DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Er 11/15/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/517380-er-11-15-07-a.html)

Patman 11-15-07 10:18 PM

Er 11/15/07

Morris was a riot in tonight's episode. "Dude! That was a rental!" "I'll cut the cheese."

Hoping Moretti is gone for quite a while.

Abby's still struggling with the demon in the bottle.

Doogie Howser II had some good scenes, both sensitive and funny.

Didn't much care for the Tony and Sarah subplot.

grundle 11-16-07 01:59 AM

Oh wow! I hardly recognize any of the characters on this show anymore.

What happened to Dr. Peter Benton? Did his character leave the show? He was always my favorite.

Seantn 11-16-07 02:57 AM

Dr. Benton? He's been gone for about 5 years now!

grundle 11-16-07 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by Seantn
Dr. Benton? He's been gone for about 5 years now!

So I was right!

Thank you for answering.

conscience 11-16-07 06:50 AM

Frances Conroy! I was glad to see her on television again - even if it was for two minute scenes.

I hope this isn't the end of Moretti. They like getting rid of actors I enjoy watching.

Doogie Howser II had some good scenes, both sensitive and funny.
Definitely. My favorite part of the show tonight.

lordwow 11-16-07 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by grundle
Oh wow! I hardly recognize any of the characters on this show anymore.

What happened to Dr. Peter Benton? Did his character leave the show? He was always my favorite.

Spoiler:
He left to spend more time with his kid, otherwise he'd lose custody

nateman 11-16-07 12:44 PM

This episode was a huge improvement over last weeks episode, and the whole season in general. I’d even dare say this episode was good.

I agree with Patman, didn’t really care for the Tony and Sarah subplot. It felt in the way.

As a whole, I haven’t really liked the “Abby crawling back into the bottle” storyline, however, they have done a decent job with her this week and I wonder when Luka is going to find out/is he going to find out, about Abby’s problems.

I hate to see Tucci go, but they ruined his character by making him sleep with Abby in last week’s episode, “Blackout”.

Rogue588 11-16-07 01:35 PM

The only thing I can think about this episode (besides enjoying Morris and Doogie) was...what chat program was Tucci and his kid using?

grundle 11-16-07 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by lordwow
Spoiler:
He left to spend more time with his kid, otherwise he'd lose custody

Thanks.

grenier 11-16-07 03:32 PM

I missed the episode where they introduced Doogie, does he have a backstory or is he just a resident?

Patman 11-16-07 03:46 PM

He just showed up and got assigned to Neelah as her intern. Dubenko wanted Neelah to give him the rough treatment, but she would just fake getting tough with him while in Dubenko's presence, but she just can't be a total hard-ass on him all the time.

grenier 11-16-07 09:26 PM

Thanks Patman

FantasticVSDoom 11-16-07 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by nateman241
This episode was a huge improvement over last weeks episode, and the whole season in general. I’d even dare say this episode was good.

I agree with Patman, didn’t really care for the Tony and Sarah subplot. It felt in the way.

As a whole, I haven’t really liked the “Abby crawling back into the bottle” storyline, however, they have done a decent job with her this week and I wonder when Luka is going to find out/is he going to find out, about Abby’s problems.

I hate to see Tucci go, but they ruined his character by making him sleep with Abby in last week’s episode, “Blackout”.

I agree... Yeah the Tony and Sarah subplot sucked, but really, anything with Tony sucks. And as much as I hate Abby crawling back into the bottle, they did an excellent job with it this week.

Anyone else get a feeling that Neelah is going to sleep with Doogie Howser?

Patman 11-17-07 09:15 PM

Well, drunk Abby banged Moretti, so anything's possible on this show...

Rogue588 11-18-07 02:52 AM

I say again..

Originally Posted by Rogue588
...what chat program was Tucci and his kid using?

nateman 11-19-07 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Patman
Well, drunk Abby banged Moretti, so anything's possible on this show...

I’m still pulling for the return of Dr. Greene, from the dead!

ben12 11-19-07 12:53 PM

I think I'm the only one that likes John Stamos' character and the subplots with his daughter...

lordwow 11-19-07 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by nateman241
I’m still pulling for the return of Dr. Greene, from the dead!

The more of the older seasons I watch on DVD, the more I hope and pray...