DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Amazing Race 12 -- "Please, Lord, Give Me Milk" -- 11/18/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/517585-amazing-race-12-please-lord-give-me-milk-11-18-07-a.html)

LorenzoL 11-18-07 05:01 AM

The Amazing Race 12 -- "Please, Lord, Give Me Milk" -- 11/18/07

"Please, Lord, Give Me Milk"
Spoiler:
The nine remaining teams continue in the third leg of the race. Christina continues to have issues with her obstinate father. Lorena suffers a breakdown during a Roadblock involving camels.

First Aired: Sunday November 18, 2007

Merkin Muffley 11-18-07 12:08 PM

This has Colin/Ox potential.

Red Dog 11-18-07 08:43 PM

I can't fathom why anyone would pick "teach."

mwbmis 11-18-07 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog

It worked just as well for a number of the teams. The reasons for picking it are fairly self evident. When you're stressed out and wrung out you aren't at your best at learning new words; moreover, kids generally learn quicker. If you have the patience to teach, it could be the best option.

What I don't understand is if you are in second to last place and the roadblock performing last place team member is clearly having a breakdown...why would you help her? Sure, it's the "nice" thing to do, but the slower she finishes the better chance you have.

Additionally, it sucks to lose the attractive team.

cdollaz 11-18-07 09:06 PM

Those blondes are idiots.

Red Dog 11-18-07 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by mwbmis
It worked just as well for a number of the teams. The reasons for picking it are fairly self evident. When you're stressed out and wrung out you aren't at your best at learning new words; moreover, kids generally learn quicker. If you have the patience to teach, it could be the best option.

For 2 tasks that are essentially the same, I would never pick the one that is out of my control. You never know - you might draw a slow kid. In hindsight, you can say it worked just as well, but I just don't think it makes any sense, no matter how tired you are. Plus it didn't look like it was that physically exhausting of a leg so I doubt these teams could have been that wrung out.

astrochimp 11-18-07 10:17 PM

I liked the sisters.Oh well :sad:

Patman 11-18-07 10:30 PM

I was hoping Loreena and her laid back boyfriend would have gone home on this leg.

cracksky 11-18-07 11:11 PM

It was an absolute cheat that they tied together the legs of the camel so it wouldn't kick. If she can't do the task, she can't do it. Then the other team goes home. That's bullshit. I would sue CBS. That's a million dollar cheat.

Patman 11-18-07 11:29 PM

You know, it was bugging me for the longest time as to where I had seen Vyxsin before, and I figured it out, I took photos of her at Dragon Con a few months ago:

(This photo shows her name on her badge if you look at the largest resolution of the photo):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/patcave...7601902634765/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/patcave...7601885821431/

WillieTheShakes 11-18-07 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by cracksky
It was an absolute cheat that they tied together the legs of the camel so it wouldn't kick. If she can't do the task, she can't do it. Then the other team goes home. That's bullshit. I would sue CBS. That's a million dollar cheat.

I'm pretty sure that most -- if not all -- of the camels were similarly hobbled...

BDB 11-18-07 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by cracksky

Every Camel had it's legs tied together.

bhauge 11-19-07 12:45 AM

Does anyone know why Phil's voiceover still says "... the last team to check in MAY be eliminated"? I thought they did away with the non-elimination element of TAR. I noticed that the first week, he said "WILL", but after that it's been "MAY". Is this to leave open the possibility for those "TO BE CONTINUED" episodes we've seen on previous seasons?

movieking 11-19-07 07:03 AM

Yes, I think so.

Too bad the sisters are gone. I was hoping for a hookup between one of them and Grandpa.

Groucho 11-19-07 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Red Dog

I would pick that in a New York minute. Children can pickup and memorize things much faster than adults, especially when it comes to language skills.

DJariya 11-19-07 09:10 AM

I was hoping the sisters would stick around a little longer...Oh well.

Pretty entertaining episode. I've never heard of anyone drinking Camel's milk before... :wacko:

I give Ronald and Christina 2 more epsiodes before the hernia drops them out of the race. I cannot see them advancing much further.

JuryDuty 11-19-07 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho
I would pick that in a New York minute. Children can pickup and memorize things much faster than adults, especially when it comes to language skills.

That's true, but like one of the teams said, if you pick learn, you each only have to learn five--much easier than teaching one person 10.

Big Boy Laroux 11-19-07 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by mwbmis
What I don't understand is if you are in second to last place and the roadblock performing last place team member is clearly having a breakdown...why would you help her? Sure, it's the "nice" thing to do, but the slower she finishes the better chance you have.

I agree completely. It's not like they were unsure what place they were in. They saw EVERY team except Lorena and Jason finish before them. Friends or not, you have to realize you are second to last, and need all the time you can get.

Even though AR is famous for bunch-ups, you can't take a chance like that.

cdollaz 11-19-07 10:33 AM

You have to give THE HAIR and his girlfriend credit. They could have given up, being in last place after the camel milking, but running with their camels ultimately kept them around.

Red Dog 11-19-07 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
That's true, but like one of the teams said, if you pick learn, you each only have to learn five--much easier than teaching one person 10.

Excellent point.

DRG 11-19-07 12:11 PM

I think the dumbest move was the sisters giving Lorena advice on the camels as they left. It's stupid to help your competitors anyway, but when you're second-to-last, why would you ever give the last place team advice?

nateman 11-19-07 12:25 PM

I could’ve cared less about the sisters getting eliminated this week. I mean, I didn’t hate them or anything and they weren’t annoying, but I didn’t think they were smoking hot or anything. For me anyway, they were just kind of “there” and didn’t really stand out (at least to me) that much.

When Ronald was getting on the train and someone said (one of the girls, can’t remember who), “Who’s Your Daddy?” and Ronald said, “Yo, Yo!” it now is really creepy that he’s wearing shirts that say, “Who’s Your Daddy?” on them. Before I just thought he might’ve not known what it means, but now that I know, he knows, what it means, it’s just wrong.

I’m still hoping Nicolas & Donald (Grandson/Grandfather team) wins the race. Donald saying he liked the sisters was great. I can’t believe he’s 69 years old!

BDB 11-19-07 12:52 PM

Donald is a good sport and he did great with the camels for sure.

The blondes are still not as bad as I thought they would be, they can get down and durty.

Hendekia and is sister annoy me a little, but they nailed the word challenge no problem. that was great how they figured it out fast.

Big Boy Laroux 11-19-07 01:29 PM

the blondes are annoying to me. they annoyed me from the beginning, saying how they know they are hot (they're really not) and would flirt their way through the race. Thank god there's no alpha-male team, or they would be sickening.

They are also constantly talking about how they don't look like they're cleaned up. and they really are not attractive. Compare them to dustin and kandice - it's no comparison whatsoever.

And they really took the annoyance to another level this epsiode. Rather than comment that it's actually sad that people live the way they do in Africa (like the other teams did), they made fun of the locals and reacted to the surroundings in a "ewwwwww! ick!" kind of way.

magiccmom 11-19-07 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
the blondes are annoying to me. they annoyed me from the beginning, saying how they know they are hot (they're really not) and would flirt their way through the race. Thank god there's no alpha-male team, or they would be sickening.

They are also constantly talking about how they don't look like they're cleaned up. and they really are not attractive. Compare them to dustin and kandice - it's no comparison whatsoever.

And they really took the annoyance to another level this epsiode. Rather than comment that it's actually sad that people live the way they do in Africa (like the other teams did), they made fun of the locals and reacted to the surroundings in a "ewwwwww! ick!" kind of way.

...and dont forget their mention of how tough this race really is, given that they can not get their usual facials and manicures!