Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Need a little help from "Scrubs" fans

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-07, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need a little help from "Scrubs" fans

I'm putting together a baby book for my wife for X-mas this year. One page will be dedicated to our favorite television character (Dr. Cox), and his thoughts on parenting and having children. I've done some searching and have found a couple, but I know there are more. If any come to mind, please kindly post them here. Thanks in advance.

Here is what I have so far:

“Every one of our parents does considerable emotional damage, and from what I've heard, it just might be the best part of being a parent. Now, if some guy ever does put a ring on your finger (to J.D.) and you're lucky enough to pop out a youngster, I'm sure you'll understand."

”It's a long story involving my son, a rum cake, and a low counter. Suffice to say that it turns out at first it’s, it’s endearing to watch them bounce off of the walls. But, man, you take your eyes off ‘em for one second and - BAM! - they got a bucket on their head and they’re plowing right through your brand new flat screen TV. God save me, it was barely out of the box.”
Old 12-13-07, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Whoa - that's tough. Certainly S6 has several as I just watched it (J.D. has a baby on the way, Carla and Jordan both deliver). But he has plenty to say about parenting especially when Dan comes to visit after Mr. Dorian dies... I'll have to get back to you!
Old 12-13-07, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bjz-ngp_DYk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bjz-ngp_DYk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Old 12-13-07, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
also found a few quotes here:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Scrubs

Dr. Cox: Carla, I have a six-month old child, I'm gonna be one of those weird old guys who brings my son down to the park, where everybody is like, "Hmm, is he the dad, is he the grandad, is he the grandad's grandad and oh my God, why is he pushing a traffic cone on the swing while his five-year old little boy is in the mud crying? Is — is he taunting the little boy? No! He can't even see the little boy, and, now look: he's actually taking the traffic cone, putting it in the minivan and driving away while the little boy cries and the traffic cone sits quietly and watches Finding Nemo on DVD.

Dr. Cox: Look at me and Jordan. Y'know how we hate everyone? Well, that goes double for children. It's true. They're loud, you can't understand them... They're like tiny cab drivers.