Life -- "Fill It Up" -- 12/05/07

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-07, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Life -- "Fill It Up" -- 12/05/07

Fill It Up
Spoiler:
Crews and Reese investigate a murder in which it looks like the wife shot her husband, but no murder weapon was found, what they do find is illegal drugs. Crews asks Reese and Stark to cover for him during the search because he has to take care of something. Crews in in for a shock as he tries to track the man he thinks actually committed the murders he was in jail for.

First Aired: Wednesday December 5, 2007
Old 12-06-07, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I dug it. I liked that they let us get some answers while introducing a new twist. I also enjoyed the scenes with his "partners" and hope future episodes include them with his quest. I am really looking forward to the new shows in 2008?????.
Old 12-06-07, 10:12 AM

I enjoyed the show last night, but it seems like they are resolving his mystery too fast.
Old 12-06-07, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Nice to see him making some progress. I actually expected Jack to jump off the building after Charlie confronted him.
Old 12-06-07, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Jack Reese is one twisted mutha. Too bad he's got a funny hair style.

Loved the way Charlie took down the 2 bad guys after getting flipped.

Charlie's ex-wife seems to get hotter each time I see her.
Old 12-06-07, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Jack Reese is one twisted mutha. Too bad he's got a funny hair style.
And crazy eyes.

I really love this show and it gets better and better each week.

I didn't like Reese being taken out of the storyline (having to stay behind and deal with the snake), but it made sense for this episode. Crews was pretty badass in this ep, while still maintaining his new-agey zen like ways.

I wonder if this mystery will go beyond this season (I doubt it), but if it doesn't will they introduce a new over arching mystery each year (ala Desperate Housewives) or just go totally procedural.
Old 12-06-07, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GreenEggs248
I enjoyed the show last night, but it seems like they are resolving his mystery too fast.
You need some resolution, otherwise the audience is going to get bored. Last night was the halfway point of the season, assuming they are actually slated for 22 episodes. I think that's a great time to get one big piece of the puzzle, which leaves the rest of the time to discover who framed him and why. I was concerned that they were going to be wrapping this up in this episode because of the writer's strike, but I was happy to hear that they are going to be working on more episodes eventually.
Old 12-06-07, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Anyone recognize the girl (that Charlie was looking for, and had, but didn't realize it) was also Hannah on "Veronica Mars", who was a dalliance for Logan. The actress dyed her hair (was a blonde as Hannah).
Old 12-06-07, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think the pacing for the overarching mystery is great. I'm so used to shows dragging things out, that this was a nice change of pace. In any other show, this would have been the finale, and season 2 would have been about who framed him.
Old 12-06-07, 02:08 PM

I agree this was a good time for some resolution. There's still plenty of material to cover with how he was framed for the remainder of the season. As I said in an earlier episode thread, I would love to see a second season arc with the Russian mobster as the main antagonist.

I somehow think Jack Reese is a bit of red herring (a victim of circumstances). If he fully involved (based on the last phone conversation about the victims' daughter), it provides some great potential for character development between Crews and Danni -- is blood thicker than partnership?
Old 12-06-07, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I say finish it this season. Veronica Mars and Prison Break both had solid first seasons because they weren't afraid of resolving the premise of the series. Of course they both had problems filling the void, but I'd rather have a single great season than a series of teasing and BS.
Old 12-09-07, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Just finished watching the last two episodes and can't wait for the strike to end since this is one of the shows that I'm going to be missing.

Loved this episode. We find out who killed the family but we still don't know who framed him. Damm, I was also thinking that Jack Reese was going to jump off the roof. I have no problem whatsoever with the pacing of the show and the mystery resolution. Hoping that we get to see the ending of the mystery by season end.

Good catch, Patman. I had no idea that was the actress that played Hanna in VM.
Old 12-10-07, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This two-parter was absolutely riveting. I loved seeing Crews drop the Zen exterior for a bit as he got closer to the truth and became a little more ruthless. Especially the way he took out two hitmen while still upside-down.
Old 12-10-07, 12:29 PM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
This two-parter was absolutely riveting. I loved seeing Crews drop the Zen exterior for a bit as he got closer to the truth and became a little more ruthless. Especially the way he took out two hitmen while still upside-down.
Act w/o thinking -- that was very Zen.
Old 12-10-07, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
The post-car crash sequence was very well done. I enjoyed the hell out of it.
Old 12-18-07, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Finally caught up to this, and I thought that this show just keeps getting better and better.

What a great episode, and a nice 1/2 way mark resolution, especially for a show thats fighting for its life, sp to speak, its nice to see some resolution at this point, especially with the strike shortened season looming.

I personally thought the music choices were particularly good in this ep, and was happy to see a Richard Thompson Cover of "Shoot out the Lights" prominently used. Richard has been one of the most underrated musicians of the past 40 years.

I hope this show gets a 2nd season.
Old 12-20-07, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
I hope this show gets a 2nd season.
Agreed.
Old 09-12-08, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Just zipped through the first season after missing the original broadcast. Great finale, but the only issue I had was that the girl that ID'd the killer was living with him? That seems ridiculous. And Jack Reese's wig. I mean, could that wig be any more fake looking? Sheesh. Outside of that, I'm excited to see season 2 starting soon. Just hope the move to Friday night doesn't kill it.
Old 09-12-08, 10:53 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 109 Likes on 98 Posts
It's starting off with 2 eps a week for the first 2 weeks i believe.