Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes -- "Four Months Ago" -- 11.12.2007

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-07, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I'm not sure it has ever been established that he has absorbed or has the powers of:

Molly
Parkman
The Haitian
Sylar (though what would the point of that be?)
Eden
Candace
his mother
Bob
Adam (but how could you tell the difference between Adam's power and Claire's?)
I'm pretty sure he has shown that he has Parkman's mind reading power and didn't he also pick up the super hearing power that Sylar has? I seem to recall him having the same trouble controlling it that Sylar did last season... a what about Nikki's strength?

Truth be told, the way his power works he could possess DOZENS of additional powers he doesn't even realize are available to him and thus never utilized/employed.
Old 11-13-07, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by derekjet
Is there only 3 episodes left in the season or 3 episodes left before hiatus (assuming that the writers strike is settled) ?
Spoiler:
The final episode shot has an alternate ending that turns it into the finale if necessary. Kring's mea culpa in EW also makes it seem like he might be content to end the show there and forego the rest of season 2 even if they settled the strike today. That's my read of it at least.
Old 11-13-07, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by rfduncan
I'm pretty sure he has shown that he has Parkman's mind reading power and didn't he also pick up the super hearing power that Sylar has? I seem to recall him having the same trouble controlling it that Sylar did last season... a what about Nikki's strength?

Truth be told, the way his power works he could possess DOZENS of additional powers he doesn't even realize are available to him and thus never utilized/employed.
Actually, I think you're right about both Parkman and the hearing. I'm not sure that means he has Sylar's core power, though. That gets down to whether Sylar has a power at all or if what he has is outside the realm of being a power, I suppose.
Old 11-13-07, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I'm pretty sure he has Nikki's strength from the final fight of last season.
Old 11-13-07, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by derekjet
Is there only 3 episodes left in the season or 3 episodes left before hiatus (assuming that the writers strike is settled) ?
could be both.
Old 11-13-07, 02:59 PM

I thought DL death was long overdue.. seem like they want Ali Larter character to become a village bicycle.... with DL, Nathan and Peter (so far)...... it'll be easier to get her to romantically involve with some other characters in the show

Also, I guess.. the writers miscalculated the reaction from the fan from last season.. they probably try to satisfy the female demographic with Claire storyline and Peter's constant shirtless scenes...., and I guess that most internet forum participants are guys and the sentimens are that guys don't like that romantic crap in their super hero show..... so I hope they realize this and get it fixing next Volume (whenver that maybe) more Chirtine Bell, Ali Later.. and that stubby cheerleader.. = more viewership!
Old 11-13-07, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
The Haitian can stop his powers, remember?

Haitian stops his powers and handcuffs him.

Haitian wipes his memories.

Now Peter doesn't remember he can just phase through the cuffs.
You're right, I forgot the Haitian has more than just the power to induce amnesia. (there is so much to keep track of on this show!)

As for Peter's other powers, IIRC he absorbs powers of anyone he meets and therefore has all of Sylar's powers (notably telekinesis), but he must also learn how to develop them once he realizes that he has them. So yes, we can assume that he now has the Haitian's powers in his repertoire.
Old 11-13-07, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Can he even get the Haitian's powers? If the Haitian is always suppressing powers, then how would Peter obtain them?
Old 11-13-07, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by gameover2k2
more Chirtine Bell

Kristen Bell. Show that goddess some respect.

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Can he even get the Haitian's powers? If the Haitian is always suppressing powers, then how would Peter obtain them?
Excellent point. If Peter's absorbomatic was shut down whenever the Haitian is around, how could it have mapped and thus mimic his power?

-Doc
Old 11-13-07, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
That's a good point, I suppose he would have to allow Peter to get them.
Old 11-13-07, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great episode
Old 11-13-07, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm not sure it has ever been established that he has absorbed or has the powers of:

Molly
Parkman
The Haitian
Sylar (though what would the point of that be?)
Eden
Candace
his mother
Bob
Adam (but how could you tell the difference between Adam's power and Claire's?)
Peter definitely got Parkman and Sylar's stolen powers. Remember Sylar stole the super hearing and last year we saw Peter using it. Also, the telekenisis (sp?) power from Sylar.
Old 11-13-07, 03:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm still not impress w/ Maya and what's his name.

Suck about DL.
Old 11-13-07, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
This is a real chicken/egg situation. I guess it depends on what happens first, The Hatian suppressing the power or Peter absorbing the power.
Old 11-13-07, 05:16 PM

The whole DL & Nikki flashback was so pointless.... They should have just let DL die at Kirby Plaza and left Nikki with one personality. Seriously, wasn't fans' #1 complaint about her that the whole Nikki/Jessica thing was tedious? Now we have Nikki/some High School ho?
I would have preferred to learn why it was necessary to ship Sylar to Mexico or wherever he was... or heck even how Matt & Mohinder became Molly's Two Dads.

Before the whole revelation that Nikki had a new strain of the virus, I had assumed that Maya's power was involved in the virus mutating and killing 93% of the population, and that was why we were being subjected to her & Alejandro all the time. They need to get them to New York and do whatever it is they're going to do with them. Last season people made it across the country between episodes, why is their drive taking all season?
Old 11-13-07, 05:19 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by gameover2k2
I thought DL death was long overdue..
We saw DL's tombstone in the first episode. Until last night, we had no reason to believe he had survived his encounter with Linderman.
Old 11-13-07, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Haitian is clearly not always on (we learned that with Nathan), so I guess it would come down to whose power has greater range between Peter and the Haitian and whose power reacts more quickly. Perhaps Peter could learn the power by seeing the Haitian use it from just outside the range of the blocking radius or by learning it really quickly prior to his power being stopped by the Haitian's.
Old 11-13-07, 06:30 PM

This is just fanboy speculation... but could you imagine how unstoppable and powerful Peter would be if he could absorb Micah's cousin's powers? Add the ability to do anything just by watching someone else do it and Peter becomes almost godlike...
Old 11-13-07, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SiberianLlama
This is just fanboy speculation... but could you imagine how unstoppable and powerful Peter would be if he could absorb Micah's cousin's powers? Add the ability to do anything just by watching someone else do it and Peter becomes almost godlike...
Until that happens, we'll just have to settle for the non-godlike, psychic, flying, invulnerable, lightning-shooting, potentially immortal, teleporting, time-travlling, super-strong, phasing version instead.
Old 11-13-07, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel
Until that happens, we'll just have to settle for the non-godlike, psychic, flying, invulnerable, lightning-shooting, potentially immortal, teleporting, time-travlling, super-strong, phasing version instead.

Plus heal people with his blood, and probably turning stuff into gold.
Old 11-13-07, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Peter, to my knowledge, has the powers of (among others):

Claire
Hiro
Ted
Claude
Elle (but not at the time of the explosion)
Nathan
DL
Nikki
as others have said, he also has Parkman's and the powers Sylar has (specifically hearing and Telekenesis), and also Isaac's.

as for this episode. i wish it had just been 30 minutes of the Peter/Nathan/Adam storyline. that was kind of cool, and yes, kristen bell was looking hot - especially her mini lightning orgasm.

The DL/Nikki/Micah story was the most pointless thing this show has EVER done. oh, DL didn't die from the Kirby Plaza shooting? Then he lives a few more weeks, then gets shot again? POINTLESS.

Then we get to see Maya/Alejandro again. What?! she bleeds from her eyes and people die? you don't say! never seen that before!
Old 11-13-07, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts
I now see why Stallone picked Milo (Peter). His Rocky mouth is bugging the crap out of me.
Old 11-14-07, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
Everyone has already covered the basics, and I agree this was a great episode. But I haven't really had any issues with this season either, as last season took an equally long time to get interesting to me.

That said, I was yelling at the TV while Peter was running from the Haitian "Fly you idiot!" I don't think he was close enough to supress his power yet. *sigh* That's the problem they've written themselves with Peter - they have to keep taking his powers away because otherwise he would be completely unstoppable. At least Sylar has to actually do something to gain a power. Peter might be picking them up from random "heroes" on the street for all we know.

Don't get me wrong, he and Claire are my favorite characters by far. I want him to be a complete badass. But it's a fine line.
Old 11-14-07, 02:46 AM

As far as Eden goes, we never saw them together. That isn't to say their paths didn't cross. We know she was in New York for a period.
Peter met Eden when he went to Mohinder's apartment in episode 1x4. He even shook her hand.

As for this episode, I loved it. The sequence with Peter and Nathan flying was awesome, I've rewatched it a few times already.

I'm not sure what Adam's up to, but I'm sure it's no good. Can't wait to find out his plan.
Old 11-14-07, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Peter gets powers by being near other people not by watching other people use thier power. Remember he got Ted's power but never seen Ted do anything.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.