DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Chuck -- "Chuck Versus The Nemesis" -- 11/26/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/518321-chuck-chuck-versus-nemesis-11-26-07-a.html)

LorenzoL 11-26-07 04:35 AM

Chuck -- "Chuck Versus The Nemesis" -- 11/26/07

"Chuck Versus the Nemesis"
Spoiler:
Chuck's nemesis Bryce Larkin has returned from the dead at this Thanksgiving time and secret forces have been wanting Bryce to get rid of the "intersect," which is Chuck's brain but Bryce has something he wants Chuck to do for him. Through all this trouble, Chuck is facing the busiest shopping day of the year at the Buy More.

First Aired: Monday November 26, 2007

Breakfast with Girls 11-26-07 11:27 AM

Who wrote that summary? I really hope it's not the official one. :lol:

DJariya 11-26-07 04:41 PM

Great news, NBC got their heads out of their asses and ordered a full season!!

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...Life/800028281

Life also got a full season.

Please strike end!!
-pray- -pray-

MadMark 11-26-07 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya

:banana: Great news for both shows

Super X 11-27-07 06:05 AM

Okay, PTB, let's get this writer's strike thing wrapped up so that we can actually get those back nine made for each of these shows!

brokenhanger 11-27-07 07:09 AM

Another excellent episode of what has slowly become my favorite new show of the season.

One of [the many] things I love about it is the excellent music selection used throughout. From Cake during the opening credits [and I'm not even a big Cake fan, but it totally warmed me to the show one I heard it] to the fantastic use of Pop Levi this week during the Black Friday shopping scene, someone is doing an excellent job behind the scenes. Hopefully that won't mess up the eventual DVD release..

Vipper II 11-27-07 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by brokenhanger
Hopefully that won't mess up the eventual DVD release..

With TV-on-DVD being so popular these days, I would hope studios are working out the music rights ahead of time.

B.A. 11-27-07 09:22 AM

The smirks/smiles Adam Baldwin throw in continually crack me up.

They need to continue the shots of Ellie's legs.

MrE 11-27-07 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya

A double shot of my baby's love!

starseed1981 11-27-07 10:45 AM

Sweet news. My one complaint is that the HD transfer still sucks.

Snowmaker 11-27-07 11:22 AM

This was one of the funnier episodes. Loved the whole Black Friday at the Buy More stuff.

And Chuck constantly trying to hide behind Sarah while she was circling Bryce with the gun was pretty funny too.

Judremy 11-27-07 11:45 AM

I have to agree that this episode was great. At first, I was fearing they were going to bring in Bryce to be the rival for Chuck, but it was actually handled quite well.

Next week looks to be great too. I don't watch the next time for Heroes, but I always watch it for Chuck because I don't want the episode to end. :(

kantonburg 11-27-07 11:55 AM

Yep. Easily my favorite new show. Along with Life.

:up: to both.

davidh777 11-27-07 12:04 PM

Dang, I just watched an episode last week for the first time and wanted to watch this week but my DVR flaked. Off to nbc.com or whatever

MadMark 11-27-07 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by brokenhanger
One of [the many] things I love about it is the excellent music selection used throughout. From Cake during the opening credits [and I'm not even a big Cake fan, but it totally warmed me to the show one I heard it] to the fantastic use of Pop Levi this week during the Black Friday shopping scene, someone is doing an excellent job behind the scenes. Hopefully that won't mess up the eventual DVD release..

That's Alexandra Patsavas, who's the music supervisor for the show. She's worked on all of Josh Schwartz's shows (The OC, Gossip Girl, and Chuck). Chuck, like The OC, is a Warner Brothers show and they didn't screw with the music on the OC DVD's, so hopefully that's a good sign.

Great episode. I'm glad they didn't drag out the "Bryce returns" story over multiple episodes. But they left the door open for a "shocking return" in the future.

Anna made green bean casserole with tartar sauce? :yack: I hope that was part of her "test" for Morgan.

mdc3000 11-27-07 03:06 PM

Excellent episode and I loved all of the Black Friday stuff... having worked at a Future Shop (canada's best buy like store) I laughed my ass off... so happy it got picked up, now end strike!

Shamus McAnally 11-27-07 08:43 PM

Loved this episode as well. My Mondays are packed full of viewing material, but this has overtaken everything else on top of the importance list.

As much as I'm not a Morgan fan, I loved at the end when Big Mike was yelling at him and the firefighter absolved him and he started polishing his badge.

Superman07 11-28-19 12:05 PM

Re: Chuck -- "Chuck Versus The Nemesis" -- 11/26/07

Yes I realize this is a 12 year bump (how has it been so long?! :( ), but wanted to bump in honor of Thanksgiving. I haven’t watched this every year, but I do try to play it every so many years because it’s such a great episode which takes place on Turkey day.*

Some really great parts still stand out:

Chuck and Bryce talking Klingon. :lol:

Chuck’s thankful speech at the table.

and of course pineapple!

*I feel like fewer and fewer shows have holiday themed episodes. I think in part because of the streaming/binge setup, and because many don’t know if they’ll be mid season replacements. You can’t really air a Halloween episode in April.

davidh777 11-28-19 12:14 PM

Re: Chuck -- "Chuck Versus The Nemesis" -- 11/26/07

Yeah, the loss of the traditional broadcast schedule has killed some of the seasonal episodes. B99 made an inside joke about it last season.

I try to watch Chuck vs Santa Claus every year, preferably double-counting with the comedy challenge.