DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   House -- "Games" -- 11/27/2007 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/518504-house-games-11-27-2007-a.html)

rfduncan 11-27-07 02:44 PM

House -- "Games" -- 11/27/2007

Synopsis:
Spoiler:
Under Cuddy’s pressure to choose his team, House gives the candidates a case of a former punk rock star who is a drug user. Whoever diagnoses the patient is going to have a future as a member of House’s team.

Is this entire season going to be spent choosing the new staff? At least we seem to be coming to the end of it as there are only four left...

DJariya 11-27-07 05:22 PM

I actually like Cutthroat Bitch and hope House chooses her in the final 3 over the plastic surgeon.

grenier 11-27-07 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Is this entire season going to be spent choosing the new staff? At least we seem to be coming to the end of it as there are only four left...

The previews for tonight's show said that the team will finally be picked.

wergo 11-27-07 09:35 PM

I was hoping for Bitch and 13. Now I'm only half happy.

I loved the seizure-inducing record, though. Almost sounded like vintage Merzbow. I found it somewhat amusing that he played it on his ultra-expensive Sota deck, but played the soft acoustic guitar record (was that a 7" 33RPM?) on a cheap library portable player. Either his priorities are better than I thought, or he really damaged his (Koetsu?) cartridge when he scratched it across the record when he was angry at Wilson.

Some people come for the medicine, I'm all about the audiophilia.

B.A. 11-27-07 09:43 PM

Glad to see 13 is still around.

hdtv00 11-27-07 11:31 PM

Can someone explain the very end to me, with house and cutty, and how she said he planned this all along. Damn neighbor came over and I missed that whole last conversation...

TheKing 11-28-07 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by hdtv00
Can someone explain the very end to me, with house and cutty, and how she said he planned this all along. Damn neighbor came over and I missed that whole last conversation...

House hired the two guys knowing that Cutty would insist on him hiring a woman. When House had asked for her advice earlier, she suggested him keeping the men, thinking he'd go against her advice. He didn't, so he only had to fire one instead of two.

Patman 11-28-07 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by hdtv00

House didn't want to lose Taub and Cutner, so he fired CTB and 13, knowing that Cuddy wouldn't let him have an all-male team, so he was expecting Cuddy to come back to him and make him hire one of the female docs, and she told House to hire the one who cares, which was 13. So House got pretty much everything he wanted for a new team, even though it means Cuddy has to foot the bill for the extra doctor on the House team.

Jeremy517 11-28-07 12:44 AM

I wish he could have fired Foreman instead of CTB. Foreman has never been a good character, and now he's even worse.

fumanstan 11-28-07 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Patman
House didn't want to lose Taub and Cutner, so he fired CTB and 13, knowing that Cuddy wouldn't let him have an all-male team, so he was expecting Cuddy to come back to him and make him hire one of the female docs, and she told House to hire the one who cares, which was 13. So House got pretty much everything he wanted for a new team, even though it means Cuddy has to foot the bill for the extra doctor on the House team.

Yeah, and remember Cuddy and House's conversation about how he wanted to keep all 4 and the joke about how he wanted 3 1/2 people on his team as a compromise.

Anyway, good episode and I was shocked at first when House fired 13. I wanted her and Kutner to stay... don't really care for Taub at all. The preview for January seemed interesting... aren't there only a few more episodes that have been shot?

Chew 11-28-07 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
aren't there only a few more episodes that have been shot?

This week's TVGuide "guessed" there should be 3 left after last night's.

Giles 11-28-07 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Yeah, and remember Cuddy and House's conversation about how he wanted to keep all 4 and the joke about how he wanted 3 1/2 people on his team as a compromise.

Anyway, good episode and I was shocked at first when House fired 13. I wanted her and Kutner to stay... don't really care for Taub at all. The preview for January seemed interesting... aren't there only a few more episodes that have been shot?

oh I don't know, I'm glad Taub did stay I like him... the 'three' are perfect in my opinion.

boredsilly 11-28-07 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
I wish he could have fired Foreman instead of CTB. Foreman has never been a good character, and now he's even worse.

I agree. Foreman has always been a little lame, but he was good when he was still a "rookie" and playing off of Chase and Cameron. Now, in his elder statesman role, he's just incredibly boring. You get the idea that running for House is beneath him, impressing House isn't of interest to him, but he can't act on his own because he's still under House's thumb. So what's his point?

Gizmo 11-28-07 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by boredsilly
I agree. Foreman has always been a little lame, but he was good when he was still a "rookie" and playing off of Chase and Cameron. Now, in his elder statesman role, he's just incredibly boring. You get the idea that running for House is beneath him, impressing House isn't of interest to him, but he can't act on his own because he's still under House's thumb. So what's his point?

IMO, eventually he and Cameron and Chase will form their own team. Otherwise why is Cameron and Chase still around? They add nothing to the show, same with Foreman.

Patman 11-28-07 10:48 AM

I'm guessing that Foreman, Chase, Cam will finally leave the show at the end of this "season" (writer's strike, notwithstanding). The cast is getting a little too large, even with the new team finally established.

CPA-ESQ. 11-28-07 10:53 AM

Yeah - the old cast is like scabs now - They served their purpose in helping the audience get healed during the restructuring, but now that there is new skin - I just can't wait for them to fall off.

Patman 11-28-07 10:54 AM

I am glad that Olivia Wilde made the cast because she deserves a weekly show, plus she's easy on the eyes.

kvrdave 11-28-07 11:06 AM

I don't find Kumar to be very exciting, nor the plastic surgeon. But I am also glad that CTB is gone. Also agree that Foreman is more of a pain in the ass, worthless character now. Glad 13 is there, though.

DJariya 11-28-07 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Chew
This week's TVGuide "guessed" there should be 3 left after last night's.

One of those episodes is the post-Super Bowl special with Mira Sorvino as a guest star, which won't air until February 3. So essentially there is really only 2 more episodes left for the time being. Lots and Lots of repeats ahead.

Timber 11-28-07 12:07 PM

See, Foreman has always been my favorite of his staff. I like that fact that he's not intimidated by House and secretly wants to be just like House. I liked how Cameron commented on him not wearing a lab coat just like House.

Chase is a dullard and the only thing Cameron has going for her is that she's hot.

johnnysd 11-28-07 12:40 PM

I liked the subtle context last night that House actually does care what happens to his patients which ultimately makes him completely different than CTB.

Count Dooku 11-28-07 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
Yeah - the old cast is like scabs now - They served their purpose in helping the audience get healed during the restructuring, but now that there is new skin - I just can't wait for them to fall off.

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/5...son010jah3.jpghttp://www.koolweb.it/up_img/news/Je...rrison%204.jpg

How dare you compare my girlfriend Jenny to a scab!!

porieux 11-28-07 06:20 PM

Terrible episode. They couldn't sedate the patient for an MRA but it was ok to put him into general anaesthesia and do open heart surgery? Ridiculous. Also there was no reason for the brain biopsy either, what is the treatment for measles that is more dangerous than cutting into someone's brain?? The Wilson side story was laughable as well.

It's simply not believable that he wouldn't have fired that Kuttner goofball weeks ago, never mind that there is absolutely no way he would have wanted to hire him. The guy is a dolt and has contributed nothing worthwhile.

This episode was down there with the first episode of season 4 for me, which was also awful. Good thing there were some good moments otherwise this season.

Shazam 11-28-07 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by porieux
Terrible episode. They couldn't sedate the patient for an MRA but it was ok to put him into general anaesthesia and do open heart surgery? Ridiculous. Also there was no reason for the brain biopsy either, what is the treatment for measles that is more dangerous than cutting into someone's brain?? The Wilson side story was laughable as well.

It's simply not believable that he wouldn't have fired that Kuttner goofball weeks ago, never mind that there is absolutely no way he would have wanted to hire him. The guy is a dolt and has contributed nothing worthwhile.

This episode was down there with the first episode of season 4 for me, which was also awful. Good thing there were some good moments otherwise this season.

Most of the medicine on the show is complete garbage, but hey, I watch hoping that we see 13 and Cameron in a lesbian love scene.

porieux 11-28-07 06:36 PM

Heheh. The medicine isn't usually this bad though, although the one where they gave the guy the lobotomy was probably worse.