Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree.
Old 03-02-08, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Trump's mancrush on Tito
Old 03-06-08, 08:45 PM

That moving art piece was cool; wish they had focused on it more. Was it an electronic/video thing (I couldn't tell) ?
Old 03-06-08, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts
Omarosa talks a lot of trash. Piers backs it up. That was a pretty sweet victory, punctuated by that fantastic kiss he laid on Trace.

Stephen once again proves that he's full of shit and a hypocrite.
Old 03-06-08, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best episode ever. The most annoying thing about this show is how Trump fires people based on ratings and then comes up with some ridiculous reason why his decision actually makes sense within the context of the show. Thank you, Piers, for making that beatdown so staggering that he had no choice but to fire someone who is great for ratings yet should have been fired twice already. Requesting that he fire two people was great, but kidding Trace was pure gold.

das
Old 03-06-08, 10:35 PM

I thought it was only so-so. Yet another "battle of the contacts lists". I would have preferred the Piers vs. Omarosa showdown to be more of a straight up competition based on wits, creativity, hard work, management, skill, etc. But it did allow Piers to finally prove he is the bigger celebrity, as judged by who has the phattest contact list. Yay.
Old 03-06-08, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm not sure if Trace is still over being given a peck by Piers, but that was hilarious. Both Survivor and Celeb Apprentice brought out the smack-down in the best ways. Oh damn, still laughing at Piers "rebuttal" to Omarosa's sad, trashy accusations.
Old 03-07-08, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Aphex Twin
Goddamn, Carol Alt is beautiful

Great episode tonight! They need to throw Piers and Omarosa in a cage and have a death match!
Old 03-07-08, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by jonnyquest
I thought it was only so-so. Yet another "battle of the contacts lists". I would have preferred the Piers vs. Omarosa showdown to be more of a straight up competition based on wits, creativity, hard work, management, skill, etc. But it did allow Piers to finally prove he is the bigger celebrity, as judged by who has the phattest contact list. Yay.
Maybe so, but that kind of slaughter comes from more than just the right contact list. Hell, they sold paintings to people who were on Stephen's contact list. I thought they out planned and out executed, and we saw Piers close a sale on his own.

Say what you what about Piers, but he's a pretty sharp guy. And for name dropping we can Gordan Ramsey and Ioan Gruffudd to the list.
Old 03-07-08, 04:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It wasn't just Piers' contact list v. Omarosa's contact list (or lack of one). It was the entire TEAM and given that it didn't appear Lennox brought in a single person and I'm assuming neither did Omarosa, that's a wash. The rest came down to selling tactics, strategy, price points, and art choice.
Old 03-07-08, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This was the episode to date, I was so happy to see Piers finally shut her up. An actual slaughter.

That kiss on Trace was priceless as was Trace's reaction.

Solid all around episode, although based upon the previews next week's challenge doesn't look promising for Piers since he's not really a guy who gets much attention the street.
Old 03-07-08, 08:32 AM

So did we see Trace outed as a homophobe?
Old 03-07-08, 12:29 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
That moving art piece was cool; wish they had focused on it more. Was it an electronic/video thing (I couldn't tell) ?
It was. Shirley Shor does a lot of stuff that incorporates LCD screens with pre-generated images on them. It's sort of like hanging a screen saver on your wall. It's pretty cool. Here is her web page.

And here is the webpage of the other artist, David Kramer. I thought his stuff was pretty cool too -- quite frankly, I almost think you'd have to work at it to keep sales down to $7,000.

Last edited by JasonF; 03-07-08 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-07-08, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Lame task, but Piers was great.
Old 03-13-08, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Who knows if it's just how he comes across on the show, but at least from that vantage point Trace seems like a real standup guy. Baldwin always came across as phony to me.

Good challenge, but having Lennox Lewis on your team was a HUGE advantage. Prior to this show I wouldn't have been able to pick Trace Adkins out of a lineup, but I know Lennox Lewis, and I absolutely would have bought a $2 sandwich from him to shake his hand.

If Trump really fires two people at the beginning of the episode then I think the final challenge has to be Piers vs. Trace.
Old 03-13-08, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by mwbmis
If Trump really fires two people at the beginning of the episode then I think the final challenge has to be Piers vs. Trace.
It depends on the nature of the semi-final challenge. I'm pretty sure Lennox won't make the final 2; he's been coasting on his celebrity, and luckily been on winning teams, more so than true performance. But I could see either Carol or Trace making it to the final 2, depending on the nature of the semi-final challenge. Piers for sure will be a finalist.
Old 03-13-08, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It depends on the nature of the semi-final challenge. I'm pretty sure Lennox won't make the final 2; he's been coasting on his celebrity, and luckily been on winning teams, more so than true performance. But I could see either Carol or Trace making it to the final 2, depending on the nature of the semi-final challenge. Piers for sure will be a finalist.

More so than true performance? Not sure that makes sense considering almost every single Hydra victory has had Lennox front and center. Can't hate on the spokesman...
Old 03-13-08, 10:45 PM

I'm not hatin' on Lennox. Yes, his celebrity and face recognition have been very useful when a spokesman/personality was needed. But sometimes that's not enough. To make the final cut, that's not enough.
Old 03-13-08, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I agree. Lennox has basically done everything that was asked of him this entire show. He hasn't really come up with the any of the big ideas though. He's also not the "get things done" person either. He's done well, but it has been to his benefit to almost always be on the winning team and to have had an obvious other person to fire the two times he wasn't (Vinnie & Marilu).

I like Lennox, but he's coasted. His biggest contribution has been his name (and his likeable demeanor to go along with the big name).
Old 03-13-08, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Sad to see Stevie B. go. Say what you want about the guy, but he was entertaining. Lennox is as boring on this show as he was when boxing.

das
Old 03-14-08, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I was hoping Stevie B. and Trace would win just so Trump would fire Carol. She's slipped under the radar the whole season, and the only reason she's managed to stay in the game is because someone else made a more noticeable mistake.

I hope Trace wins "The Celebrity Apprentice".
Old 03-15-08, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Further proof that the only thing Lennox brings to the table is his face/celebrity.

Those were sandwiches? Looks like it would take 3 bites to finish them.

Trace and Billy did come up with the better sandwich too and the better name from the marketing genius, Trace. Lennox's sandwich was what - turkey + cheddar. What genius! The best part was when Stephen was predicting what Piers' strategy/mindset would be and he was 100% right.
Old 03-15-08, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Further proof that the only thing Lennox brings to the table is his face/celebrity.

Those were sandwiches? Looks like it would take 3 bites to finish them.

Trace and Billy did come up with the better sandwich too and the better name from the marketing genius, Trace. Lennox's sandwich was what - turkey + cheddar. What genius! The best part was when Stephen was predicting what Piers' strategy/mindset would be and he was 100% right.

Those are called Sammies and they are a huge hit at Quiznos. It takes about 4 of them to fill up a normal dude.

I just don't understand the Lennox comments. Who cares if it is only celebrity? That is business. Without him, they single handedly lose at least 3 and maybe more challenges.
Old 03-15-08, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk God

I never said Lennox was worthless. He quite obviously has worth in this format. It doesn't change what I said - that the only thing he brings to the table is his celebrity.
Old 03-15-08, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I never said Lennox was worthless. He quite obviously has worth in this format. It doesn't change what I said - that the only thing he brings to the table is his celebrity.

I just disagree. Understanding what we see as edited, we have seen that Lennox is over the top friendly to all (very few people of his stature would swallow the ego and be that friendly to random ass New Yorkers) and from the edited parts he is an awesome team member. Everyone likes him and that goes a long way to team chemistry. I am sure you played sports and having Lennox, who is winning these challenges, not rub it in his teammates' faces and play "that card" is huge for team chemistry. Even Piers is great about not dangling any carrots or anything like that. Carol is borderline worthless and Lennox and Piers don't let her know that. Great teamwork.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.