TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race 12 -- "Let's Name Our Chicken Phil" -- 11/25/07

Old 11-25-07, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
The Amazing Race 12 -- "Let's Name Our Chicken Phil" -- 11/25/07

"Let's Name Our Chicken Phil"
Spoiler:
The remaining eight teams continue in the fourth leg of the race, and encounter chickens. Shana and Jennifer make a move that some teams consider controversial.

First Aired: Sunday November 25, 2007
Old 11-25-07, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hope something good happens tonight.Im kinda lukewarm on this race so far.
Old 11-25-07, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm feeling the same way too astrochimp. Just when I was warming up to the sisters, they get eliminated last week. Maybe one of the remaining teams could surprise me.
Old 11-25-07, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Make sure you pad tonight. Football will run well over and much of the country is effected since it is a CBS DH day.
Old 11-25-07, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The padding is going to take 45-60 minutes as Denver/Chicago go into Overtime today.
Old 11-25-07, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Unless you are in Canada and you won't be affected by the game going over.
Old 11-25-07, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk God

TAR will begin at 8:56 ET.
Old 11-25-07, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
Unless you are in Canada and you won't be affected by the game going over.
Old 11-25-07, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Lame to have the U-Turn on a leg where there is no chance later to make up some time. Fucking blonde skanks.

Last edited by cdollaz; 11-25-07 at 10:14 PM.
Old 11-25-07, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I liked tonights ep a bit more.Hafta laugh at Jennifer bitchin about how she should have got 1st place cuz the other team had already been 1st a couple times

And i just noticed Rachel is really cute
Old 11-25-07, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk God

I like the U-Turn wrinkle. I wonder if this means that they got rid of the Yield. Anyhoo, great use of it. I hate the whole bad karma bullshit reasoning for not using it or the Yield. It's pretty simple - if you are near the bottom, use it when you can. I laughed when TK said he wouldn't have done it - the blondes using it might have saved his ass.
Old 11-25-07, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Since tonight's episode was a one day, same country race it turns out it didn't matter who finished last last week. Both of those teams were doomed because of the storm that made them stop milking the camel for about 45 minutes. They were close to two hours behind the others teams, and they had to do both parts of the detour. It was clear very early on who would be last.

I agree about the whole "bad karma" thing. It's not bad karma; it's smart racing. Use it when you need to use it (or if there are only two then use it the second time just to make sure.). I'm just glad there aren't any non-elimination points because they always popped up the same episode as the yield. What the point of that? For example, in season 5 Chip and Kim made brilliance use of the yield and with the help of a stubborn ox got Colin and Christie into last place only to see them not eliminated and pissed off.
Old 11-25-07, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by astrochimp
Hafta laugh at Jennifer bitchin about how she should have got 1st place cuz the other team had already been 1st a couple times
That was beyond absurd. I think she honestly expected the other team to just let her have first place. And then she got all pissy about it. WTF.
Old 11-25-07, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk God

It was only scooters as a prize. I was hoping it would be $10 grand or something like that just to piss her off more.
Old 11-26-07, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Especially from behind!

The blondes made the right move. If you're near the back of the pack and afraid of coming in last, you yield--I mean U-Turn--the team in last place. Maybe it would have made no difference, but they didn't know that. There's no bad karma in following one of the rules of the game. They'll succeed or fail based on their racing ability and whatever "luck" they have.

I'm still rooting for Christina and her dad, even though he's an ass. She seems to have figured out how to stand up to him and deal with him when he talks too much. 3rd place is great for them, but it probably won't last. This leg was not very physical and that worked to their advantage.

Azaria and Hendekea are the team to beat, though they are starting to bicker a bit and he often acts condescending toward her. That could cause problems down the road.

Jennifer is a bitch, but she entertains me. The whining about the other team not letting her come in first was hilarious. And I especially liked the bit when she and Nathan were in the cab and he tries to act encouraging and put an arm around her and she's all "Don't touch me! No touching! Okay, you can touch me." [they kiss] "I'm so hot!"
Old 11-26-07, 01:12 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Jason has a fantastic attitude, and he reminded me of Blake..'

The blondes, well one of them was indeed smart to use the U-Turn, which I like better than a yield. Although at that point I was confused, and I thought the blondes thought they were yielding TK And Rachel.
Old 11-26-07, 01:50 AM

Good episode. Very fast.

I think it was too early to use the U-Turn. Hopefully karma will be a bitch...and that's at least how they edited the preview for next week.

As far as the dancing section....they got nothing on this (and I would have so done something like this):

Razzle Dazzle!
Old 11-26-07, 06:27 AM

Azaria and Hendekea are the smartest and fittest people on the show. Definitely the favorite to win it all.

The Asian people and the grandpa/grandson combos are the most feel-good couples. You just want to see them do well.
Old 11-26-07, 07:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
Although at that point I was confused, and I thought the blondes thought they were yielding TK And Rachel.
From what they said, it appeared that the blondes saw a man and a women running behind them, and assumed that it was Jason and Lorena (putting them in a dead-heat for next-to-last), so they yielded Jason and Lorena.

But, that doesn't make much sense, because they were about 20-30 mins from the start of the leg and Jason and Lorena didn't start until 90 minutes later. They also should have known because TK and Rachel's picture should have been in the box along with their picture and Jason and Lorena's.

If you think about it, with that much of a lead, there's no reason to use the U-turn/yield. It's really only valuable when there's a chance you'll finish last (or, to a lesser extent, first). In their situation, I wouldn't have used it unless it was the last U-turn/Yield.

Questions:

1) Do the teams know the number of U-turn/Yields like we do?

2) Do the teams know the starting times of the other teams (I assume they talk at the pit stop, but do they really know)?

3) How do the pictures work at the Yield? Can they look in the box to see who is behind them, or do they have to try and Yield someone and the producers tell them if that team is behind them?
Old 11-26-07, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The U-Turn is certainly an improvement over the Yield, if only because we may not have to listen to the Yielded bitch about being Yielded. They're too busy with the task to complain too much.
Old 11-26-07, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I like the U-Turn, but it seems that it could last a lot longer than a yield, depending on the task.
Old 11-26-07, 10:34 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by matta
If you think about it, with that much of a lead, there's no reason to use the U-turn/yield. It's really only valuable when there's a chance you'll finish last (or, to a lesser extent, first). In their situation, I wouldn't have used it unless it was the last U-turn/Yield.
Well, in their defense they had no idea what kind of challenges were ahead that might even out the times. The problem I have with the Yields/UTurns/Fast Forwards etc. now is since there are so few of them you lose a lot of that 'Saving it for later' strategy. Especially the Fast Forward... when they had them every race it became a major strategy move as to when you actually went for it. It usually went to the desperate last place teams. Now if they a FF, the first team there just takes it, which does nothing but increase their lead even more.
Old 11-26-07, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Exactly - there are so few that you take advantage of them when you can - such Yielding/Uturning someone behind if you are near the back of the pack or taking the FF when you are leading or near the lead if you know that the team ahead of you didn't take it.
Old 11-26-07, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

You just noticed that now? I'd take her over those ugly bitch Blondes any day.

Good episode, I liked the new U-Turn rule, much better than the Yield IMO. I agree with Chew, they're too busy doing the task, thus they have less time to complain.

Sucks that Lorena & Jason got eliminated this episode because Shana & Jennifer U-Turn'ed them. I really liked Jason's attitude, calm and cool and doesn't freak out all the time. I'm still pullin' for the Grandson/Grandfather, Nicolas & Donald.
Old 11-26-07, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Didn't Loreena want to get married, but Jason wanted anything but marriage (in their closing comments)?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.