TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dexter - "Resistance Is Futile" - 11/25/07

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-07, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Dexter - "Resistance Is Futile" - 11/25/07

Spoiler:
As Dexter tries to distance himself from Lila, he discovers she is not so willing to let go of their relationship. Meanwhile Lundy's manhunt for the Bay Harbor Butcher starts to make Dexter nervous as he tries to stay one step ahead. However, in the end it is Dexter's worst enemy who discovers his secret first.
Old 11-25-07, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 11-25-07, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are they ending the series with this season. I can't remember exactly what they said but they may it sound like there was only three episodes left, not only with the season but with the series. I really hope they keep the show going.
Old 11-25-07, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm pretty sure it's coming back next year.

What an intense ending and cliffhanger. I was right about Doakes taking the fall (for now) and Harry himself has said the number one rule is don't get caught.

I'm still not feeling the Lundy/Deb relationship (I'd rather have not seen his ass), but it atleast led to a funny scene of Deb spilling their beans.
Old 11-25-07, 09:33 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Fun episode tonight. Doakes taking the fall was no surprise...but was executed quite well.
Old 11-25-07, 09:54 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
That was a great episode. Loved it.

Loved Dexter in with Lundy's crew, and him asking what happens next!
Old 11-25-07, 11:03 PM
Banned

Incredible episode. What a great show
Old 11-26-07, 12:32 AM

This episode seemed short.. Can anyone confirm what the running time for this eppy was?
Old 11-26-07, 12:42 AM

I'm bias but I really think this is the best show on TV. Enough happens that each episode stands alone and is worth watching. Characters are fleshed out and, for the most part, their actions and things they say stay true to their characters.

I was curious if the slides included the last person Dex killed in the Everglades (can't recall his name but you know who I'm talking about). I remember him collecting the slide from him so I assume that it was in the box. Having Doakes follow him down to that area helps in that scenario.

I loved Angel's reaction to Deb telling Lundy that she was sleeping over - which also worked in Dex's favor because I was like, "What if Deb stays at Dexter's place and he isn't there?"

Did Doakes have a boat? Was it docked on one of the harbors they narrowed down? Why didn't he tell LaGuerta sp? about Dexter over the phone? She was obviously on his side.

There may be some small gaps here and there but there are very few compared to other shows especially considering the situation Dex finds himself in.
Old 11-26-07, 12:43 AM

My DVR only said 52 minutes and that included some previews...so yeah shortest one that I can recall.
Old 11-26-07, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

<my wife>Grossss!!!!</my wife>x3 ...commenting on Lundy and Deb's scene.

And yeah, my DVR also showed 52 mins. So it was like 50 pretty intense minutes.
Old 11-26-07, 07:05 AM

Last week's was also quite short - it ended around 9:48 if I recall. But what they pack in to those minutes is solid.

As far as Doakes not telling LaGuerta about Dexter over the phone, I think he's learned his lesson with her about pointing fingers at Dexter - hence his need for proof. If he once again tried to complain to her about Dex, he'd lose what little support he has left.

Kind of a slow episode, but some nice surprises and a fantastic set up for the last 3 of the season.
Old 11-26-07, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Interesting to see how this season is going to end... Just so much shit going on and the tension is pretty high. And yeah, no more ass shots of Lundy!
Old 11-26-07, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Dexter'd be a good poker player, even with all the pomp and circumstance that Lundy threw at him (I know the writing is to make it seem like Dexter got tagged by Lundy and his crew when they sat Dexter down at the police station), Dexter kept stringing it out, forcing them to reveal their hand until the Doakes reveal. Good stuff, though Dexter is going to have to make up a story as to how he shot by Doakes' gun way out of his apartment. Only 6.5 days to go for the next episode.
Old 11-26-07, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Awesome. This the brilliance we've been missing this season.
Old 11-26-07, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
Awesome. This the brilliance we've been missing this season.
Ive loved the entire season... except for those few seconds of Lundy's ass...
Old 11-26-07, 07:02 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Interesting that Doakes was already at the Cabin when he called LaGuearta. His broken phone is sure to be somewhere in the area...

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2007/1...al-photos.html

Some amazing screenshots from the next 3 episodes of Dexter...spoilers everywhere!

Last edited by Gizmo; 11-26-07 at 07:10 PM.
Old 11-26-07, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts
If Doakes gets convicted

Spoiler:
and provided he lives, don't forget that he will be a hero to a lot of people, maybe there will be some sort of pressure from a group of people to get him out, maybe they'll spring for a good lawyer. And also, you can bet that there will be scenes of him in jail next season, although better than Paul's, thinking of a way to get proof, probably calling his contacts, etc.
Old 11-26-07, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Interesting that Doakes was already at the Cabin when he called LaGuearta. His broken phone is sure to be somewhere in the area...

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2007/1...al-photos.html

Some amazing screenshots from the next 3 episodes of Dexter...spoilers everywhere!
Spoiler:
is that lila walking up to the everglades drug house?
Old 11-26-07, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 592 Posts
Amazing episode... fantastic show. Even though we can sometimes see where things are headed, it's executed so well that it almost feels like a surprise.

I'm still not convinced Doakes will take the fall, more thorough investigations would cast doubt on him being responsible. Dexter still has the sloppy bloodwork that got a suspect off, a past that can't be traced and the fact that his father was a cop with the ability to hide things, and the boat that's tied to that suspect marina (which Im not sure Doakes has).

It's looking more like Doakes will be killed off (not by Dexter though), since I can't see him accepting Dexter's "hobby" (and definitely not "working" with him).

I like that Maria immediately knew Doakes didn't do it... it wouldn't feel real if everyone accepted that Doakes was responsible.

It's taken a long time to get to this point, but for some reason I actually feel relief that someone else knows that Dexter is the BHB. It's one of those key moments in a show/movie/book when something hidden's finally been revealed to someone. It almost felt like it was never going to happen.

It's hell always waiting for the next episode of this great series.

Last edited by Coral; 11-26-07 at 08:57 PM.
Old 11-26-07, 09:07 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Coral
Amazing episode... fantastic show. Even though we can sometimes see where things are headed, it's executed so well that it almost feels like a surprise.

I'm still not convinced Doakes will take the fall, more thorough investigations would cast doubt on him being responsible. Dexter still has the sloppy bloodwork that got a suspect off, a past that can't be traced and the fact that his father was a cop with the ability to hide things, and the boat that's tied to that suspect marina (which Im not sure Doakes has).

It's looking more like Doakes will be killed off (not by Dexter though), since I can't see him accepting Dexter's "hobby" (and definitely not "working" with him).

I like that Maria immediately knew Doakes didn't do it... it wouldn't feel real if everyone accepted that Doakes was responsible.

It's taken a long time to get to this point, but for some reason I actually feel relief that someone else knows that Dexter is the BHB. It's one of those key moments in a show/movie/book when something hidden's finally been revealed to someone. It almost felt like it was never going to happen.

It's hell always waiting for the next episode of this great series.
I have a feeling Lila will make sure Doakes takes the fall for it.
Old 11-26-07, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by lewisb73
Ive loved the entire season... except for those few seconds of Lundy's ass...
It's not nearly as good as last season. Especially the stupid drug addiction plot line.
Old 11-26-07, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts
The drug addiction plotline was a direct result of the end of season 1.
Old 11-26-07, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by bluetoast
The drug addiction plotline was a direct result of the end of season 1.
I know, I watched it. I'm just saying it was somewhat unecessary. The entire Lila thing was ridiculous. It's only adding diversion from the real plot, the bay harbor butcher stuff.
Old 11-26-07, 10:32 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by beesonosu
I was curious if the slides included the last person Dex killed in the Everglades (can't recall his name but you know who I'm talking about). I remember him collecting the slide from him so I assume that it was in the box.
I don't think so. He never made it home that night since Rita called him, that's why he had to cut the clean up short.

Great episode this week.

Liked the look Lundy and Angel gave each other when Deb revealed Lundy and her were sleeping together.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.