DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Survivor: China - **Season Finale, Sunday, 12/16/07 at 8:00 pm EST** (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/520155-survivor-china-%2A%2Aseason-finale-sunday-12-16-07-8-00-pm-est%2A%2A.html)

auto 12-15-07 07:49 PM

Survivor: China - **Season Finale, Sunday, 12/16/07 at 8:00 pm EST**

http://l.yimg.com/img.tv.yahoo.com/t...0821111223.jpg

Episode 13

Title:

Spoiler:
A Slippery Little Sucker

Description:

The finalists are questioned by the jury members, who cast their votes for the winner. Jeff Probst is the host.

http://wwwimage.cbs.com/primetime/su.../splash/17.jpg

So, who's it gonna be???

Goldberg74 12-15-07 08:03 PM

I'm rooting for Denise.

But I'll take anyone but Courtney.

Goat3001 12-15-07 10:17 PM

I'm rooting for (in order):

Todd - Sure he made some enemies along the way and that will keep him from winning but he had great strategy throughout.

Amanda- She comes off as a nice girl but shes a player. Everyone on the show must love her but shes a trick. Gotta respect that in this game. She stuck behind Todd while he pulled the strings. I like Todd over her because Todd set it all up and she tagged along for the most part. After the show is over I'm rooting for an uncensored DVD with her ass without the censors.

Denise- Not really the best strategist. She's a good person (although her reasoning for not taking PG on the reward was cold). She'll get votes if she makes it to the final two. I'm just not a fan of hers.

Courtney- As a person I think shes great personality. At the show she sucks. Shes only there because everyone knows shes an easy out in any immunity challenge. I can't root for a person that flat out sucks at everything in the game. She'll win if up against Todd and I personally think thats a sham. Todd may have been a dick but the jury should respect his game and strategy over Courtney's luck.

The only final tribal council set up that would be fun to watch would be Todd vs. Courtney. Everyone will be hating on them and then they'll have to vote for one of them. Thats better TV then having the jury praise Denise and Amanda.

I'm also hoping James finally rips into Jaime and PG for throwing that challenge. Hopefully he'll point out how PG said she played with honor yet threw an important challenge.

WatchAMovie 12-16-07 02:19 AM

Thanks for posting this, no idea the finale was on Sunday. I'm rooting for Amanda, Todd has done too much backstabbing, Denise and Courtney haven't done much to deserve a million dollars.

DJariya 12-16-07 02:27 AM

I'm rooting for Amanda. I cannot stand the other three. This season is almost equal to Vanuatu as one of my least favorite seasons.

2 things I'm looking forward to on Sunday besides finding out who won:
1. Will Courtney have gained any weight in the reunion show...Doubtful.
2. More details about All-Stars 2 for Spring.

mwbmis 12-16-07 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Goat3001

Courtney- As a person I think shes great personality. At the show she sucks. Shes only there because everyone knows shes an easy out in any immunity challenge. I can't root for a person that flat out sucks at everything in the game. She'll win if up against Todd and I personally think thats a sham. Todd may have been a dick but the jury should respect his game and strategy over Courtney's luck.

The only final tribal council set up that would be fun to watch would be Todd vs. Courtney. Everyone will be hating on them and then they'll have to vote for one of them. Thats better TV then having the jury praise Denise and Amanda.

Unless the jury is crazy bitter I honestly don't think Courtney would beat anybody. She just really doesn't have anything in her favor to argue (although admittedly I'd like to see her try...we might have the first insane scorched Earth arguments since Clay in Thailand...and she's a lot funnier than Clay). I mean, really, do you see Jean-Robert voting for Courtney? As long as Todd didn't screw himself he'd have it in the bag. That having been said his lack of humility is a definite problem for him. So, maybe a contrite Courtney would have a shot (I just don't think she has that in her...and, really, who would buy it).

This thing is Amanda's to lose. Todd has to know that right?

Goat3001 12-16-07 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by mwbmis

This thing is Amanda's to lose. Todd has to know that right?

I'm not sold on that. Amanda NEEDS to win immunity to make it to the final two. Shes gotta be a favorite physically against any combonation of the other three but the last challenge is always the endurance one and with this group its a toss up. If Amanda doesn't win she's likely a goner. They all know that shes a jury favorite and they'll take the first opporitunity to cut her loose. I wouldn't be surprised if they vote out Amanda over Denise in the first tribal but I think both Courtney and Todd want to stick to their alliance ties.

Since she is a jury favorite I doubt anyone will want to take her to the final two. So since she needs to win immunity I can't consider her a favorite. Meanwhile both Amanda and Denise are itching to be in a final two with Todd. So odds are that Todd will easily finish in at least second place, without having to win immunity, and will be up against Courtney.

TheGodfather 12-16-07 04:55 AM

Denise- Not really the best strategist. She's a good person (although her reasoning for not taking PG on the reward was cold). ...
...and dumb. I'm all about not leaving the outsider back at camp with an insider. She got lucky, but that manuever could've broke her alliance.

That said I voted Denise to win for her bad strategy. The fact that she just rode everyone else's coattails might just pull her out $1 mil.

Amanda and Todd have both played much better games but I think whichever of them doesn't win immunity the other is out at 4. If neither wins Amanda will go. That leaves Denise and Courtney to go against Todd or Amanda, both of whom have enemies on the jury. Everyone hates Courtney (except Frosti), which leaves Denise as my odds-on favorite Sole Survivor.

Just me talkin'.

ETA- I'm rooting for The Blur. I think she's played the best game so far - it all comes down to getting rid of Denise because I think Blur's got the other 2 beat easily right now on the vote.

OldDude 12-16-07 08:44 AM

Don't know. I have trouble warming to any of them.

My plan: Let the DVR watch it. Read the spoilers after the fact. See if it worth buzzing through the recording tomorrow to "watch the train wreck." If nothing else, it shortens each hour to 45 min. Can you sense my lack of excitement?

WatchAMovie 12-16-07 08:50 AM

I'm not sold on that. Amanda NEEDS to win immunity to make it to the final two. Shes gotta be a favorite physically against any combonation of the other three but the last challenge is always the endurance one and with this group its a toss up. If Amanda doesn't win she's likely a goner. They all know that shes a jury favorite and they'll take the first opporitunity to cut her loose. I wouldn't be surprised if they vote out Amanda over Denise in the first tribal but I think both Courtney and Todd want to stick to their alliance ties.

Since she is a jury favorite I doubt anyone will want to take her to the final two. So since she needs to win immunity I can't consider her a favorite. Meanwhile both Amanda and Denise are itching to be in a final two with Todd. So odds are that Todd will easily finish in at least second place, without having to win immunity, and will be up against Courtney.

I think whoever doesn't win immunity between Todd and Amanda will be voted out. Both of them will want to go up against either Denise or Courtney in the jury.

mwbmis 12-16-07 04:32 PM

That's kind of what I meant about it being Amanda's to lose. Todd has to have figured that he can't beat her by now, right. I know two weeks ago on the show he was talking to her about going to the final together, and she was his initial and strongest alliance.

Todd NEEDS to stick to Courtney. If Amanda doesn't win immunity she needs to try convince Denise to stick to her.

Ravenous 12-16-07 06:49 PM

Will this be on time tonight?

Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. 12-16-07 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Will this be on time tonight?

yes

mike7162 12-16-07 07:40 PM

Let's see...Courtney's holocaust-survivor body and Denise's armpit boobs and front butt are ok to show, but Amanda shows a little cheek and it's blurred out? Bleccch!

Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. 12-16-07 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by mike7162
Let's see...Courtney's holocaust-survivor body and Denise's armpit boobs and front butt are ok to show, but Amanda shows a little cheek and it's blurred out? Bleccch!

I think she requested it be blurred

Patman 12-16-07 07:53 PM

I hate the immunity challenge.

Patman 12-16-07 07:58 PM

But I'm okay with the outcome of final immunity challenge.

creekdipper 12-16-07 08:04 PM

Bye Bye Denise (just lost the challenge to Amanda). Looks like Skeletor, Beauty Queen, & Flight Guy in the end.

Patman 12-16-07 08:56 PM

Scintillating TV, this final tribal council is not. Gawd, if Courtney wins, I...don't know how I feel about this show anymore.

I still think it's funny how no jury member ever remembers their own lying and deceit that got them as far as it did before getting the boot.

Patman 12-16-07 09:07 PM

Well, the votes are in:

Spoiler:
Todd takes home the money with 4 votes, Courtney got 2, and Amanda only got one vote.

Eh, underwhelmed, but it's how it goes.

dadaluholla 12-16-07 09:08 PM

Hooray for Todd!
:clap:
He played a hell of a game. This was a very good season.

TwineTime 12-16-07 09:19 PM

The final vote turned out exactly as it should have. Amanda was the clear winner here...until final tribal, where she managed to make Courtney look good.

zuffy 12-16-07 09:20 PM

PG is a very very bitter bitch!

Patman 12-16-07 09:21 PM

Hey Todd, Flock of Seagulls called, they want their hairdo back.

It was good to see how well Todd played on J-R's vanity.

Yeah, too bad Amanda just went into schlep-mode, too afraid to own her deceit and lies in terms of the game.

dadaluholla 12-16-07 09:24 PM

I don't think Amanda had much of a chance to begin with. It didn't seem like anyone liked her all that much. The final tribal council just made it worse.