DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Nip/Tuck - "Damien Sands" - 12/04/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/519164-nip-tuck-damien-sands-12-04-07-a.html)

MrX 12-04-07 06:35 PM

Nip/Tuck - "Damien Sands" - 12/04/07

"Damien Sands"
Spoiler:
Looking to horn in on Sean's newfound fame, Christian persuades him to tape a reality show about their plastic-surgery careers.

MrX 12-04-07 10:00 PM

The reality show part was great:lol: Loved the background music change whenever something dramatic was going to happen and hidden cameras

starseed1981 12-05-07 09:24 AM

Loved it. Great episode.

I think Eden's setting Shawn up.

critterdvd 12-05-07 10:24 AM

Am I the only one that thought this was the worst episode of the series?

I mean yes I thought the whole making fun of reality tv was hilarious, for about 10 minutes until it got old and rather annoying - which I'm sure was the point, but still it made me want to turn the episode off every so often.

Patman 12-05-07 11:25 AM

I thought it ran out of steam about half-way through the episode. Sean is a knucklehead to be getting involved with Eden.

DVD Josh 12-05-07 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by critterdvd

I mean yes I thought the whole making fun of reality tv was hilarious, for about 10 minutes until it got old and rather annoying - which I'm sure was the point, but still it made me want to turn the episode off every so often.

Yeah, I thought it was good for about 20 mins, then I got really bored with it.

I'm really not liking the direction they are sending Sean in either.

Vipper II 12-05-07 11:54 AM

The writers seem to be going for broke when handing out character flaws.

starseed1981 12-05-07 01:14 PM

Must be in the minority because I've thought this season has been hilarious thus far. I do find Julia to be an annoying nusance though. It seems like through all five seasons all she has done is complain.

Vipper II 12-05-07 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Must be in the minority because I've thought this season has been hilarious thus far. I do find Julia to be an annoying nusance though. It seems like through all five seasons all she has done is complain.

Oh, I love the season so far, but I do feel they need to tone it down with just how flawed these characters are getting.

And I agree completely about Julia; it was a mistake to bring her back, if you ask me.

Red Dog 12-05-07 02:06 PM

Plastic Fantastic. :lol: Yeah, it got a little tired by the end but it was a very well-executed and very funny episode.

The most unbelievable part was that it did not test well.

NiCK Crush 12-06-07 02:28 AM

i really dont want Nip/Tuck to be "hilarious" though...

-NiCK

slop101 12-06-07 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
i really dont want Nip/Tuck to be "hilarious" though...

Really? I always felt that the show was more of a comedy than anything else.

DVD Josh 12-06-07 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by slop101

That's surprising to hear.

islandclaws 12-06-07 03:19 PM

The return of Dick Tremayne!

Pretty funny episode, though I thought they could have gone a bit further with the concept. Where's crackhead Kimber? Still, this season rocks so I'm not complaining. Next week looks like it should be a winner. I guess Sean is done with tub-shitter?

jonw9 12-06-07 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by critterdvd

Nope. I barely got through the episode. I understand the point they were trying to make, but having the entire episode feel like a show I try to avoid wasn't fun. Then New York showed up and I was done.

I thought it was Kimber bursting into the OR at first, then realized it was the daughter.

Jadzia 12-06-07 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by slop101

I can sort of see what you're saying. To me, Nip/Tuck is very "campy".

Clyde099 12-07-07 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Vipper II
Oh, I love the season so far, but I do feel they need to tone it down with just how flawed these characters are getting.

And I agree completely about Julia; it was a mistake to bring her back, if you ask me.

I thought Julia was just going to visit Sean and Christian to introduce them to her girlfriend...

I think I missed something.

DVD Josh 12-07-07 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Clyde099
I thought Julia was just going to visit Sean and Christian to introduce them to her girlfriend...

I think I missed something.

I said that a few weeks ago. They went from visiting to moving to LA and putting Annie in school. WTF.

Clyde099 12-07-07 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I said that a few weeks ago. They went from visiting to moving to LA and putting Annie in school. WTF.

Bad writers?

TyroneJordan 12-08-07 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
That's surprising to hear.

I agree. Although the situations in Nip Tuck are outrageous, the acting is amazing, and the people are relatable, so it's very poignant to me