Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Battlestar Gallactica Razor - Pilot - 11/24/07

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-07, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
Ack! I totally missed this. Are they airing it again, or should I just wait for the dvd? Actually, will the movie be included on an upcoming season-set, like season 3? Or is the dvd that's coming out next week it?
Old 11-26-07, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
You better just get the DVD on the 4th. The season 3 DVD set hasn't even been announced yet.
Old 11-26-07, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts
More likely it'd be on the season 4 set?
Old 11-26-07, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by davidh777
More likely it'd be on the season 4 set?
I think that's possible but keep in mind that the second half of S4 will not air until 2009. Maybe it will be in the first half set late next year but who wants to wait that long to find out?

It's odd, doesn't look like sci-fi will repeat it soon and it's not avl at itunes or amazon unbox.
Old 11-26-07, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can buy the uncut DVD on December 4.
Old 11-26-07, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ranger
It's odd, doesn't look like sci-fi will repeat it soon and it's not avl at itunes or amazon unbox.
Wierd. Listed and priced at Amazon, but says "This item is currently not available." on the product page.
Old 11-26-07, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I find it funny that the DVD is listed as "unrated." Well, of course it's unrated. It's a TV movie!
Old 11-26-07, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think the reason it's not showing as being aired again anytime soon is because of the DVD coming out and what someone said earlier about universal wanting a direct to DVD movie but someone else owns the rights to it. In order for them to release the DVD they HAD to air it on television first but probably only once. I'm sure after the DVD is released they will air the crap out of it a couple months later.
Old 11-26-07, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,408 Likes on 1,031 Posts
Originally Posted by aintnosin
I find it funny that the DVD is listed as "unrated." Well, of course it's unrated. It's a TV movie!
TV shows still have ratings. The DVD includes the aired version and an extended version with some more swearing and (I think) more gore.

The Digital Bits reviewed it last week.

Just my speculation, but if the S4 DVDs do include Razor, it'll likely only be the aired version. I'll be picking up the DVD next week.
Old 11-26-07, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I think that's possible but keep in mind that the second half of S4 will not air until 2009. Maybe it will be in the first half set late next year but who wants to wait that long to find out?
Exactly. Universal might include it in a later release like they did the miniseries, but we're talking saving 20 bucks.

Shaw's accent was kind of hot.
Old 11-26-07, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by milo bloom
TV shows still have ratings.
Yes, but TV ratings are self-applied by the broadcaster or cable channel, not subject to a ratings board like movies. With movies, at least the word means that they didn't submit this version to the MPAA for a new rating. In the TV context it's completely meaningless. Basically what they are saying with the word "Unrated" is that, because this never aired on Sci-Fi, there was never any reason to apply a rating. In short, the word "unrated" is simply being used as a cynical marketing gimmick.
Old 11-26-07, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by davidh777
Exactly. Universal might include it in a later release like they did the miniseries, but we're talking saving 20 bucks.

Shaw's accent was kind of hot.
There's that other thing, why is this being sold for a higher price - $19.99? I'm not expecting that price to drop.
Old 11-26-07, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by aintnosin
Yes, but TV ratings are self-applied by the broadcaster or cable channel, not subject to a ratings board like movies. With movies, at least the word means that they didn't submit this version to the MPAA for a new rating. In the TV context it's completely meaningless. Basically what they are saying with the word "Unrated" is that, because this never aired on Sci-Fi, there was never any reason to apply a rating. In short, the word "unrated" is simply being used as a cynical marketing gimmick.
Pot? Kettle?

They have to distinguish it from the aired version so people will make the effort to buy it instead of sticking with a version they recorded off the air.

And as for the the TV ratings being self-applied, they're only self-applied as much as the FCC is saying rate yourself or we'll do it for you. Not really a choice.

Last edited by milo bloom; 11-26-07 at 04:20 PM.
Old 11-26-07, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

There's that other thing, why is this being sold for a higher price - $19.99? I'm not expecting that price to drop.
Higher than what?
Old 11-26-07, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Higher than what it's worth.
Old 11-26-07, 07:15 PM

Argh!! I missed it too. My dad was supposed to record this for me (I don't get the sci-fi channel) but he set it for the wrong time and he missed it. I prefer not to buy the dvd, I really just want to see the movie once, that's all. Anyone know when this will air again?
Old 11-26-07, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I loved it. Can't wait for the DVD.

But, if Gina was working from the inside, why was the system offline when the attack took place? That kinda didn't make sense.

Unless she was betraying the Cylons? But that doesn't really make sense either.

Is it possible she was a sleeper agent, like Boomer, and didn't know what she was doing?
Old 11-26-07, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
Originally Posted by moonraker
Argh!! I missed it too. My dad was supposed to record this for me (I don't get the sci-fi channel) but he set it for the wrong time and he missed it. I prefer not to buy the dvd, I really just want to see the movie once, that's all. Anyone know when this will air again?
I just checked my tivo's scedule, and it doesn't look like it's airing any time soon, if at all. And here's what I get when I go to SciFi's Razor page: http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/razor/

I really hate this fucking station.
Old 11-26-07, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Really good. Reminded me of S1. Loved seeing the old Raiders and Cylon Centurions, although the Centurions' bodies looked a bit thinner and I think they didn't have that skirt thing in the back.

Someone please explain: Seeing the old ships and Cylons in one of Bill Adama's flashbacks about the First Cylon War would have made sense, but these were shown during Lee's first mission as Commander of Pegasus. That was only a few months ago in the story, so why were there 40-year-old Centurions and Raiders in the picture?
Old 11-26-07, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
...Someone please explain: Seeing the old ships and Cylons in one of Bill Adama's flashbacks about the First Cylon War would have made sense, but these were shown during Lee's first mission as Commander of Pegasus. That was only a few months ago in the story, so why were there 40-year-old Centurions and Raiders in the picture?
SPOILERS
At about the 55 minute mark the crew of Galactica is looking at a cylon ship that had crash landed into their loading bay (was connected to a fighter that was landing). It was a really old machine and President Roslin asked why the cylons would be resurecting such an old machine, then Sharon (Boomer) said:

Boomer: "There are references in our databases to a force of Centurians called Guardians, early models like this that somehow escaped being scrapped."

Other: What do these guardians guard?

Boomer: A Hybrid. An entity that represents the first step in our evolution from pure machines to organic beings. From them to us.

Other: A Cylon missing link?

Boomer: No, more like an evolutionary dead end. There were other hybrids created to control our base ships before the experiment was abandoned, but this one was the first. And some think it's still alive.

Other: Protected by these guardians.

Boomer: And that it's still somehow seeking it's own way to evolve.

Adama: The last operation of the war, Galactica was part of a task force that destroyed a Cylon base. I was on that mission. The Cylons were supposedly building a super weapon...

(cut to the scenes where Adama, forty years ago, went into that meat factory)

So... basically those old centurians you saw in "modern" Battlestar Galactica time are the Guardians, guarding the hybrid that was destroyed by the nuclear bomb at the end.
Old 11-27-07, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Question: I still haven't seen season 3 yet. Waiting for the DVDs.

Anyway, would watching this mess up anything or did I miss anything in S3 that I wouldn't get in this? I know this is a flashback about the Pegasus and how it got back, but I don't want to take the chance of not understanding something or being confused.
Old 11-27-07, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Deftones

Anyway, would watching this mess up anything or did I miss anything in S3 that I wouldn't get in this? I know this is a flashback about the Pegasus and how it got back, but I don't want to take the chance of not understanding something or being confused.
The only thing that jumped out at me is something that was said at the very end about a particular character's "destiny". It may not be a huge spoiler and it may not impact season 3 at all, but it is something touchy...
Old 11-27-07, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fielding Mellish
IT IS REVEALED... hot, lesbian, implied sex! MMM-MMM-MMM-Toasty!
Oh brother!

I enjoyed the movie. I guess you pretty much knew going in that the characters you hadn't seen before in Galactica weren't going to survive until the end.
The main girl looked sorta like Angelina Jolie.
Old 11-27-07, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Deftones

I honestly think the whole thing, including what Pinata mentioned, works best when viewed in the middle of S2.

According to BattlestarWiki,
http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Ti...on_2_%28RDM%29

it fits inbetween The Captain's Hand and Downloaded. Any future viewings I do, I'll put it right there.

Even the little revelation about a certain character works as a bit of foreshadowing, instead of having it dumped on us in S3.
Old 11-27-07, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by milo bloom
Even the little revelation about a certain character works as a bit of foreshadowing, instead of having it dumped on us in S3.
I don't know, I still think it's a bit of a spoiler.
Spoiler:
Because when that something happens in S3, one assumes it's not the end of that story

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.