The Amazing Race 12 -- "I've Become The Archie Bunker Of The Home" -- 11/11/07

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race 12 -- "I've Become The Archie Bunker Of The Home" -- 11/11/07

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-07, 04:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm wondering when they filmed in Amsterdam. I was there in July and it would have been cool to see them there.

Chris
Old 11-12-07, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought it was funny when Kynt acknowledged that he is a "little prissy."

It is so weird hearing him speak, because his accent is equal parts priss and Kentucky. Such an odd combination.
Old 11-12-07, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So pretty much like Andrew from Season 3.
Old 11-13-07, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mrpayroll
I'm wondering when they filmed in Amsterdam. I was there in July and it would have been cool to see them there.

Chris
Well, if you wouldn't have spent all your times smoking dope in the cafes, you may have seen them.
Old 11-13-07, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I have trouble looking at Jason, because his goatee only meets his mustache on one side of his face, and the other side doesn't (insert glass shattering noise).
Old 11-13-07, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Chris
According to the Timeline thread in TWOPs AR forum, the racers were in Amsterdam on July 11.

LB...
Old 11-13-07, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
I have trouble looking at Jason, because his goatee only meets his mustache on one side of his face, and the other side doesn't (insert glass shattering noise).
Yeah, that guy has really bad hair.
Old 11-13-07, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy

No idea what was up with Ronald, esp at the airport when he was telling Nick to be nicer to the Agent. STFU. If Nick is a jerk then you have more chance of being put on the plance..
at first i thought the same thing, but then i could see his point (even though he was an ass about it).

Let's say there's a group of sorority sisters, all wearing their letters on t-shirts. They all go to the mall. One girl is extremely bitchy and rude to the checkout people. The next sorority girl that comes up to check out could be the nicest girl in the world, but the checkout person would automatically assume she's a bitch just because she's associated with the other girl.

So in the amazing race, the sorority shirts are huge backpacks and camera people following you around.
Old 11-13-07, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by cdollaz
He also told her that she needed to lose weight.
at least he then said, "i should not have made that comment". I hate to see father/daughter issues. I hope they work it out. He was a huge ass to her.
Old 11-13-07, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by movieking

Man, I see it! Literally!

that will definitely bug me now.
Old 11-13-07, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by LaxBandit
According to the Timeline thread in TWOPs AR forum, the racers were in Amsterdam on July 11.

LB...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

We left on NWA # 8605 departs at 11:10 am on July 11th from Amsterdam and

Damn it, does anybody still have Sundays episode so they can tell me when they arrived at Amsterdam?

And just a little bit off topic, but Amsterdam has a gigantic Rave every year called Sensation. This year it was on Saturday night July 7th and we arrived in Amsterdam on Sunday July 8th around noon.

I would have loved to have gone to Sensation. Though I was able to download the video from this years Rave and that is where I saw the date.

Chris
Old 11-13-07, 12:14 PM

Though, remembering the airport, it is a massive airport (to me at least) and they could have been there at the same time and we would have never have known. It would have been cool to see them racing thru the airport.

Chris
Old 11-13-07, 12:26 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Schipol is huge, but I really think your chances of seeing the racers was slim, esp as you were flying international and they were on a domestic european flight.

Heck I was in Sydney for 10 days when the real world was filmed there, and was even in the area a lot where they lived, around the cargo bar etc, but never saw a peep of them.
Old 11-13-07, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Anyone get the idea that Ronald wanted Christina to be a male child of his?
Old 11-13-07, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
Anyone get the idea that Ronald wanted Christina to be a male child of his?
Oh yeah!

It seems like there is a lot of resentment on his part. I don't know if she has any brothers, but if she doesn't, then it is pretty clear. Many in the Asian culture (even here in the states) always want a male child to carry on their legacy and to take care of the parents when they are older.

Chris
Old 11-13-07, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's funny that Vyxsin spells her name that way. So dorky.

Christina seems so sweet and patient with her father. What a tool.
Old 11-13-07, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The really bad thing about Ronald is that he doesn't even seem to pull his weight. He didn't want to do the furniture lifting thing but then when they decided to do the "easier" task, he kept talking about an ocean of bicycles. Just support the decision that she made.
Old 11-13-07, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
Oh yeah!

It seems like there is a lot of resentment on his part. I don't know if she has any brothers, but if she doesn't, then it is pretty clear. Many in the Asian culture (even here in the states) always want a male child to carry on their legacy and to take care of the parents when they are older.

Chris
according to the cbs bio, Ronald's proudest achievement is his 31 year marriage and raising two independent daughters.
Old 11-14-07, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Damn it, does anybody still have Sundays episode so they can tell me when they arrived at Amsterdam?

Chris
I don't have the episode saved so I can't go back to check on what times CBS posted as their arrivial time, if they even listed them (it was one of the rare cases where I actually watched AR "LIVE" and not taped/dvd-r it to watch later) but according to the Timeline thread on TWOPS AR forum:

Plane #1 arrived between 9:45 am - 12:15 pm.
Plane #2 arrived between 11:30 am - 2:01 pm.

Yeah a big time window there but it looks like you could have had the chance to see the teams who were on Plane #1 - the teams not consisting of Ronald & Christina, Kate & Pat and Marianna & Julia who were on Plane #2.

LB...
Old 11-14-07, 10:36 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Every time I see Northwest Airlines abreviated as NWA, I imagine Eazy-E, bursting through the door, gun in hand -- "Straight outta cocpkit!"

Spoiler:
Joke shamelessly stolen from Brian Posehn