be kept hidden from the student body(or if everyone did know, that no one would say anything), but otherwise it was entertaining.

What's great about the show is how flawed and realistic all the characters are. It was heartbreaking to see Buddy break down in front of his wife, but at the same time he is a cheating bastard. Tami's right about her sister's behavior in front of Tim, but she was also being a "judgmental bitch". And Tim Riggins didn't deserve to be thrown out on his ass like that, but it's not like you can blame Coach for thinking the worst when he walked in on them.