DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   which tv show is this? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/521393-tv-show.html)

E. Honda 01-01-08 03:55 AM

which tv show is this?

my friend is looking for the name of a tv show. He describes it thusly:

"What is the name of that funny show, with the guy and his wife, and his wife's sister and brother in law live in the backyard guest house? The wife has really curly black hair."

Doesnt sound familiar to me. Anyone know what it is?

Rockmjd23 01-01-08 03:56 AM

Yes, Dear

Count Dooku 01-01-08 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by E. Honda
What is the name of that funny show, with the guy and his wife, and his wife's sister and brother in law live in the backyard guest house?

Except for the word funny, that is a description of "Yes, Dear"

CreamyGoodness 01-01-08 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
Except for the word funny, that is a description of "Yes, Dear"

Somebody must have thought it was funny. It lasted six seasons.

Ok, I thought it was a funny show. Nothing ground-breaking, but I liked the characters and it made me laugh.

Same guy who co-created 'Yes, Dear' went on to create 'My Name is Earl'.

movieking 01-01-08 07:03 AM

I kinda liked it as well. It's one of those shows that no one admits to watching, yet it lasts for multiple seasons (ala According To Jim).

DeputyDave 01-01-08 09:36 AM

There was a bailiff who would insist on watching it (in syndication) every weekday at noon in the break room at the court house. When I was at court I would end up watching it because there was nothing else to do during lunch. I enjoyed it but made absolutely no attempt to watch it on my own.

nateman 01-01-08 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness
Somebody must have thought it was funny. It lasted six seasons.

Ok, I thought it was a funny show. Nothing ground-breaking, but I liked the characters and it made me laugh.

Same guy who co-created 'Yes, Dear' went on to create 'My Name is Earl'.

Critic's hated Yes, Dear.

I agree with you, the show wasn't ground-breaking, but the characters weren't boring, and it had its funny moments.

My Name is Earl is way better than Yes, Dear, however. I know everyone at DVD Talk thinks that its "boring" now, but I think this is its best season yet.

JimmySRU 01-03-08 07:14 AM

i loved the episode when they broke into the big brother house

Toad 01-03-08 07:46 AM

I liked it. It was pretty bad, but the wife was sorta cute.

rfduncan 01-03-08 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by E. Honda
my friend is looking for the name of a tv show. He describes it thusly:

"What is the name of that funny show, with the guy and his wife, and his wife's sister and brother in law live in the backyard guest house? The wife has really curly black hair."

Doesnt sound familiar to me. Anyone know what it is?

Okay wait. So your friend liked this show which went off the air less that 2 years ago and couldn't remember the NAME of the show? Wow. Sounds like a real winner to catch up on.

Originally Posted by nateman241
Critic's hated Yes, Dear.

I agree with you, the show wasn't ground-breaking, but the characters weren't boring, and it had its funny moments.

Speaking as someone who enjoys good comedy, it was chore to watch. Pure pulp like most of the CBS sitcoms during its run which middle America ADORED. The fact that the OP's friend couldn't remember the show's name this shortly after it was cancelled kind of says it all in terms of the quality of the show IMHO.

narender_20 01-03-08 11:48 AM

Its Yes, Dear for sure.

leacha 01-03-08 12:00 PM

I remember that sitcom block on CBS. My fav. of the bunch was Still Standing. The shows did the job of providing entertainment.