DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   CSI - "You Kill Me" - 11/22/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/518033-csi-you-kill-me-11-22-07-a.html)

MrX 11-22-07 05:47 PM

CSI - "You Kill Me" - 11/22/07

"You Kill Me"
Spoiler:
Hodges has ulterior motives when he stages hypothetical murders in the lab to give his colleagues a chance to play CSI. Also, everyone tries to reach out to Grissom after Sara's departure.

BDB 11-23-07 12:22 AM

eh what?

Turned it off after 20mins.

Nick Martin 11-23-07 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
eh what?

Turned it off after 20mins.

Your loss.

This episode was great, very clever and funny. A hell of fun time and a nice change of pace especially considering how depressing last week's episode was.

Loved it.

TheMovieman 11-23-07 01:07 AM

Agreed and a fun way to get to know the supporting characters some more. I also liked the very end with Hodges and Grissom.

alfredog1976 11-23-07 01:09 AM

Sorry didn't like this one either...though they did touch on the aftermath of Sara's departure

kvrdave 11-23-07 01:57 AM

Boring. I wached it, but could have gone without it.

marty888 11-24-07 07:20 AM

Nice change of pace, with some clever ideas.

TGM 11-24-07 07:23 AM

awful, awful episode.

BDB 11-24-07 01:27 PM

I'm glad I wasn't the only one, got worried when the 2 posters after me enjoyed it, but this was a wasted ep.

DJariya 11-24-07 01:42 PM

I was watching this with my parents and my mother made me turn it off after 10 minutes because she thought it looked so fucking stupid, especially when Nick and Warrick had their cheesy fake cry and Archie rose up from the cocaine dust.

RoboDad 11-24-07 01:51 PM

I'm glad I wasn't the only one, got worried when the 2 posters after me enjoyed it, but this was a wasted ep.

Why should it worry you that some people enjoyed something that you did not? It doesn't worry me that you didn't enjoy it. It doesn't take away from my enjoyment of it in the least.

Oh, and I did enjoy it, quite a bit. It was a great chance for the actors to step out of their characters a bit and have some fun. My favorite line (repeated how many times by Hodges during the episode?) - "It's a prototype!" That, and "You named yourself after cancer!"

Nick Martin 11-24-07 11:17 PM

Gee, one of the few times CSI does something inventive beyond the usual dark death, death, and more death everyone's suffering type storylines and it's a "wasted ep" and "so fucking stupid".

Monotony made this show popular, so if they keep that sameness up everyone will be happy, I guess. Except that people often complain about the show being boring because it's the same all the time....can't have it both ways.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one, got worried when the 2 posters after me enjoyed it

Yeah, it's a good thing. That way it's the minority of people here who liked it that are stupid, and not the majority who hated it. You and everyone who hated it can feel better. :D

MrX 11-24-07 11:58 PM

The increased screen time for Liz Vassey was reason enough to like it.

It was better than an hour of Grissom being depressed which is what we would have gotten if they did a traditional episode.

Deftones 11-26-07 10:20 PM

This was awesome. I loved this episode. They need one of these every season. All the tech guys getting screen time is fantastic.

I loved the line "There's no sign of sexual trauma". :lol:

Big Boy Laroux 11-28-07 09:35 AM

obviously CSI shouldn't change its entire make-up and run shows like this constantly. But the times they do run these quirky shows (like the Rashomon episode last season or the season before), I enjoy them. i loved that we got to see some of the secondary characters a lot more. this was their time to shine. Now back to the background! :)

I also liked that all the characters were obviously having fun with it. I bet this was a blast to shoot for the actors.

some great lines - "no sign of sexual trauma", "is there ANYTHING trace can't do?" I also loved how Bobby the Gun Guy was the first suspect in every case.

and the best news of the episode? Liz Vassey is taking the field test!

Bronkster 11-28-07 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Nick Martin
That way it's the minority of people here who liked it that are stupid, and not the majority who hated it. You and everyone who hated it can feel better. :D

Crap. I liked it. :sad:

ben12 11-29-07 12:03 AM

I really like these annual lab rats episodes.

Michael Corvin 11-29-07 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Nick Martin
Gee, one of the few times CSI does something inventive beyond the usual dark death, death, and more death everyone's suffering type storylines and it's a "wasted ep" and "so fucking stupid".

:lol: Exactly. I loved every minute of it. It's nice see seeing the secondary cast come to the forefront every once in a while. Especially:

Originally Posted by MrX
The increased screen time for Liz Vassey was reason enough to like it.

What's even better was her mentioning that she wants to take the field test. Yea! The writers must be listening to the fans.

"No sign of sexual trauma" killed me every time. As did all the characters acknowledging Hodges brilliance in the middle of their case. Especially when Brass did it. Good shit.

I also liked the ending with Grissom playing Hodges' game. "I like games."

nateman 12-03-07 12:01 PM

This was one of those "fun" episodes, and you know what? It was actually fun!

I've always liked when shows change the pace for an episode, every now and again. CSI especially, which at times can be very formulaic. It's a risk for a show like CSI (which became popular, most likely, from its very formulaic "style") too have a "fun" or "silly" episode, might (not myself, I like silly) turn some viewers off, however. That's why I understand CBS airing this episode on Thanksgiving.

I pretty much got a kick out of the same things Michael Corvin got a kick out of. Brass acknowledging Hodges "brilliance" was the best part of the episode for me. Grissom playing the "Lab Rats" board game Hodges made was some good stuff. "I like games."