DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Amazing Race 12 -- "We've Really Burned Bridges, For Sure" -- 12/02/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/518929-amazing-race-12-weve-really-burned-bridges-sure-12-02-07-a.html)

LorenzoL 12-02-07 08:33 AM

The Amazing Race 12 -- "We've Really Burned Bridges, For Sure" -- 12/02/07

We've Really Burned Bridges, For Sure
Spoiler:
The remaining teams tackle the fifth leg of the race. Ronald, already nursing an injury, takes a spill at a Detour task involving stilts. Shana and Jennifer have a harrowing moment involving an oncoming bus.

First Aired: Sunday December 2, 2007

astrochimp 12-02-07 07:26 PM

Go Rachel!

astrochimp 12-02-07 07:55 PM

karma! :D

leeta 12-02-07 08:03 PM

Christina has the patience of a saint.

Keith6601 12-02-07 08:17 PM

Amazing what you can do without makeup. Next they'll be in commercials for a box you can watch moving pictures on.

What a shame they didn't get creamed by the bus. Not even a little bump.

cdollaz 12-02-07 09:06 PM

See ya bitches.

Merkin Muffley 12-02-07 09:20 PM

"86, 87, 88, 89, 100"

With comedy like that, who needs writers?

Red Dog 12-02-07 09:45 PM

That is one dysfunctional couple. :lol: I hope they make to the final episode because they are quite entertaining.

Winky 12-02-07 11:14 PM

Do you need to have the gnome to receive the travelocity award or is it a required task? What if you know that you will not be the first team to arrive at the pit stop, can you skip the gnome search there by saving some time?

While Christina has completed the still (sp?) task and waiting for Ron to finish, could see have gone and counted the fence poles, in case Ron cannot finish the task?

mwbmis 12-03-07 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Winky
Do you need to have the gnome to receive the travelocity award or is it a required task? What if you know that you will not be the first team to arrive at the pit stop, can you skip the gnome search there by saving some time?

While Christina has completed the still (sp?) task and waiting for Ron to finish, could see have gone and counted the fence poles, in case Ron cannot finish the task?

That's what I was wondering. If it was a possibility I sure wouldn't have just stood around.

Didn't like the blondes, and I'm glad they went home, but in a way it's disapointing because it gives the "karma police" more ammunition. Using the u-turn wasn't stupid; it was good racing. Creating a scene at the airport so the other teams wouldn't see your seat assignment...now that's stupid.

Chew 12-03-07 06:20 AM

You cannot be checked in without the gnome. Phil would've sent them back for one.

DJariya 12-03-07 09:15 AM

I really hated the blondes, they were ugly people all around. Makes me miss Dustin and Kandice even more.

Ronald was really pissing me off when he was ranting at Christina when they were buying airline tickets.

I don't get what the hell was up with all the bitching about the U-Turn. It's a game, deal with it.

Groucho 12-03-07 09:26 AM

There are a lot of hidden rules that we the viewer generally don't know about unless it changes the outcome of the game. For example, team members must be within a certain distance of each others at all times. I would suspect that there is some sort of rule that keeps team members from trying to hedge their bets and do two tasks at once.

Speaking of Ronald I have a question because the show hasn't made it clear. Does he have a hernia? Anybody know?

cdollaz 12-03-07 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho

Speaking of Ronald I have a question because the show hasn't made it clear. Does he have a hernia? Anybody know?

I've also been wondering if the pink-wearing couple are goths. They haven't made that clear yet.

DJariya 12-03-07 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by cdollaz
I've also been wondering if the pink-wearing couple are goths. They haven't made that clear yet.

I thought the show made that perfectly clear that Kynt and Vyksin were dating Goths.

Yes, Ronald does have a hernia.....he's made several references to the hernia acting up.

Groucho 12-03-07 09:41 AM

Thanks, DJariya. Another, tougher question, that maybe you can answer: what color was the hair of the team that was eliminated last night (Shana and Jennifer)?

DJariya 12-03-07 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho
Thanks, DJariya & Double_Oh_7. Another, tougher question, that maybe you can answer: what color was the hair of the team that was eliminated last night (Shana and Jennifer)?

Okay you were being sarcastic in your 1st question...ha ha ha.

magiccmom 12-03-07 10:07 AM

I would have never imagined that you could run this race without mani's and pedi's. Wow, they truly are amazing racers. Edit..."were amazing racers."

BDB 12-03-07 10:20 AM

No loss last night, I didn't mind the blondes, and I still don't have a favourite team.

magiccmom 12-03-07 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
No loss last night, I didn't mind the blondes, and I still don't have a favourite team.

I think that is what is missing this year...A really dynamic team...I think I'm rooting for TK and Rachel...maybe their laid back attitude will prevail? They just seem to have the best relationship, but they are not very exciting to watch.

nateman 12-03-07 12:13 PM

I'm glad those ugly blonde bitches (Shana & Jennifer) are gone. I know their isn't any non-elimination legs this season, but Phil's "pause for dramatic effect" bit had me a little worried that they weren't going to be eliminated from the race.

Nicholas & Donald were very close too getting eliminated this week. Glad they didn't come in last.

I want either Nicholas & Donald or TK & Rachel (she's smokin' :drool: ) to win the race.

BDB 12-03-07 12:44 PM

I did like how TK found a fellow hippie to help him out in Vilnius

cdollaz 12-03-07 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
I did like how TK found a fellow hippie to help him out in Vilnius

I noticed that also. Funny stuff.

LorenzoL 12-03-07 01:49 PM

WTF is a "fossilization of carriers"?

I'm glad to see the blondes were eliminated from the race.

Jim 12-03-07 02:54 PM

As Shana and Jennifer were being eliminated they reminded me of the Godlewski sisters from the Family Edition.