DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   What will you watch when the new episodes run dry? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/517712-what-will-you-watch-when-new-episodes-run-dry.html)

Merkin Muffley 11-19-07 02:53 PM

What will you watch when the new episodes run dry?

I've already started Netflixing Season 3 of Veronica Mars...thinking about taking on Ken Burns' Civil War. Maybe start Six Feet Under.

Some recommendations:
The Office (U.K.)
Arrested Development
Deadwood
Twin Peaks

What will you watch to fill the void?

FatTony 11-19-07 03:13 PM

I have about 20 new DVDs from the DD sale. Perfect timing.

When those run out, who knows? I might actually go through and watch some DVDs I already own!

Red Dog 11-19-07 04:21 PM

Even more college hoops than I normally watch. That will carry me through March. Then I have a lot of unwatched DVDs.

Timber 11-19-07 04:30 PM

Hopefully Big Brother 9 along with BB After Dark.

yes I'm obsessed with the show.

JimmySRU 11-19-07 04:34 PM

Dvds

Toad 11-19-07 04:35 PM

I feel like this is the 4th thread asking the same information...

Anyway, I'll bite again. I'll watch football until that's over, then watch DVDs and play Wii. Oh, and I'll probably spend more time watching my wife.

DJariya 11-19-07 04:54 PM

Didn't someone ask this question already?

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....5&page=1&pp=25

kvrdave 11-19-07 05:05 PM

I've been recording Torchwood, and stocking up Journeyman for when the time comes.

And, I have still never watched The Office, so I will watch those.

Goldberg74 11-19-07 05:09 PM

I'll be playing my Wii!

... and watching all 10 seasons of Friends, back to back to back to back...

... that and it's about time to have another kid. :hump:

The Bus 11-19-07 05:16 PM

I'll find other stuff to do besides watching TV. Right now, it's hard to make time for it, I just get enough done so I can knock out some space on the DVR. Comcast needs to come out with an 8TB DVR. Then I'd be happy.

TheMovieman 11-19-07 05:20 PM

The numerous DVD box sets I still haven't watched...

critterdvd 11-19-07 06:39 PM

I've got a ton of boxsets I haven't watched yet, plus several more on the way...

And if the strike runs long enough, I've never seen "The X-Files" or "The Sopranos"... can't think of a better time :).

aintnosin 11-19-07 06:41 PM

DVDs, what else, silly?

darkflounder 11-19-07 08:17 PM

Got a lot of downloaded BBC stuff to watch. S2 of Life on Mars and Jekyll.

SNL S1 & S2 sets to watch

And maybe even get some work done.

bluetoast 11-19-07 08:23 PM

I'll be watching...

Rest of:
Deadwood
Soap

Try to get into:
Carnivale

Bluelitespecial 11-19-07 08:26 PM

Big Brother 9 if it comes back early, and One Tree hill Starts in January.

devilshalo 11-19-07 08:35 PM

I'm going on vacation for 3 weeks.. I'll have a boatload to watch when I get back.

cupcake jesus 11-19-07 10:50 PM

The best two shows on TV: Lost and The Wire. Duh.

cheers,

-the Jesus

The Infidel 11-19-07 10:59 PM

I was thinking this might be a good time to go out and watch the world for awhile. Go outside and see what wonders nature has to offer. Go different places and meet new people. Experience things I've only talked about doing in the past.

Aw hell, I'll probably just watch DVD's, too.

Jimmy James 11-19-07 11:00 PM

My wife and I planned ahead -- we'll be having our first child not long after the new stuff runs out. This strike could go a decade and I might not have time to notice.

rfduncan 11-20-07 09:19 AM

The following ENTIRE series-

Lone Gunman
OZ
Roswell
My So Called Life

..and trying to finish several Wii games and Phantom Hourglass!

Doc MacGyver 11-20-07 09:29 AM

I live in a house with 5 other guys, some of which haven't seen Arrested Development yet, while others haven't seen the West Wing. Veronica Mars will probably be getting another run through, as well as Angel and (selectively cropped)Smallville. The Wire will DEFINITELY get another viewing as well as a number of Miniseries - Band of Brothers for sure. Aside from those, we'll probably be peppering in some Justice League, Spaced and the British Office for good measure.

-Doc

Toad 11-20-07 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
My wife and I planned ahead -- we'll be having our first child not long after the new stuff runs out. This strike could go a decade and I might not have time to notice.

Congrats, good timing, and great name!

zekeburger1979 11-20-07 10:36 AM

I will probably catch up on Chuck and rewatch old episodes of current shows or rewatch older series such as AD or Freaks and Geeks.

acubfaninmd 11-20-07 11:09 AM

watch my unwatched tv shows i have on dvd which include Twin Peaks Complete Series, Freaks and Geeks, Veronica Mars S1 and S2, Nip/Tuck S1-S4 and too many more to name.