TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Er 11/15/07

Old 11-15-07, 11:18 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Hero
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Duluth, GA, USA
Posts: 37,782
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Er 11/15/07

Morris was a riot in tonight's episode. "Dude! That was a rental!" "I'll cut the cheese."

Hoping Moretti is gone for quite a while.

Abby's still struggling with the demon in the bottle.

Doogie Howser II had some good scenes, both sensitive and funny.

Didn't much care for the Tony and Sarah subplot.
Old 11-16-07, 02:59 AM
  #2  
Political Exile
 
grundle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,390
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh wow! I hardly recognize any of the characters on this show anymore.

What happened to Dr. Peter Benton? Did his character leave the show? He was always my favorite.
Old 11-16-07, 03:57 AM
  #3  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 5,610
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dr. Benton? He's been gone for about 5 years now!
Old 11-16-07, 04:11 AM
  #4  
Political Exile
 
grundle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,390
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Seantn
Dr. Benton? He's been gone for about 5 years now!
So I was right!

Thank you for answering.
Old 11-16-07, 07:50 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Posts: 8,467
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frances Conroy! I was glad to see her on television again - even if it was for two minute scenes.

I hope this isn't the end of Moretti. They like getting rid of actors I enjoy watching.

Doogie Howser II had some good scenes, both sensitive and funny.
Definitely. My favorite part of the show tonight.
Old 11-16-07, 08:00 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 9,446
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by grundle
Oh wow! I hardly recognize any of the characters on this show anymore.

What happened to Dr. Peter Benton? Did his character leave the show? He was always my favorite.
Spoiler:
He left to spend more time with his kid, otherwise he'd lose custody
Old 11-16-07, 01:44 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Posts: 4,813
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This episode was a huge improvement over last weeks episode, and the whole season in general. I’d even dare say this episode was good.

I agree with Patman, didn’t really care for the Tony and Sarah subplot. It felt in the way.

As a whole, I haven’t really liked the “Abby crawling back into the bottle” storyline, however, they have done a decent job with her this week and I wonder when Luka is going to find out/is he going to find out, about Abby’s problems.

I hate to see Tucci go, but they ruined his character by making him sleep with Abby in last week’s episode, “Blackout”.
Old 11-16-07, 02:35 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
Rogue588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Posts: 15,094
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only thing I can think about this episode (besides enjoying Morris and Doogie) was...what chat program was Tucci and his kid using?
Old 11-16-07, 03:08 PM
  #9  
Political Exile
 
grundle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,390
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by lordwow
Spoiler:
He left to spend more time with his kid, otherwise he'd lose custody
Thanks.
Old 11-16-07, 04:32 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,128
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I missed the episode where they introduced Doogie, does he have a backstory or is he just a resident?
Old 11-16-07, 04:46 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Hero
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Duluth, GA, USA
Posts: 37,782
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He just showed up and got assigned to Neelah as her intern. Dubenko wanted Neelah to give him the rough treatment, but she would just fake getting tough with him while in Dubenko's presence, but she just can't be a total hard-ass on him all the time.
Old 11-16-07, 10:26 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,128
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Patman
Old 11-16-07, 10:59 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Legend
 
FantasticVSDoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: No longer trapped
Posts: 11,610
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nateman241
This episode was a huge improvement over last weeks episode, and the whole season in general. I’d even dare say this episode was good.

I agree with Patman, didn’t really care for the Tony and Sarah subplot. It felt in the way.

As a whole, I haven’t really liked the “Abby crawling back into the bottle” storyline, however, they have done a decent job with her this week and I wonder when Luka is going to find out/is he going to find out, about Abby’s problems.

I hate to see Tucci go, but they ruined his character by making him sleep with Abby in last week’s episode, “Blackout”.
I agree... Yeah the Tony and Sarah subplot sucked, but really, anything with Tony sucks. And as much as I hate Abby crawling back into the bottle, they did an excellent job with it this week.

Anyone else get a feeling that Neelah is going to sleep with Doogie Howser?
Old 11-17-07, 10:15 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Hero
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Duluth, GA, USA
Posts: 37,782
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, drunk Abby banged Moretti, so anything's possible on this show...
Old 11-18-07, 03:52 AM
  #15  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
Rogue588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Posts: 15,094
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I say again..
Originally Posted by Rogue588
...what chat program was Tucci and his kid using?
Old 11-19-07, 12:57 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Posts: 4,813
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Well, drunk Abby banged Moretti, so anything's possible on this show...
I’m still pulling for the return of Dr. Greene, from the dead!
Old 11-19-07, 01:53 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
ben12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Where I live?
Posts: 2,797
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I'm the only one that likes John Stamos' character and the subplots with his daughter...
Old 11-19-07, 07:42 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 9,446
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nateman241
I’m still pulling for the return of Dr. Greene, from the dead!
The more of the older seasons I watch on DVD, the more I hope and pray...

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.