Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Journeyman petition

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-07, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone know how the rating comparisons were when Life took over it's time slot? I am hoping it did worse.
Old 12-06-07, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mrpayroll
I for one would love the West Coast primetime to start at 7 pm and be over by 10 pm, just like in the midwest.

Chris
When I go on travel on the west or east coast (I live in the midwest), it seems crazy that primetime actually starts at 8:00 and doesn't get over until 11:00(!). Obviously this is no new revelation, but when I actually get out there, I have to remember that things start an hour later. I have enough trouble staying up until 10:00 for the 9:00 shows here at home.
Old 12-06-07, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by riley_dude
Anyone know how the rating comparisons were when Life took over it's time slot? I am hoping it did worse.
I posted this over in the ratings thread.

I feel some vindication that Life's #'s (6.61M) were only a little bit higher than Journeyman's total viewers (6.05M). Though I like both shows alot and hope they both come back in Fall 2008.

Chris
Chris
Old 12-06-07, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Hill Street Blues in 1981, followed by LA Law in 1986, followed by E.R. in 1994. But that was a different era, long before dvrs helped people go to bed at a decent time. I think people as a whole are going to bed earlier compared to 20 or 30 years ago.

I think we will see fewer shows in the future that will get many viewers in the 10 pm slot. I for one would love the West Coast primetime to start at 7 pm and be over by 10 pm, just like in the midwest.

Chris
I don't know where you live, but America is FAR more of a 24 hour society than it was 20 or 30 years ago. The only people I know that have trouble staying awake until 11 are in their 70's.

If there are less people watching TV that, it's probably because more of them are still out of the house. I work nights, and there are far more people that do than they did back in the 70's and 80's. More stores and eateries are open 24 hours, or at least until midnight or 2 AM.

DVRs have made airtimes irrelevant to a certain extent, but it isn't putting people to bed earlier.
Old 12-06-07, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
I remember when Lost moved to 10pm last year and lots of people on this board were complaining how late that was. I can only see 10pm start times being an issue if you need to wake up at 4 or 5am the next day.....or if your a senior citizen.

Hell, a fresh episode of CSI:Miami at 10pm gets 15-17M viewers every Monday, so there are still lots of people awake that hour.
Old 12-06-07, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by TheKing
I don't know where you live, but America is FAR more of a 24 hour society than it was 20 or 30 years ago. The only people I know that have trouble staying awake until 11 are in their 70's.

If there are less people watching TV that, it's probably because more of them are still out of the house. I work nights, and there are far more people that do than they did back in the 70's and 80's. More stores and eateries are open 24 hours, or at least until midnight or 2 AM.

DVRs have made airtimes irrelevant to a certain extent, but it isn't putting people to bed earlier.
Originally Posted by DJariya
I remember when Lost moved to 10pm last year and lots of people on this board were complaining how late that was. I can only see 10pm start times being an issue if you need to wake up at 4 or 5am the next day.....or if your a senior citizen.

Hell, a fresh episode of CSI:Miami at 10pm gets 15-17M viewers every Monday, so there are still lots of people awake that hour.

Chris