Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Journeyman--"Home by Another Way--12/10/07

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-07, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Have you all noticed that NBC has essentially thrown in the towel promoting the show? The last 2 episodes have had no promo during the end credits teasing the next episode....this last episode only had a voice over.
Old 12-14-07, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
Well, he didn't murder his dad. He just didn't call for help when his dad was having a heart attack.

and that poses a question, because i honestly don't know - If someone is having a heart attack, and you're there, but don't call for help, is that a criminal offense?
Ah I forgot it was about not calling, not murder, my bad.

As for the offense...if I remember my Philosophy/Law combo class correctly...you're technically not required to help someone if they're in trouble (depending on where you are), but if it requires an insignificant effort on your part then I'm guessing people will get pissed, a competent lawyer will question your motives, etc.

Speaking of which, that reminds me of 24 Season 3.
Old 12-14-07, 08:58 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you're only obligated to help someone in peril if you created the situation of peril otherwise legally you're not obligated
Old 12-15-07, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

They should "straight-to-dvd" the last 9 episodes or something...screw NBC, they have nothing good left anyways. Move Journeyman to FOX so people will watch it!
Old 12-15-07, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by discostu1337
They should "straight-to-dvd" the last 9 episodes or something...screw NBC, they have nothing good left anyways. Move Journeyman to FOX so people will watch it!
There aren't any episodes beyond the ones that are going to finish airing this coming week.
Old 12-15-07, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

And let the promos for Clash of the Choirs with Michael Bolton begin.

"I will never understand people."
"They’re the worst."

Of course that's a quote from a time when NBC was still relevant.
Old 12-16-07, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
A few culprits to the shows demise:

1. Promotion or lack their of.
2. Timeslot: Was getting slaughtered by CSI:Miami and The Bachelor
3. Heroes audience not giving this show a chance.
Good points. Especially #3- The Heroes audience is one of the whiniest groups of TV fans known to mankind.
Read any of the threads for Heroes episodes and then tell me I'm wrong.
Old 12-17-07, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jjcool
For the second part about not seeing any changes in how their lives unfolded because of his dad telling the boys why he was leaving, I just think we havent seen the aftermath yet.
I would view ANY change in the time-line as a "butterfly effect" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_effect). The fact that a major change like this caused NO changes in the time-line -- notice that every tiny detail of the Christmas party was the same both before and after his jump -- is beyond ridiculous.

There is a conjecture of time travel that deals with a paradox like this which states that the time-line is self-correcting. In other words, if you try to change the time-line, it will somehow correct itself to restore the original, established and presumably pre-ordained time-line. I'm sure the writers have/had every intention of invoking this conjecture as an explanation but IMO it's totally bogus.
Old 12-17-07, 05:26 PM

We never were really told, but how did the original timeline work out? If Dan hadn't been there to piss off the son, the father wouldn't have made him look like an ass in front of everyone. Son wouldn't have been angry, father would've likely been saved, unless he died "in the saddle" like they alluded to. In that case, the copy girl would've been sleeping with the wrong guy if she was looking for a promotion to reporter. Unless her sexcapades continued with the son after that night...
Old 12-18-07, 12:24 AM

As was alluded to in the episode where present Dan has to play past Dan the night of the poker game, the producers would have you believe that most of these "corrections" to the past are actually the correct timeline and that it's the timeline before he goes back that is indeed the "screwed up" timeline. Novel idea but a thinking man's show like this had no chance of success with today's braindead reality watching TV consumers.
Old 12-18-07, 10:04 AM

I just took it, in the poker episode, that when Dan and Livia showed up, it screwed up the original timeline. Future Dan had to fill in at the poker game so that the past timeline wouldn't be screwed up.

If future Dan hadn't been back there, past Dan would have been at the game, Dan and his wife would've gotten together, etc.
Old 12-19-07, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Beehut
I just took it, in the poker episode, that when Dan and Livia showed up, it screwed up the original timeline. Future Dan had to fill in at the poker game so that the past timeline wouldn't be screwed up.

If future Dan hadn't been back there, past Dan would have been at the game, Dan and his wife would've gotten together, etc.
But IIRC, in that episode he mentioned he never did remember how he got home that night...
Old 12-20-07, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by mosquitobite
But IIRC, in that episode he mentioned he never did remember how he got home that night...
I believe it was because he was hammered drunk. Katie had originally taken him home because the newscaster buddy (that we were introduced to in the present when she was "interviewing" for the station job) had called her to come get him.

So present Dan knew he had to play in the poker game, even though his past self was passed/knocked out. If he hadn't gone back in his place, gotten drunk and lost a lot of money, the friend might not have called Katie. The events had to play out exactly like they did that night.