Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Journeyman--"Blowback"--11/26/07

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-07, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
I read that McKidd re-located his family from Europe to LA to do this show and it looks like he may have to move back.
Which he'd less likely be consider for if he'd not moved to Los Angeles. I'm certain his move may have been encouraged by being cast in Journeyman, but it was hardly the only reason to be in L.A. Moving BACK be a more foolish move... doubt he'd expect to be hearing rumors like this living in Europe:

Originally Posted by MrE
McKidd is rumored to be the lead for THOR.
Old 11-28-07, 04:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JOURNEYMAN* [UPDATED]
Air Date: Monday, December 10, 2007
Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on NBC
Episode Title: (#111) "HOME BY ANOTHER WAY"

VIEW ALL LISTINGS FOR JOURNEYMAN

[NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler:
"JOURNEYMAN"

"HOME BY ANOTHER WAY"

12/10/2007 (10:00PM - 10:59PM) (Monday) : HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS-JOHN ANISTON ("Days of Our Lives") GUEST STARS--Layoffs hit Dan's (Kevin McKidd) office on Christmas eve and he is forced to travel back in time to save the newspaper. At home, Katie (Gretchen Egolf) trys to enjoy the holidays but struggles to get her traumatizing experience out of her head. While Dan is traveling he discovers a new secret about Livia (Moon Bloodgood). Meanwhile, Jack (Reed Diamond) and Theresa get some unexpected news. Brian Howe and Charles Henry Wyson also star.

Also, right here Futon Critic has this listed:

12/17/07 (Mo.) 10:00 PM NBC (#112) THE HANGED MAN (*)

I'm wondering if this is set in stone yet or not?

Chris
Old 11-28-07, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 206 Posts
I feel sort of bad that the FBI guy got killed. He seemed to be interested in the powers, and if he were alive, we could have had a good team-up between him, Dan and his brother.

Edit: Great news! The finale will air!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34908

Last edited by bluetoast; 11-28-07 at 09:03 PM.
Old 11-29-07, 07:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/node/34919"

Journeyman Fans--

NBC has decided to air the 12th episode ("Perfidia") on Wednesday, December 19th at ten o'clock. That means our 10th episode will air on Monday the 10th ("Home by Another Way"), the 11th will air on 17th ("The Hanged Man").

The decision to air the 12th episode had a lot to do with the passion of our fans through SaveJourneyman.net, the online petition and letters and emails to NBC executives.

And is it true you can vote once a day for the People's Choice Awards?

There's still no news on our long term future, but we can promise you this: three terrific episodes inside of ten days. Oh, yeah, and you'll get some answers, too.

Your comments and pro-active attempts to save the show are very much appreciated by me and my fellow Executive Producer Alex Graves, Kevin McKidd and the cast, writers and crew. But more importantly, it's working.

But don't rest. We need you. We want a back nine--and beyond.

Thanks again,

Kevin Falls
Great news!!!!!!

But they seem to be missing an episode. The 10th episode was "Blowback" and just aired on November 26th. So "Home Another Way" (December 10th) is the 11th episode and "The Hanged Man" (December 17th) will be the 12th.

SaveJourneyman.net has a good idea:

I propose that every fan of Journeyman go to NBC.com sometime this coming Monday, December 3rd, and watch all of the full-length episodes available. I pick Monday because that’s when NBC has scheduled to show Life instead of Journeyman. Journeyman is scheduled to be back on in its regular slot on December 10th.

It definitely an interesting idea. If enough people do this for NBC to notice a spike in their logs, we might get the network’s attention.
I'll definitely be doing this!
Old 11-29-07, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bluetoast
I feel sort of bad that the FBI guy got killed. He seemed to be interested in the powers, and if he were alive, we could have had a good team-up between him, Dan and his brother.

Edit: Great news! The finale will air!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34908
Great news, but your link is wrong.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34919
Old 11-29-07, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Great news that episode 12 will hit air!

Even if the show doesn't get a full season, I'm happy to hear that we're at least getting to see all the final product.
Old 11-29-07, 01:09 PM

The guys at Television Without Pity are planning to show their support by purchasing the latest episode "Blowback" on iTunes at 10pm this Monday, December 3rd in an effort to get it into the weekly top 10. I'll be doing this, too.

It's $1.99 for one episode or $19.90 for the whole season (including future episodes).

Originally Posted by cagewench
As a heads up, many of us are planning to download "Blowback" via iTunes on Monday, December 3, at 10 pm in whatever time zone we are, and this was suggested by a poster on Television Without Pity (www.televisionwithoutpity.com) who goes by the moniker of sdpaperboy. It's on page 110 of the Journeyman thread, which can be found in Forums --- > Other shows --- > Sci-Fi.
Old 11-29-07, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Excellent news! Now here's hoping for the back 9...
Old 11-29-07, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 206 Posts
Originally Posted by johnglass
Great news, but your link is wrong.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34919
Whoops, I had a lot of tabs open, c/p'd the wrong one. >_>
Old 11-29-07, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
This is definitely GREAT news, and it'd be great too if the show would catch on and be given more of a chance...
Old 11-29-07, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's a start!
Old 11-29-07, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

NBC seems to have a fairly good record lately in sticking with shows, right? Friday Night Lights, The Office, and 30 Rock... granted their ratings in general have been poor, which probably leads them to have lower standards, but its still a good sign.
Old 11-30-07, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This was a great episode! Best yet...
Old 12-11-07, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts
I had to catch up, so I just watched the two-parter (on NBC.com ).

Quality episode!! I wasn't digging the first half all that much, but this second part really delivered. Great way to start the episode by having the guy barge in and shoot Dan on the spot! I was expecting the entire episode to be a hostage situation - very pleased with a different approach.

I was also surprised that his brother saw Livia. However, when the camera switched to Hughe's "vision", I thought she was gone...but when his brother went in the hall she was still there in the same spot and they got in the elevator. Did I miss something?

I'm also very interested in the fact that Dan and Livia actually discussed that her mission could have been to put Dan and Katie together! Talk about showing some intillectual development for your characters!

My thought is the FBI guy knew a lot more than he was letting on. It's like he practically spelled out that he knew there were others out there and that they need money. He also seemed to become obsessed over power and money. As you'll recall, this is the same warning that Elliot Langford gave Dan a few episodes back when they were talking about Dan's "book".

As somebody else said - if the show is canned I'd be okay with this serving as the series finale. With that in mind, I may wait to watch the next two until I hear more, otherwise I'm going to feel there is too much left unfinished (since they'll likely go further on screen with the next two).