Reload this Page >

Journeyman--"Home by Another Way--12/10/07

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 12-10-07, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts

It's back after a 1 week break. Don't forget to tune in tonight, especially if you have a Nielsen box.

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Dan travels back to the newspaper's holiday party after Christmas Eve layoffs hit his office. He also runs into his father in the past and asks him to spend more time with the family. Elsewhere, Katie tries to put her traumatizing experience behind her, and Jack and Theresa receive some surprising news. John Aniston guest stars.
Old 12-10-07, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!
Old 12-10-07, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great, another episode, didn't like the one week layoff.

Doug
Old 12-10-07, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Awesome excited for a new episode.
Old 12-10-07, 05:01 PM
Suspended

Can't wait!

So what's the word on getting all 13 or 14 or whatever # of episodes there are, aired?
Old 12-10-07, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
Can't wait!

So what's the word on getting all 13 or 14 or whatever # of episodes there are, aired?
All episodes will air. This episode, then next Monday and Wednesday's two parter.
Old 12-10-07, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Last week felt odd with no Journeyman, glad to have it back!
Old 12-10-07, 06:13 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
All episodes will air. This episode, then next Monday and Wednesday's two parter.
Good to hear!
Old 12-10-07, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fantastic episode (and I got to count it for the Holiday Movie Challenge ). They really packed a lot of subplots into this episode and they kept me interested in all of them. Also any storyline that gives Jack's girlfriend more screentime is fine by me.

Last edited by WallyOPD; 12-10-07 at 11:34 PM.
Old 12-11-07, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 972 Likes on 605 Posts
Originally Posted by WallyOPD
Also any storyline that gives Jack's girlfriend more screentime is fine by me.
That actress had a large role in the series Invasion (which was pretty good but was cancelled after one season). If you like her, you should definitely check it out.
Old 12-11-07, 04:51 AM

The show clearly needs more Christmas parties for Livia to dress up for.
Old 12-11-07, 10:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, another excellent episode.

How many people think that
Spoiler:
Dan and Jack's dad may also be a time traveler and that is why he told them he felt like a 'freak' and had to leave?

That would be an incredible revelation!

Chris
Old 12-11-07, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts
Best episode of the season.

I'll agree that I think Dan's father is a "journeyman" No need to spoilerize since it's a guess. I think that's why that made a big deal about Jack's girlfriend saying you can inherit things from your parents. Still I wish Dan had told Jack about seeing their father.

Did I miss anything in the last 2 minutes? Dvr cut off right when Dan was walking up to his wife.
Old 12-11-07, 01:09 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Timber
Best episode of the season.

I'll agree that I think Dan's father is a "journeyman" No need to spoilerize since it's a guess. I think that's why that made a big deal about Jack's girlfriend saying you can inherit things from your parents. Still I wish Dan had told Jack about seeing their father.
I think many of you feel like freaks, and i doubt you travel thru time.
Old 12-11-07, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So did Dan change time at all? When he asked his brother to tell the story at the end, I was not sure if he was asking him to get information After he changed time.
Interesting to see Olivia's life in the other time period.
The girlfriend was getting the creeps from watching the whole family. No wonder she was a bit weirded out.
Old 12-11-07, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dan caused his father to go home and explain why he was leaving. That is what Jack told Dan at the end of the episode and Dan said he was unable to remember, to young.

Looking forward to the two parter next week.

Doug
Old 12-11-07, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Journeyman is starting to fall prey to the inevitable trap of almost all time-travel fiction: Paradoxes and silly plot contrivances.

The really big one for me, and indeed the one that I just can't get over and irritates me no end, is the whole elapsed time thing. He travels back in time to do whatever he has to do and spends (let's say) an hour doing it. Why the hell does he have to come back to the present an hour after he left? If he can travel through time why can't he just return to the point in time when he left? I realize that the writers are using this as a way to create drama in the present but I could think of a dozen ways to do this without having to invoke this stupid Maguffin.

Also, last night he changes his family's time-line (gets his father to explain to the kids why he's leaving). Wouldn't this cause a complete rewrite of their history? The only consequence seemed to be the brother's memory being changed. Even though this was a very significant act, their lives unfolded EXACTLY as before right up to the point of the Christmas party?! Jesus, even the Simpsons' toaster time-machine episode did a better job of dealing with this.

Look, I really like this show, but it could be even better. Maybe if the writers had been a bit more thoughtful they wouldn't be scrambling to avoid cancellation.
Old 12-11-07, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
Yes, another excellent episode.

How many people think that
Spoiler:
Dan and Jack's dad may also be a time traveler and that is why he told them he felt like a 'freak' and had to leave?

That would be an incredible revelation!

Chris
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...7&postcount=21

C'mon, show me some love!
Old 12-11-07, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by johnglass
But, you didn't come out and say it!

Also, only 5.56M people saw the show last night even after following the huge lead in of Deal or No Deal.

That sucks big time!

Chris
Old 12-11-07, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Flave
The really big one for me, and indeed the one that I just can't get over and irritates me no end, is the whole elapsed time thing. He travels back in time to do whatever he has to do and spends (let's say) an hour doing it. Why the hell does he have to come back to the present an hour after he left? If he can travel through time why can't he just return to the point in time when he left?
While you may think that it should work this way, it actually doesn't. Trust me. We did a lot of time traveling at my old job and this show actually got it right.

Just one of those things to make you go 'hmmm...' I guess.
Old 12-11-07, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Flave
The really big one for me, and indeed the one that I just can't get over and irritates me no end, is the whole elapsed time thing. He travels back in time to do whatever he has to do and spends (let's say) an hour doing it. Why the hell does he have to come back to the present an hour after he left?
While he does come back later than when he left, if I recall correctly there is no 1-1 correspondence between time spent in the past and time lost in the present. It varies a lot from jump to jump.
Old 12-11-07, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm going to have to disagree with those who think that his dad is also a time traveler. I think that is a real stretch, and I just don't see that at all. You can already see him as kind of a ladies man with women other than his wife. I think he was just away so much and doesn't feel worthy. I would have thought if they wanted to plant that seed, they would have made his facial expressions/reactions a little more suspicious than it was portrayed on the show.

Now, do I think that Livia's new fiance may come up again as some major plot point, yes. Perhaps Dan runs into him in Livia's future (his past) and finds out something about him, but can't tell her, etc...
Old 12-11-07, 10:31 PM
Banned

That would be a pretty cool season finale if Dan met face-to-face with his father in the present.

This was a great episode. More people should be watching this.
Old 12-12-07, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
Pretty good ep.

Moon Bloodgood is the cat's pajamas.
Old 12-12-07, 08:29 AM

Bad news... A few places are reporting that Journeyman is canceled.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071212/tv_nm/journeyman_dc

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?id=46274

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.