DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Bionic Woman--"Do Not Disturb"--11/28/07--Possible Series Finale? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/518594-bionic-woman-do-not-disturb-11-28-07-possible-series-finale.html)

DJariya 11-28-07 11:37 AM

Bionic Woman--"Do Not Disturb"--11/28/07--Possible Series Finale?

This is the final produced episode of Bionic Woman and possibly the final episode of the series. I'm not spoilerizing the summary since it doesn't really tell anything.

Synopsis:
Jaime's spa vacation with Becca is disrupted by a dangerous cat-and-mouse game with another guest.

rfduncan 11-28-07 12:08 PM

Well if I had to choose one, since both Chuck and Life are safe, I'd choose this show for the axe over Journeyman any day. Sorry - I like it well enough, but it ain't "must see" TV for me.

Jadzia 11-28-07 12:34 PM

I think this show's season was in reverse. They should have started with Jaime thinking she was the first Bionic Woman yada yada, and once she has started to come to terms with that, towards the latter part of the season she should have discovered Sarah Corvis and had it lead up to a big battle with her.

I really thought this series blew their load in the pilot and rushed through a lot of things that should have been set up better. Finding out there was an earlier, failed prototype Bionic Woman should have been a key plot point for the season. That would have been a huge shocker but instead they led the show off with it.

JuryDuty 11-28-07 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I think this show's season was in reverse. They should have started with Jaime thinking she was the first Bionic Woman yada yada, and once she has started to come to terms with that, towards the latter part of the season she should have discovered Sarah Corvis and had it lead up to a big battle with her.

I really thought this series blew their load in the pilot and rushed through a lot of things that should have been set up better. Finding out there was an earlier, failed prototype Bionic Woman should have been a key plot point for the season. That would have been a huge shocker but instead they led the show off with it.

100% agree.

I also agree that Journeyman is the much better show--here's hoping it lives! :)

DVD Josh 11-28-07 12:58 PM

I could only make it through three episodes before giving it up. The dialouge and acting were horrible, and the script made very little sense. I really did have high hopes for this one. Let's hope NBC gets it more right with Knight Rider.

cornflakeguy 11-28-07 01:06 PM

I had high hopes, as a BSG fan.

And a fan of all things bionic.

But even I just let this show fall by the wayside. An ongoing WoW fetish takes up most nights and I felt I could let this 1 hour drama go.

If anything comes out of it I can always get the DVD set.

Ranger 11-28-07 01:50 PM

Right now, I think all the new NBC shows are crap, and I wouldn't lose any sleep if they were all cancelled.

Moonlight is the only new show I really enjoy and hope it will be a keeper.

wendersfan 11-28-07 01:53 PM

Well, I'd miss it. :sad:

But not a lot. :shrug:

starseed1981 11-28-07 02:12 PM

In addition to lacking in the story deparment I'd have to add that the female lead is horrendous. I know she's young but seriously, to put a sci-fi series, and an expensive one at that, on the shoulders of someone with the charisma of a peanut was a serious mistake. I won't weep when this is announced to be axed this Friday.

JuryDuty 11-28-07 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by starseed1981
In addition to lacking in the story deparment I'd have to add that the female lead is horrendous. I know she's young but seriously, to put a sci-fi series, and an expensive one at that, on the shoulders of someone with the charisma of a peanut was a serious mistake. I won't weep when this is announced to be axed this Friday.

Interesting you say this, because this has been my main challenge with the show. I find the "first" bionic woman a much more convincing character than the new Jamie. I think they would have been better off giving them each others roles. I think they tried to make Jamie be like Sydney Bristow, but she can't carry the role the way someone like Jennifer Garner could.

cornflakeguy 11-28-07 03:39 PM

I agree. Katee Sackhoff is much more interesting an actress and better choice for the lead in Bionic Woman. She makes a great first, failing Woman.

I wish the lead Woman had the chops Katee does.

immortal_zeus 11-28-07 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by starseed1981

Totally agree.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2..._zeus/zeus.gif

Patman 11-28-07 09:12 PM

Well, that was a pretty uninspired episode to go out on, if the show doesn't return.

Rogue588 11-29-07 04:02 AM

If this show never returned (or if my girlfriend never wanted to watch it again), i'll be content learning these words of wisdom:

"A briefcase is never just a briefcase."

hahn 11-29-07 04:14 AM

Pretty actress. Too bad she's not a very good one. Though I'll admit that the writers played their part too.

Charlie Goose 11-29-07 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by wendersfan
Well, I'd miss it. :sad:

But not a lot. :shrug:

Yeah, same here. I'd get over it quickly.

DJariya 11-29-07 09:05 AM

I thought it was a pretty good episode, but definitely not a "Series Finale" type to go out on. The episode was fast paced and the action sequences were pretty decent.

I don't know why most people hate Michelle Ryan so much. I really like her and if this show doesn't return, I hope she gets another opportunity here in the States whether in TV or Film. But, I think she should seek a supporting role 1st and gain a little more credibility as an actress.

Vipper II 11-29-07 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya
I don't know why most people hate Michelle Ryan so much. I really like her and if this show doesn't return, I hope she gets another opportunity here in the States whether in TV or Film. But, I think she should seek a supporting role 1st and gain a little more credibility as an actress.

I don't have a problem with her; however, I don't think she's a strong enough actress to overcome poor writing.

DRG 11-29-07 10:24 AM

I wish they'd just let the actress keep her British accent. I thought the episode where she 'faked' the accent as a student was probably her best, performance and charisma-wise.

Son-volt 11-29-07 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by DRG
I wish they'd just let the actress keep her British accent. I thought the episode where she 'faked' the accent as a student was probably her best, performance and charisma-wise.

100% in agreement, she was a ton more charismatic in that episode.

TheKing 11-29-07 04:58 PM

The backstage problems on the show were obvious in the episodes. Poor writing, bad creative decisions, no consistency in the story line, other than constant failure. I watched every episode, but I sure won't miss it. It was kinda fun watching a train wreck though...

DJariya 11-29-07 05:06 PM

When Glen Morgan quit as showrunner, then you had to figure something was seriously wrong creatively with the show that even he couldn't fix.

Giantrobo 11-29-07 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by DRG

Agreed. But even with that I still like "Jamie" and the show and i would hate to see it go. I mean I can see why many here are half-assed about it. But I just enjoy it for what it is. It's no worse than any number of other shows that are on right now.
--

I liked tonight's ep. BTW, did anyone else think that Jonas was joking when he said to put the guy on ice with air fresheners..and then they cut to here doing it? :lol:

Ayre 11-29-07 07:02 PM

This was the first episode I actually enjoyed.

cranberries fan 11-30-07 12:03 AM

I hope it is the end of this show.

Long-Live the best jamie Lindsay Wagner the REAL Bionic Woman!!