DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Scrubs - "My Identity Crisis" 11/15/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/517329-scrubs-my-identity-crisis-11-15-07-a.html)

CKMorpheus 11-15-07 12:26 PM

Scrubs - "My Identity Crisis" 11/15/07

Spoiler:

The Janitor learns that J.D. uses nicknames for people in the hospital who's names he doesn't know, and challenges him to learn the real name of everyone in the hospital, otherwise J.D. will have to take over as the Janitor for a day. Also, Dr. Cox's family is away, and he realizes that he is lonely without them. Carla seeks Turk's reassurance over fears that their daughter won't accept her Latina heritage.

Love any episode that involves the Janitor as more than just a sideline joke or two.

zekeburger1979 11-15-07 10:07 PM

They just had to screw with us regarding finding out Janitor's name, didn't they? Excellent way to do it though.

I think a lot of female fans of Scrubs will be rewinding and watching one part over and over again.

Carla speaking only Spanish to Izzie was making me laugh especially since I knew Turk didn't really leave.

Is J.D. really that dense about his relationship with Dr. Cox?

Snowmaker 11-15-07 10:12 PM

The Todd sliding in in his banana hammock had me and my wife both :lol: :lol:

tofu 11-15-07 10:16 PM

Connecting "seeing him naked once" to Ronald was hilarious. I bet JD forgets the name the next day.

starman9000 11-16-07 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
They just had to screw with us regarding finding out Janitor's name, didn't they? Excellent way to do it though.

Wouldn't his name be Neil Flynn? He is the actor from the Fugitive afterall.

lordwow 11-16-07 08:11 AM

This was a good episode, it really felt like an early season episode with the Janitor/JD and JD/Cox bits.

Patman 11-16-07 08:58 AM

That was a good classic Scrubs episode with similar pacing and humor from the early years.

Palaver 11-16-07 10:03 AM

I agree. This was one of the better episodes in a long time. Everything reminded me of the old Scrubs. Loved "The Wave" in the beginning.

Draven 11-16-07 10:07 AM

I loved the janitor took the time to make slides showing his victory because he knew JD wouldn't get his name. His little "hey!" when the slide with his hands in the air came up made me laugh.

And can I say, once again, how much I appreciate Turk and Carla having a fairly stable, drama-free marriage (and a baby to boot.) So many shows would attempt to throw conflict after conflict at them. Nice to see some normality.

And yay to Ted's band! Always great to have them around.

snoogins 11-16-07 12:54 PM

Dr. Cox "Go to Hell Bob"
Dr Kelso "I didn't even say anything!"

nateman 11-16-07 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by snoogins
Dr. Cox "Go to Hell Bob"
Dr Kelso "I didn't even say anything!"

..."We’re cool"

Dr. Cox: "I can assure you, the one thing I am not is"
Dr. Kelso: "Strait?"
Dr. Cox: "Audience participation is now over!" :lol:

Classic Scrubs episode, that’s all I have to say. At the end of JD and the janitors “challenge”, when the janitor showed his own picture and knew that JD wouldn’t know the answer cause no one knows the janitors name, was great! Ted's band singing the CSI theme song/The Who's song: 'Who Are You?' was hilarious!

This episode did indeed go back to the classic humor of Scrubs.

hahn 11-16-07 05:48 PM

:lol: The Risky Business sequence was classic. Each person sliding in was completely unexpected. The Todd brought down the house. rotfl

bboisvert 11-16-07 06:05 PM

Ummm... what does Jordan say at the 5:48 mark at the nbc.com stream, at the end of the argument when they both pretend to be the other one crying (right before Risky Business).

It sounds like she calls Cox a "fsasg", but that can't be right, can it?

stevevt 11-16-07 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by bboisvert
Ummm... what does Jordan say at the 5:48 mark at the nbc.com stream, at the end of the argument when they both pretend to be the other one crying (right before Risky Business).

It sounds like she calls Cox a "fsasg", but that can't be right, can it?

Her line is "bag!" -- calling for her bag from JD.

In a related note, I had a hard time understanding at least 3 or 4 lines when I watched it live, but this wasn't one of them and I caught up on the rest when I watched a replay.

bboisvert 11-17-07 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by stevevt
Her line is "bag!" -- calling for her bag from JD.

Ah, OK. Rewatching it, it looks like that's the case. Both the word (and the JD "handoff") were edited a bit too quick to be clear.

I knew it couldn't be what I thought I heard. But I couldn't see what else it could be.