TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Nip/Tuck - "Dawn Budge II" - 11/20/07

Old 11-20-07, 07:04 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Nip/Tuck - "Dawn Budge II" - 11/20/07

"Dawn Budge II"
Spoiler:
Unfortunate events unfold for unlucky Dawn Budge; Annie and Eden start to form a sisterly bond.
Old 11-20-07, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

She's baaaaaaaaaaack!
Old 11-20-07, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

and the show takes it up another level yet again.

Christian's response to suicide play - "I'll need to double my fee."
Old 11-20-07, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This season has to rank right up with S1 & S2.

anal bandit
Old 11-20-07, 11:56 PM

This show is too much. I love it.
Old 11-21-07, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk God

I am loving this season. Lot's of great ongoing stuff going on.
Old 11-21-07, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anal bandit....mwahahahah!
Old 11-21-07, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I love how this show just knows that we want to see Rosie attacked and disfigured, but then they go the extra mile by not only anally raping her, but smashing her into the ground. God bless them!
Old 11-21-07, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This was the first ep of the season I didn't like. I really despise that Eden character, she is a terrible actress and just about as sleazy as you can get.

Also, what happened to Julia just coming for a visit? Looks like she's taken up residence in LA and send Annie to a private school?

What's interesting to me this season is the parallels between Sean S5 and Christian S1.
Old 11-21-07, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, that's confusing. I thought Julia said she was leaving LA. What does Olivia do for a living?
Old 11-21-07, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ranger
Yeah, that's confusing. I thought Julia said she was leaving LA. What does Olivia do for a living?
She's an herbalist (I think).
Old 11-21-07, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sean, get yourself together! You can sleep with any 18 year old girl who watches the TV show, why do you want the one who is trying to ruin your life?

How long till Christian bangs the nun?
Old 11-21-07, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
Sean, get yourself together! You can sleep with any 18 year old girl who watches the TV show, why do you want the one who is trying to ruin your life?

How long till Christian bangs the nun?
Is she 18? For some reason I thought she was 16 or 17.
Old 11-21-07, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

in the last ep, eden said she just turned 18 and wanted sean to do some work on her, sean refused at first saying he wanted parental consent since she's under 21. she does look younger.
Old 11-21-07, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Eden's a f'in liar.
Old 11-21-07, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by slop101
I love how this show just knows that we want to see Rosie attacked and disfigured, but then they go the extra mile by not only anally raping her, but smashing her into the ground. God bless them!
It's like the writers read my mind or something...
Old 11-22-07, 10:58 AM

I thought this episode was an absolute mess. They tried to cram way too many characters and subplots into one hour (Dawn Budge, the anal bandit, the nun, Eden, Annie's issues, the hypothermia lady, Sean and his girlfriend, Julia and Olivia)... it was just a LOT going on. And the hallucination scene with Sean was kind of random.

I'm guessing that Eden is going to be the villain/antagonist of this season (since there has been one every year... Escobar in S1, Ava in S2, the Carver in S3, James in S4). The actress who plays her, in my opinion, isn't bad at all... but (right now, at least) the character is lacking in the complexity that the other antagonists have had. The organ thievery stuff last season wasn't all that great, but James was a very complex and memorable character. So was Ava. Right now Eden is pretty one-note.
Old 11-22-07, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just caught this eppy, and as is typical of the season so far, absolutely loved it. I could barely manage to finish the episodes last season and was frequently multi-tasking. This season I've relished every minute of the show. It's actually back to being dramatic AND amusing, which last season desperately lacked in the latter department.
Old 11-22-07, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by starseed
I thought this episode was an absolute mess. They tried to cram way too many characters and subplots into one hour (Dawn Budge, the anal bandit, the nun, Eden, Annie's issues, the hypothermia lady, Sean and his girlfriend, Julia and Olivia)... it was just a LOT going on. And the hallucination scene with Sean was kind of random.

I'm guessing that Eden is going to be the villain/antagonist of this season (since there has been one every year... Escobar in S1, Ava in S2, the Carver in S3, James in S4). The actress who plays her, in my opinion, isn't bad at all... but (right now, at least) the character is lacking in the complexity that the other antagonists have had. The organ thievery stuff last season wasn't all that great, but James was a very complex and memorable character. So was Ava. Right now Eden is pretty one-note.
I consider Hollywood to be the villain.
Old 11-27-07, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Another great episode. I love the fact that I'm back to lovin' this show like I did during S1 and S2. I don't care how bad of an actress Eden is, in fact most of the time she's talking I don't hear anything except when she uses phrases like "in my ass". I was hoping to see some more of crackhead Kimber, but it looks like they're saving that for tonight.