Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Journeyman Fans Rejoice!! 12th Episode WILL AIR!!!

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 11-29-07, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Another show saved by online petition apparently:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34919&upsid=262696824636

Journeyman Fans--

NBC has decided to air the 12th episode ("Perfidia") on Wednesday, December 19th at ten o'clock. That means our 10th episode will air on Monday the 10th ("Home by Another Way"), the 11th will air on 17th ("The Hanged Man").

The decision to air the 12th episode had a lot to do with the passion of our fans through SaveJourneyman.net, the online petition and letters and emails to NBC executives.

And is it true you can vote once a day for the People's Choice Awards?

There's still no news on our long term future, but we can promise you this: three terrific episodes inside of ten days. Oh, yeah, and you'll get some answers, too.

Your comments and pro-active attempts to save the show are very much appreciated by me and my fellow Executive Producer Alex Graves, Kevin McKidd and the cast, writers and crew. But more importantly, it's working.

But don't rest. We need you. We want a back nine--and beyond.

Thanks again,

Kevin Falls
Old 11-29-07, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While nice news, I'd only use words like Rejoice and saved if it was picked up for at least the rest of a full season.
Old 11-29-07, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean
While nice news, I'd only use words like Rejoice and saved if it was picked up for at least the rest of a full season.
Small victories my friend. This 12th ep. is supposed to really answer some of the big questions about the series so far, and is the endcap of a two-parter. I'm glad that NBC will at least give us some closure.
Old 11-29-07, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Small victories my friend. This 12th ep. is supposed to really answer some of the big questions about the series so far, and is the endcap of a two-parter. I'm glad that NBC will at least give us some closure.
Nice love this show.
Old 11-29-07, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean
Exactly, though I am happy.
Old 11-29-07, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Rejoice? Eh....I'm pleased, but the rejoicing only comes when the WGA strike is over, and it gets picked up for the rest of the year.

We need enough episodes to get to the inevitable Ray Stevenson guest role.
Old 11-29-07, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 405 Likes on 304 Posts
Okay there appears to be some confusion with how many episodes are left.

According to this press release and episode guide from the futon critic, there are actually 3 episodes left and the final episode will be episode 13, not 12.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=7510

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- NBC is bringing back "The Singing Bee" while newcomer "Journeyman" will wrap its 13-episode run with a pair of episodes during the week of December 17.

Both developments, confirmed via listings updates this afternoon, come as the Peacock prepares to unveil its January lineup.

As for specifics, "Journeyman" will air its 12th and 13th installments on Monday, December 17 and Wednesday, December 19 at 10:00/9:00c respectively, leading out of two-hour episodes of "Clash of the Choirs" on both nights.

NBC has yet to commit to any episodes beyond its initial 13-episode order despite asking for three additional scripts last month.
So this the remaining schedule for Journeyman. Blowback which just aired was episode 10.

12/19/07 (We.) 10:00 PM NBC (#113) PERFIDIA
12/17/07 (Mo.) 10:00 PM NBC (#112) THE HANGED MAN
12/10/07 (Mo.) 10:00 PM NBC (#111) HOME BY ANOTHER WAY
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showat...&view=listings
Old 11-29-07, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
Okay there appears to be some confusion with how many episodes are left.

According to this press release and episode guide from the futon critic, there are actually 3 episodes left and the final episode will be episode 13, not 12.
Thank you for posting this, as it's been annoying me. I'm not sure how they got the episode number wrong, as "Emily" was the ninth episode, and "Blowback" the tenth. Unless they're combining them because it was a two parter, but it still doesn't make sense.

I mentioned this in the Journeyman "Blowback" thread, but it's worth saying again:

The guys at Television Without Pity are planning to show their support by purchasing the latest episode "Blowback" on iTunes at 10pm this Monday, December 3rd in an effort to get it into the weekly top 10. I'll be doing this, too.

It's $1.99 for one episode or $19.90 for the whole season (including future episodes).

Originally Posted by cagewench
As a heads up, many of us are planning to download "Blowback" via iTunes on Monday, December 3, at 10 pm in whatever time zone we are, and this was suggested by a poster on Television Without Pity (www.televisionwithoutpity.com) who goes by the moniker of sdpaperboy. It's on page 110 of the Journeyman thread, which can be found in Forums --- > Other shows --- > Sci-Fi.
If you don't have iTunes or don't want to purchase the episode, they're also planning to watch "Blowback" at NBC.com this coming Monday at 10PM when they're airing Life instead. The thought is that if enough people do this for NBC to notice a spike in their logs, we might get the network’s attention.

Personally, I'll be doing both. I'll buy the episode and watch it at NBC.com. Go Journeyman!!
Old 11-30-07, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I wonder if Kevin Falls doesn't count the first episode (assuming it was the pilot) when counting episodes.
Old 11-30-07, 05:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't get why people had to fight to get these episodes aired anyway. With the strike, aren't the networks desperate for content?
Old 11-30-07, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Rejoice? Eh....I'm pleased, but the rejoicing only comes when the WGA strike is over, and it gets picked up for the rest of the year.
If it wasn't for the WGA strike, this would have been canceled already.

re: Episode numbering. The confusion stems from whether the pilot can be considered episode 0 or episode 1. I take no position on this, but clearly, the thread title is wrong since either way, it's the 13th episode.
Old 11-30-07, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DJariya

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showat...&view=listings
Okay thanks for that. That makes MUCH more sense when they're talking about "the back 9"! 22 episodes makes more sense that 21!

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Originally Posted by mwbmis
If it wasn't for the WGA strike, this would have been canceled already.
Somewhat agree. Again, if the WGA strike continues and ends up terminating the remainder of the TV season, that is the best case scenario for struggling shows. Journeyman would automatically get a second season simply because the strike has prevented new shows from getting written to present for a pilot/series - leaving networks with nothing new to REPLACE shows they may normally have cancelled. Little bit of a catch-22. The strike has to last just long enough.

Still good news. I am excited to at least see what was in the can in its entirety - especially if several reveals are in store!
Old 11-30-07, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I love Journeyman and don't want it to go anywhere. I'm glad we're getting this episode but come on NBC, start reairing the series from the start when this run is over (if the strike continues) and get more viewers into the show - then when the strike is done and you renew the show (do it NBC - or else!) you'll have a larger audience... everyone, spread the word!
Old 11-30-07, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by boredsilly
I don't get why people had to fight to get these episodes aired anyway. With the strike, aren't the networks desperate for content?
The problem is that, while they are desperate for content, the ratings for this show are poor. Writers or not, this is still a ratings game. They can air much cheaper stuff in that slot and do better.