DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Chuck -- "Chuck Versus The Crown Vic" -- 12/03/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/519006-chuck-chuck-versus-crown-vic-12-03-07-a.html)

LorenzoL 12-03-07 05:30 AM

Chuck -- "Chuck Versus The Crown Vic" -- 12/03/07

"Chuck Versus the Crown Vic"
Spoiler:
Still licking his wounds after realizing Sarah continues to have feelings for Bryce, Chuck must assume the cover of being Sarah's husband on a mission to foil a politically connected counterfeiter and yachtsman. Emotions and sea legs are tested when Chuck, Sarah and Casey have to head to the marina to scuttle a plot that also puts an unwitting Morgan and Anna squarely in the crosshairs. Meanwhile, it's time for the annual Buy More holiday party, but the party comes with lots of rules from Big Mike.

Originally Aired: December 03, 2007

Ayre 12-03-07 06:21 AM

Ford Crown Victoria?

We should all be hoping for a Sarah / Ellie bikini car wash scene.

asianxcore 12-04-07 12:11 AM

Great way to end this season this year.

I really love this show and can't wait until it comes back in 08'.

dvd182 12-04-07 01:00 AM

I wonder if there is any significance to Chuck and his friends/family being the constructed Intersect photos, of it they just thought it would look cool/striking.

kantonburg 12-04-07 06:05 AM

Did this episode seem a little off? Chuck seemed a little more leechy and Casey seemed a bit more smug than they normally are. Other than that it was a good episode. The scene with Casey washing the '85 Vic was great.

Patman 12-04-07 07:14 AM

"Shiny!"

TGM 12-04-07 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Patman
"Shiny!"

that was great.

By the way, these episode titles need to be called "The Blonde chick from Chuck vs the stitching in my underpants"

B.A. 12-04-07 07:32 AM

Too much Morgan and not enough Ellie and Awesome.

Ayre 12-04-07 07:32 AM

Not a great episode, but still fun. Too much Morgan and no Ellie does not make a good episode.

Edit: Great minds B.A. Both posts at the same time.

Sean O'Hara 12-04-07 09:28 AM

Was I the only one whose gone through the entire season thinking the Jewish character was Indian?

SoSpacey 12-04-07 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
Was I the only one whose gone through the entire season thinking the Jewish character was Indian?

nope. so did I.

starseed1981 12-04-07 09:50 AM

Good episode. I'll be back next season.

Kdogg 12-04-07 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by SoSpacey
nope. so did I.

You can be Indian and Jewish, or Catholic or Muslim or etc... I think they did it for laughs. What threw me was he was spinning a dreidel but afterwards was talking about parcheesi (an Indian game).

cdoug57 12-04-07 11:23 AM

Fun holiday episode.

Again, loved the "Shiny" moment.

Will be interesting to see how task oriented Casey actually is.

Doug

B.A. 12-04-07 11:30 AM

I had the distinct impression that he was pretending to be Jewish. He kept winning the game w/ the dreidel, because no one knew what the Hebrew symbols were - he was just making shit up as he went along so that he could win.

Amel 12-06-07 09:45 PM

Very funny stuff. Unfortunately I missed most of it due to signal loss. Watched it on NBC.com. It's been repeating on Saturday nights so hopefully I can catch it on the big screen this weekend.

Not sure where it's going in the second half after the preview they showed. I just know they can't lose the Buy More or Ellie and Capt. The show just wouldn't be the same.

Walker Boh 12-07-07 07:09 AM

Good episode ... Casey was even funnier than usual.

Spoiler:
The Crown Vic's destruction would've had a lot more impact if we'd known about it for more than 20 minutes.

jjcool 12-07-07 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara

Thought that was part of the joke. He wasnt jewish, and was cheating at dreidel.

Am I mistaken that it is a "Ford Crown Victoria", right? Didnt see a Ford emblem on it. Looked like a lincoln or soemthing emblem.

JasonF 12-07-07 10:15 PM

OK -- which one of you guys writes for the show?

Spoiler:
If you have a DVR, slow-mo through Chuck's intersect flashes in this episode. He repeatedly gets an image of a sign that says "Caution: Otter Crossing."

kantonburg 12-08-07 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by JasonF
OK -- which one of you guys writes for the show?

Spoiler:
If you have a DVR, slow-mo through Chuck's intersect flashes in this episode. He repeatedly gets an image of a sign that says "Caution: Otter Crossing."

Nice find.

DJariya 12-11-07 09:31 AM

It was a good, but not great episosde. Sorely missing Ellie and Devin.

I'm glad that Chuck and Sarah are back on good terms.

The longer this strikes goes, the less likely we'll get those back 9 episodes.

I guess we won't see Chuck until February.......the really want to stretch out the few remaining episodes.

MrE 12-11-07 12:05 PM

Casey washing the Vic makes this episode essential.

LorenzoL 12-23-07 03:16 PM

Just finished watching the last 5 episodes of this show and I have to admit that is quickly becoming a must watch for me. Even the character of Morgan is starting to grow on me.

Is there any "new" episodes left for NBC to air in the new year?

DJariya 12-23-07 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
Just finished watching the last 5 episodes of this show and I have to admit that is quickly becoming a must watch for me. Even the character of Morgan is starting to grow on me.

Is there any "new" episodes left for NBC to air in the new year?

2 more episodes and that's it. Chuck's not on the schedule for the new year yet. So I assume most likely it will return in February.