Erik
14.29%
Gravedigger
0%
Peih-Gee
71.43%
Todd
0%
We know there's a twist this week...two people voted out?
14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: China - 11/29/07

Old 11-30-07, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm really sad James got kicked off, but give him a ton of credit for not crying sour grapes and admitting he just rolled the dice one to many times. To me it wasn't so much he wasn't a smart player, but more he just was way to nice of a guy, and to loyal to his alliance. It's just not Where others have less of a problem to cheat and lie which is part of the game.

I have no real interest now, and will be happy as long as Todd or the super skinny girl don't win. Although I think Todd is playing a game, I think he's far to full of himself.

I'm hoping the Mullet Lady or Erik win at this point. I liked the @ss blur girl until she was the pushing to get rid of James from the beginning.

On the first few seasons couldn't you use the hidden idols after the votes were counted? I always think that makes way more sense, but then again it prob makes them a little to powerful thus the reason for adding the element of chance to using it for no reason by the producers.
Old 11-30-07, 10:54 AM
Banned

Anyone gonna talk about Peih-Gee winning the reward challenge?

Eh, the only Chinese contestant winning a challenge where all of the questions are about Chinese culture...? Eh, a little slanted toward her...? Eh, little bit..? Just a, a little bit...? Ya think...? Maybe...? Eh..?
Old 11-30-07, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness

Eh, the only Chinese contestant winning a challenge where all of the questions are about Chinese culture...? Eh, a little slanted toward her...? Eh, little bit..? Just a, a little bit...? Ya think...? Maybe...? Eh..?
I was thinking the exact same thing. Who was the genius that thought of that as a reward challenge? It seems like these challenges are getting more and more slanted to help a particular person. One thing I always hate about the merge, the physical challenges pretty much disappear, taking away a lot of viewing enjoyment for me.
Old 11-30-07, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MrE
Now that James outed himself, I want the hardest-working gal there to win -- PG. Nobody likes here and she's in an alliance of one ... but still stays in the game. You gotta love that!
She stays in the game simply because, in the short-term, it makes more sense to get someone else out. She has done and said a ton of stupid crap during the season so she definitely isn't deserving of winning. Actually, I can't think of one good move she has made all season. Every week, she tried to come up with some stupid, wild-ass plan that had no chance of working. Every time it involved getting James to join her side. She was clueless to not recognize that there was no chance in hell he was going to join her side.

Last edited by cdollaz; 11-30-07 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-30-07, 11:26 AM

Yeah, slanted like her eyes. Am I right guys...? Guys? Can I get a rimshot... maybe?
Old 11-30-07, 02:00 PM

Sad to see James get voted off, I wanted him to win the $1 million. It was pretty stupid of him not to use the idol, however.

I hope either Denise or Todd wins it now. I want Denise to win because she deserves it, IMO and her whole life she's been the "always picked last" girl. I want Todd to win because he's a smart player and finds most of the other people left in the game "annoying".

Courtney and Peih-Gree better be the next ones out.
Old 11-30-07, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

At first, that is how I felt but if you think about, the only culture question is the last one, the red envelope. Amanda is fucking dumb for thinking Shanghai is the capital of China. You learn that shit in History class in school.
Old 11-30-07, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I wanted James to win.

Now, I wouldn't mind Amanda winning.
Old 11-30-07, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by zuffy
At first, that is how I felt but if you think about, the only culture question is the last one, the red envelope. Amanda is fucking dumb for thinking Shanghai is the capital of China. You learn that shit in History class in school.

All the questions were simple stuff, you either should have learned in school, or could deduce. It was more about PG being smart, than it was about her having a Chinese ancestry.

A red envelope for a death notice? Money was the only answer that seemed logical.

Seems having a question challenge about native culture or history is pretty common for the series. Part of why I like Survivor is that they do put some of the focus on the local culture or area.
Old 11-30-07, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just finished this episode.

I am sorry to see James go. I kliked him - and not just because I am from Louisiana. I am shocked that he did not win any individual challanges.

I miss the water challanges that we normally have on beach locations, but they have gotten creative for the challanges.

I got all the questions right, in the suprise reward challange, I want my prize too. That temple reward looked great.

Now I guess I will root for Denise or Courtney (complete opposites).

Old 11-30-07, 10:43 PM

pg knew that the james' tribe had turned on him, WHY didn't she tell him. He would have played the idol and stayed, then the real fun would have started.
Old 11-30-07, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

PG would rather compete against Todd than James just because they all fear James' athletic advantages in immunity challenges, even though the individual immunity challenges have been athletic enough so that James could dominate in any of them (and he never did win an individual immunity challenge).
Old 11-30-07, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jason978
pg knew that the james' tribe had turned on him, WHY didn't she tell him. He would have played the idol and stayed, then the real fun would have started.
I agree. PG seems to be taking this a day at a time and not looking at the big picture. If she had told James then she could have gotten James and Erik to vote Todd, thus eliminating Todd since James would have used the HII. Now she could have had the power to position James to jump to her group making it Erik, PG and James vs. Courtney and Amanda with the swing vote Denise. We all know that Denise loves the Black Mamba and would be willing to vote along with James.

Granted, PG still wouldn't be in a great situation with James still having a HII but this scenario would have worked best for her. I think shes delusional if she thinks she can snake her way into the top 4 with the set up they have now.

I agree with the poster that said James should have just given the HII to Erik on his way out. Now that would have been fun to watch.
Old 11-30-07, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jason978
No SHIT! God, she would have gained James as an ally, and gotten rid of Todd. Amanda was an idiot to even hint towards it, and it could have really fucked them if PG weren't to stupid to realize a golden opportunity. Don't get me wrong, I hate PG, but if she would've warned James he would've been in the top 3 I'm pretty sure.
Old 12-01-07, 03:44 AM

Denise was so happy on that reward, I loved it. I really like her.

I'm liking Todd less and less. He seems very... twitchy. He's freaking out too much and it's driving me nuts. I'm liking Amanda more. She's very level-headed and she's really thinking everything through- at the same time, everybody still likes her. I think she'll win.

Courtney or Peh-Gee (however you spell it) can go anytime. I like Eric, but I have completely neutral feelings about him winning.

I was okay with James going home. There were only a handful of times coming up where he was even going to have the opportunity to use them and I can't help but think that he would have been able to win at least one immunity. You'd have thunk it, right?

Games playing out okay for me... I'm enjoying this season.
Old 12-01-07, 12:02 PM

If PG had told James, he wouldn't have been able to keep it quiet and gone and talked (freaked on) to his teammates, IMO.
Old 12-01-07, 01:21 PM

I agree. She would have sealed her fate.
Old 12-01-07, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by solipsta
If PG had told James, he wouldn't have been able to keep it quiet and gone and talked (freaked on) to his teammates, IMO.
Probably. He had a problem running his mouth the entire season.
Old 12-02-07, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Possibly. James was indeed loyal to his alliance. A lot of things could have went wrong if PG told James what was going on. It could have led to her being voted out that night. However, if things had gone the right way she would have been a serious final 3 contender.

No risk, No reward.
Old 12-02-07, 08:12 PM

Did James bring both HIIs to Tribal Council, or did he only take one? If someone finds the other one, can they keep it? For that matter, could someone have stolen them from him at any time?
Old 12-02-07, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did James bring both HIIs to Tribal Council, or did he only take one? If someone finds the other one, can they keep it? For that matter, could someone have stolen them from him at any time?
At the post-interview thing after next weeks previews, he showed both Idols.
Old 12-03-07, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by SpaceBoy
I'm really sad James got kicked off, but give him a ton of credit for not crying sour grapes and admitting he just rolled the dice one to many times.
If you notice closely, his closing interview was shot the next day during daytime (the TC is after dark, his interview background is daylight.) The word out there is, he was so pissed by his sudden departure, his post-interview was not fit for broadcasting. He had to be cooled off and interviewed the next day.
Old 12-03-07, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I would be happy if Todd, Amanda, or Denise won. Out of the three I like Denise the best. She seems like a nice gal.
Old 12-03-07, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I hate the way they are doing the HII now, they need to go back to where the person presents it, AFTER the votes are tallied - really give the HII some teeth and screw over some double crosses. I would have loved to see PG and Todd do a tie breaker, with PG having the edge over him in every way, except possibly bitchiness and pouring drinks from 2oz bottles.
Old 12-03-07, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

James is probably the stupidest and most naive Survivor contestant ever. Like he said in his closing remarks, he rolled the dice way too many times.

I'm really not sure who I want to win this thing. This season is ranking slightly better than that Vanuatu mess from a few years ago.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.