TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dirty Sexy Money - The Wedding - 11/14/07

Old 11-14-07, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dirty Sexy Money - The Wedding - 11/14/07

The Wedding

Spoiler:
Lisa suspects that Nick is the reason for Karen's cold feet about marrying Freddy; Brian Jr.'s mother returns from her Brazilian getaway to reclaim him; Natalie Kimpton (Tamara Feldman) tries to make amends with Juliet.
Old 11-14-07, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh, Darlings, how I missed you last week!
Old 11-14-07, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just got caught up on this show. Must say - I love it. Definitely one of the better premier shows. Should've expected quality from Greg Berlanti and crew. Thankfully, I've dropped Journeyman, so I have time to watch this now.
Old 11-15-07, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Another great episode. I'm saddened by the apparent apathy towards it. Guess I should expect another Invasion
Old 11-15-07, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Fantastic episode. Looks like they've gotten past the introductions and are really starting to cut into the meat of the story.
Old 11-15-07, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Great episode. This has rapidly become one of my favourite new shows. I love Karen, so funny.
Old 11-16-07, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anyone notice the mother of the illegitimate son is a different actress than who we saw in the first episode?
Old 11-16-07, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Great episode and great to have it back. This and Pushing Daisies seem to be my fav new shows for the year.

Hope to see "Gustav" back soon.

Nice to see Patrick's wife come clean about her goals on getting to Washington.

A little shocked when Momma Darling said she was going to help Karen get Nick (for Nick's wife, I hope not)

at Karen's quickie annulement and Trip's reaction when he said it had to be some sort of record.
Old 11-16-07, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
Anyone notice the mother of the illegitimate son is a different actress than who we saw in the first episode?
The one in the first episode is the actress who plays Dr. Hahn in Grey's Anatomy. She must've taken the DSM role before learning that her role on GA was turned into a regular one.
Old 11-16-07, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
Until she starts stripping down to her lingerie like most of the other women on the show, I'm not really all that concerned.

The 45 minute marriage had me rolling on the floor. I hope this writes Freddie out of the show. I've never liked him. It's like he's a cardboard cutout with a movable mouth. His character has NO depth.

I also really hope we haven't seen the last of "Gustav". His father (Brian?) was pretty much a useless character until Gustav came along. He's done a 180 since the kid came along and I'd hate to see that change again.

I was surprised that the twins had almost no screen time in this episode. They've been so prominent in the past episodes. But I guess this was Karen's episode. I do hope they revisit the Jeremy story with him working in the garage.
Old 11-16-07, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by hahn
The one in the first episode is the actress who plays Dr. Hahn in Grey's Anatomy. She must've taken the DSM role before learning that her role on GA was turned into a regular one.
Yeah, the original was Brooke Smith (Silence of the Lambs), at first I was worried her role on Weeds would force the producers to replace her with someone else, but then she seemed to have been written out, now it appears her role on Grey's Anatomy will keep her from returning, now they bring in Sheryl Lee (Twin Peaks) which is awesome.
Old 11-16-07, 07:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Agreed that it was a solid episode this week -- things are starting to get interesting.
Old 11-16-07, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This show gets better and better week by week - let's hope it can pick up more viewers!
Old 11-17-07, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I like Blair whatshisface but having him as the Chip's rival doesn't work for me. I guess the while "Young greedy upstart" challenging the old money thing works on some level, but I'm not buying this whole "Rich Black Russian" thing they got going on here.

Anyway, great episode and i like that Baldwin's wife's true colors came out. Good for her. Don't let that golden goose fly away.
Old 11-17-07, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by John Slider
now they bring in Sheryl Lee (Twin Peaks) which is awesome.

I keep thinking of Sheryl naked on the bed in "Vampires" with yet another Baldwin Brother.
Old 11-17-07, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I love everybody on this show except the twins -- especially the sister. Can't they have her jump off a roof or something? Please?

Donald Sutherland is SUPERB as usual.
Old 11-17-07, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Flave

Donald Sutherland is SUPERB as usual.
His hair is pretty bitchen too.
Old 11-17-07, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Donald Sutherland is excellent! He was all kinds of great in this episode and showed many emotions while drunk.

I also just read that this got picked up for a full season. Let's hope the strike is settled soon as there are only four episodes left to air.

Last edited by conscience; 11-17-07 at 12:41 PM.