DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Desperate Housewives - "Something’s Coming" - 12/02/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/518945-desperate-housewives-something%92s-coming-12-02-07-a.html)

MrX 12-02-07 11:28 AM

Desperate Housewives - "Something’s Coming" - 12/02/07

"Something’s Coming"
Spoiler:
The residents of Wisteria Lane are forced into basements, cellars and safe rooms to weather a tornado that destroys homes and lives forever.

Rogue588 12-02-07 01:20 PM

Are there any plans to show the next ep? Or are they going to end it here?

MadonnasManOne 12-02-07 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Rogue588
Are there any plans to show the next ep? Or are they going to end it here?

To answer your question:

(Note: Be warned, the link I have provided contains slight spoilers for the episode airing tonight. I am providing a quote from the article to answer the question that Rogue588 has asked.)

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=286309&GT1=7703&

The first hour airs Sunday, with a cliffhanger ending (cut for slight spoilers) that won't be resolved anytime soon: The following episode is completed but has yet to be scheduled.

Filming wrapped just as the screenwriters' strike began Nov. 5, shutting down "Desperate Housewives" and other network dramas and comedies. ABC and Cherry want the second hour to kick off a run of new episodes — which would require the strike to wrap before the season does.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, it looks likely we won't see part 2 for quite some time.

dpz301 12-02-07 09:06 PM

wow, crazy episode. pretty awesome all the things that went on. the victor/carlos stuff was by best.

best episode yet for this show. can't wait to see the second half once they finish the second half of the season.

MadonnasManOne 12-02-07 09:07 PM

:jawdrop: Chills. Absolute chills. One of the best, if not THE BEST, episode of the entire series!

When Lynette walked out of her house, saw that Karen's house had been destroyed, and let out that yell, I felt that emotion. Amazing. Felicity Huffman is an amazing talent. This cast is terrific, and with this season, they have shown why Desperate Housewives is must see television.

Snowmaker 12-02-07 09:12 PM

I felt the most for the death of the $10,000,000. :(

Patman 12-02-07 09:26 PM

There is no lane anymore, that neighborhood got thrashed but good.

MrX 12-02-07 09:51 PM

Good episode

Sucks we have to wait to see the conclusion

Patman 12-02-07 09:54 PM

Was that the last episode filmed before the strike?

MadonnasManOne 12-02-07 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
Was that the last episode filmed before the strike?

No, it was not. As I posted, above, the next episode is the last episode filmed. However, it will not be aired until it can kick off a string of new episodes. Which, since the strike hasn't ended, won't be anytime soon.

Rogue588 12-03-07 12:26 AM

So...we saw who lost a "husband". But who lost a "friend"?

And why was Andrew listed in the credits, but wasn't in the episode?

CKMorpheus 12-03-07 01:27 AM

Yeah a husband was lost but no one lost a friend... Maybe Adam's stalker friend? Or Ida's cat?

Jadzia 12-03-07 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by Rogue588
So...we saw who lost a "husband". But who lost a "friend"?

I was wondering too. I kept expecting McCluskey was going to die.

I thought I had read a vague spoiler that there was supposed to be
Spoiler:
two character deaths.

RoboDad 12-03-07 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I thought I had read a vague spoiler that there was supposed to be
Spoiler:
two character deaths.

There were.
Spoiler:
It just wasn't two regular characters - Victor (killed by a fence picket), and Sylvia (sucked away by the wind from the twister).

MadonnasManOne 12-03-07 03:33 AM

Well, part 2 of the episode, whenever it airs, will reveal more death and destruction.

Heat 12-03-07 04:50 AM

It was an "OK" episode for me.

The "storm" was too fake - winds blowing everything around but people can walk with no problems. Cars dropping out of nowhere in wind that is not even strong enough to knock a person down. Nobody is listening to the TV or radios which is the first thing people would be doing if a tornado was coming. Bree's group should have just kicked in the door where Sylvia was hiding.

The only good scenes for me were the Victor / Carlos scenes, Mike's drug story, and hopefully seeing Tom dead (never really cared for that character).

Chew 12-03-07 06:18 AM

What's with the lack of neighborhood basements?

cdollaz 12-03-07 06:56 AM

I think the dead "friend" will be the cat lady.

magiccmom 12-03-07 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Heat
hopefully seeing Tom dead (never really cared for that character).

cancer and a widow? That's a little rough for one character..but hey, it happens in real life...
I think it will be the cat lady too. Dont think Sylvia was to much of a character to count...Actually thought they just stuck her in there to reveal Adam's affair. Dana and Bree might be joining forces as friends? Watch out!

cdollaz 12-03-07 07:52 AM

They described the dead person as a "friend", so Sylvia wouldn't apply.

DVD Josh 12-03-07 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by cdollaz
I think the dead "friend" will be the cat lady.

Spoiler:
According to what I've read online, you are right

Patman 12-03-07 08:36 AM

Is Tom really dead? I'd thought that Victor was the husband who died.

Gooter 12-03-07 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
When Lynette walked out of her house, saw that Karen's house had been destroyed, and let out that yell, I felt that emotion. Amazing. Felicity Huffman is an amazing talent. This cast is terrific, and with this season, they have shown why Desperate Housewives is must see television.

Didn't realize that was Karen's house? Figured after looking for the cat, they went back into Karen's house but for some reason didn't have time to go to the basement. Doh, missed that one!

starseed1981 12-03-07 09:08 AM

Great episode. Saw Victor dying a mile away. Too bad, cause I thought he was awesome.

Red Dog 12-03-07 09:31 AM

Didn't care for this episode. Hardly any humor. I'm sick of the Mike addiction storyline. The minute you saw the $10M paperwork (with the comment to the effect that this is the only existing paperwork for it) with a tornado coming, you knew it would get blown away somehow. The Victor death was obviously coming, which sucks because it would have been cool to see that storyline continue particularly if Gabby and Carlos had no money to run away with.

I think the ending was pretty good though and ironically works well as a cliffhanger since I assume we won't be seeing any new episodes for months.