It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "The Gang Dances Their *** Off" 11/15/07

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-07, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "The Gang Dances Their *** Off" 11/15/07

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "The Gang Dances Their Asses Off" 11/15/07

Spoiler:
Charlie inadvertently puts Paddy's up as the grand prize in a dance marathon. The gang must then win the competition to keep the bar.

And since this is the season finale, y'all get an extra pic of Sweet Dee:

(I know we can't put swear words in thread titles, but is "ass" considered a curse? Either way, I chose to self-edit the thread title just in case.)
Old 11-15-07, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't wait!

And there can never be enough Sweet Dee pictures.
Old 11-15-07, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mmm Sweet Dee. Let's get some of the waitress too. Charlie Day's wife I believe.

This will be an amazing episode. I'm figuring anything involving music and the gang must be good. See: 'Dayman'.
Old 11-15-07, 11:38 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
This is the finale correct?
Old 11-15-07, 11:51 AM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has there been any word on the show being renewed for a 4th season yet?
Old 11-15-07, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
Mmm Sweet Dee. Let's get some of the waitress too. Charlie Day's wife I believe.

Mary Elizabeth Ellis

Originally Posted by sb5
No idea, but my roommate got something in the mail from Nielsen the other day. They gave him a few bucks in exchange for keeping a journal of his TV viewing for a week or two. Even though he already watches "Sunny" each week I implored him to put the show in his journal. It probably won't matter much at all, but every little bit helps.
Old 11-15-07, 02:45 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

It seems if FX is willing to renew Damages for 2 more seasons despite so-so ratings, they'd have no problem with giving another season to the (I'm assuming) much cheaper Always Sunny, but who knows?
Old 11-15-07, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sb5

Rob MacElhenney was on Preston & Steve here in Philly a couple weeks ago and he was saying that the ratins have double each year it's been on, so I doubt it's on the bouble for renewal. It is more likely that they won't sign any deals until the writers strike is settled (since the producers of the show also write every episode).

-Doc
Old 11-15-07, 02:58 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

You know for some reason I've never given this show a chance. I can't tell you why either. I think it might have to be one of those shows I see from the beginning. It looks funny and I've seen bits of episodes here and there but never one complete episode.
Old 11-15-07, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sb5
It seems if FX is willing to renew Damages for 2 more seasons despite so-so ratings, they'd have no problem with giving another season to the (I'm assuming) much cheaper Always Sunny, but who knows?
I kinda have to agree. This show is a bargain and ratings are doing gangbusters for an FX show. It will be back without a question. I'm sure the DVDs of S1 & S2 are doing well too (produced by FOX making them even more money!).
Old 11-15-07, 03:08 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

This was based on the last time around.. before the 3rd Season.

Though its ratings improved 15 percent over the previous season, Sunny averaged only 1.3 million total viewers last season, and didn't bring in big advertising dollars. Still, FX Entertainment chief John Landgraf has faith in the show.

"The bottom line is that I believe in it creatively," he says. "I think it's really funny, a comedic expression of FX's brand. I love working with the guys. We just had to figure out how to produce it more cost-efficiently."

To that end, creator-executive producer McElhenney and his costars agreed to no salary hikes until (or if) FX orders additional seasons.
Old 11-15-07, 06:14 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
This was based on the last time around.. before the 3rd Season.

Though its ratings improved 15 percent over the previous season, Sunny averaged only 1.3 million total viewers last season, and didn't bring in big advertising dollars. Still, FX Entertainment chief John Landgraf has faith in the show.

"The bottom line is that I believe in it creatively," he says. "I think it's really funny, a comedic expression of FX's brand. I love working with the guys. We just had to figure out how to produce it more cost-efficiently."

To that end, creator-executive producer McElhenney and his costars agreed to no salary hikes until (or if) FX orders additional seasons.
The most recent info I can find about their ratings since that story is from the Season 3 premiere:

"The premiere at 10 p.m. ET Thursday drew 2.33 million viewers, the biggest audience in the show's history. That's a 62-percent jump over the 1.7 million who watched the season-two debut in June 2006. "It's Always Sunny" also posted big gains among adults 18-49 (1.79 million viewers, up 77 percent over last year) and adults 18-34 (1.3 million, more than double the '06 premiere).

A second episode at 10:30 held onto most of that audience, snagging 1.86 million viewers and 1.41 million in the 18-49 demo."

I wonder how well it held onto those numbers for the entire 3rd season.
Old 11-15-07, 09:29 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 257 Likes on 194 Posts
"Your illiteracy screws us again"
Old 11-16-07, 01:50 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

I was hurting so bad watching this esp the end..

Ricket!!
Old 11-16-07, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

What's the deal on the BOGO TV seasons they were advertising for FYE?
Old 11-16-07, 07:52 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Great season finale. The dance-offs were fantastic.
Old 11-16-07, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
"No, I put it in the 'Pride' section..."

Last edited by Pointyskull; 11-16-07 at 12:56 PM.
Old 11-16-07, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
The season went by way too fast. I loved the double-episodes at first, but now I'm bummed that it's done already.
Old 11-16-07, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I was actually a little disappointed with this episode. It seems they reach for a lot of the same jokes. And while I know the whole, ignore what the person says and then pretend their idea is mine gag, has been around forever, it's not funny anymore. Stop doing it.

I did find the whole robo legs discussion funny though. Overall I just felt there were a few too many misses rather than laughs.
Old 11-16-07, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"I'm going to show you the cream of an 8th grade boy all over your face!"

That was probably the best line of the episode right there!
Old 11-16-07, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by gotrice487
"I'm going to show you the cream of an 8th grade boy all over your face!"

That was probably the best line of the episode right there!
The Hot white cream!
Old 11-16-07, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I was actually a little disappointed with this episode. It seems they reach for a lot of the same jokes. And while I know the whole, ignore what the person says and then pretend their idea is mine gag, has been around forever, it's not funny anymore. Stop doing it.
See, spainlinx, I don't think that'd work.. Why would we take advice from someone who is ranked number 5 anyways? I tell you what would work though.. Maybe we could not do so many jokes about ignoring what other people say and then pretend their idea is mine. Yeah, that would work.
Old 11-17-07, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just did a major spit-take. I'm watching the latest episode, and the line "I think we should just kick him in the dick" totally caught me off guard.
Old 11-19-07, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by spainlinx0

I did find the whole robo legs discussion funny though. Overall I just felt there were a few too many misses rather than laughs.
Really dude?? I finally got the 20 minutes to watch this episode ( really I just didn't want to be sad because the season was over so I was trying to save it for the perfect time) and damn I was laughing my ass off for most of the episode. I think the whole ignoring Sweet Dee then stealing her ideas is funny as hell.
Old 11-19-07, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I enjoyed the episode, but I felt that some of the bits had much more potential, but for some reason just didn't hit the right buttons.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.