DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   CSI -- "Cockroaches" -- 12/6 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/519358-csi-cockroaches-12-6-a.html)

TheMovieman 12-06-07 04:04 PM

CSI -- "Cockroaches" -- 12/6

Spoiler:
Warrick's addiction to pills begins to impact his job when his investigation into the underground mob in Vegas results in him being targeted as the prime suspect in a murder case.

Note: This episode was directed by William Friedkin

I believe this is the last episode before it goes on hiatus due to the strike.

DJariya 12-06-07 05:00 PM

I don't know what's the big deal about William Friedkin. Besides directing The Exorcist and The French Connection, which are considered classics, most of the films he's been hired to direct have been mediocre. I think he's an overrated director.

Geofferson 12-06-07 06:24 PM

He's had his fair share of misses, but To Live and Die in L.A. is also worthy of recognition.

Anyway, looking forward to tonight's episode.

aintnosin 12-06-07 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
I believe this is the last episode before it goes on hiatus due to the strike.

Tivo shows another new episode next week.

TheMovieman 12-06-07 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by aintnosin
Tivo shows another new episode next week.

Oh, ok. I think I mistaken last episode airing versus last one shot as I had read in TV Guide's interview with Eads and Dourdan.

TheMovieman 12-07-07 12:56 AM

Decent episode, though reminds me of another one that revolved around Nick(?) when the woman he went home with ended up dead.

girlnextdoor 12-07-07 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Decent episode, though reminds me of another one that revolved around Nick(?) when the woman he went home with ended up dead.

That was in the 1st season, it was Nick and the girl was a prostitute.

OK Episode.

It seems to me that Warrick was coming in and out of clear thought alot. He was falling asleep in the taxi then awake enough to have drinks with the girl after she got off work, then not quite as alert while in the room, then wakes up, then falling asleep in the taxi again.

TheMovieman 12-07-07 10:13 AM

The next episode is going to be so obvious, though. I hightly doubt he'll lose his job (maybe get suspended but he'll be back) and I can already see that he'll get interrogated by IA and later we will find out he was drugged with something by that girl by the mobster and subsequently the mobster had that girl killed...

nateman 12-08-07 03:00 PM

The writer's must've been watching TMZ, because this episode is "based on a true story"; Gary's story, anyway.

I pretty much have the same opinions as everyone else on this episode, it was OK.

That guy getting hit by the big vehicle (can't remember if it was a bus, garbage truck, or what?) at the beginning of the show was pretty impressive, I'll admit that. All in all it was a decent story, and all joking about Gary's "public" appearance, he was pretty good at not mugging up "his episode" screen time.

Speaking of performances, did anyone else think Petersen wasn't trying too be "in character" as Grissom, this week?

Michael Corvin 12-10-07 06:36 AM

I thought the acting, Grissom aside, was subpar across the board. The scene of Nick talking to Warrick about the pills almost had me laughing. It almost seemed like an outtake from an after school special.

Warrick near tears at the beginning wasn't believable in the least. Then of course his yelling rant at the end. :lol: At least I knew that was god-awful from the previews. I was hoping there would be some decent context for it, but it was just bad.

It was overly gruesome too. On earlier seasons you would have never seen the guy getting hit by the car. They would show the speeding car, the deer in headlights look on the victim and quick flash forward to CSI investigating the body. Also a big :down: to repeatedly showing the body getting crushed in the garbage truck. Once was more than enough. I'm not a prude, and neither of these get to me, but it just seemed like it was too much.

Definitely one of the worst episodes of late.

dgmayor 12-10-07 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I thought the acting, Grissom aside, was subpar across the board. The scene of Nick talking to Warrick about the pills almost had me laughing. It almost seemed like an outtake from an after school special.

Lol, I said the exact same thing to my wife. The entire scene just seemed so poorly written and poorly acted.

Deftones 12-12-07 09:59 PM

What a weird episode. Just didn't seem to jive with CSI as a whole.

Vipper II 12-13-07 06:42 AM

Dear TPTB:

Please don't let William Friedkin direct anymore episodes of CSI.

Thank you,

John Smyth

CPA-ESQ. 12-13-07 08:07 AM

I was kinda digging the ending.

The whole - "what are those pills...because I'm your friend" thing was :lol: Just seemed forced.