Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race 12 -- "I've Become The Archie Bunker Of The Home" -- 11/11/07

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-07, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally Posted by JasonF
"In this detour, teams must choose between two activities traditionally associated with Amsterdam: Smoke a Bowl or Sex Show."

I think Gramps did opt for the sex show.
Old 11-12-07, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
I wish he would have opted for punching Ronald in the mouth at the airport.
Old 11-12-07, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ronald is the douchiest of douchebag. If I was Christina, I would go tell him to F himself. "you have disappointed me" WTF? How could you say that to your daughter in national TV? Fuck, it's a teamwork show and you're the one that failed your daughter.
Old 11-12-07, 10:51 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
This year's token "guy who is a jerk to his girlfriend" contestant (can't remember the name) must be thanking his lucky stars that Ronald is on the show.
Old 11-12-07, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Groucho
This year's token "guy who is a jerk to his girlfriend" contestant (can't remember the name) must be thanking his lucky stars that Ronald is on the show.
She is his equal as she has proven to be nothing but a snarky bitch so far.
Old 11-12-07, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by zuffy
"you have disappointed me" WTF? How could you say that to your daughter in national TV?
He also told her that she needed to lose weight.
Old 11-12-07, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"In this detour, teams must choose between two activities traditionally associated with Amsterdam: Smoke a Bowl or Sex Show."
...each with its own pros and cons.
Old 11-12-07, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This is the first time I've watched the show. What's up with that asshole allowing his grandfather to swing across the creek?
Old 11-12-07, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LiquidSky
This is the first time I've watched the show. What's up with that asshole allowing his grandfather to swing across the creek?
In a non-race situation, it's cool that gramps wanted to try it, and that grandson supported it. However, in this situation, where you can't switch should one racer not be able to do a task, it was a stupid race decision since the grandson likely would have taken a fraction of the time.
Old 11-12-07, 12:12 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
It looked like an easy task though to be fair. and I don't know as in other years if each person has to do an equal share of roadblocks.
Old 11-12-07, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by cdollaz
In a non-race situation, it's cool that gramps wanted to try it, and that grandson supported it. However, in this situation, where you can't switch should one racer not be able to do a task, it was a stupid race decision since the grandson likely would have taken a fraction of the time.

I doubt very much that it took them very long (at most 20-30 minutes) since they could try again and again until they completed it. The gramps team saw some other teams complete the task relatively quickly so it wasn't the worst decision. It wasn't a roadblock that took hours to finish or had the person running around for miles or eating pounds of meat.

Edit: I do have a feeling that there is a specific rule about equal numbers of roadblocks by each partner (even if it is not mentioned anymore) since TAR has wanted an all female team to win the race for some time now.

Last edited by chowderhead; 11-12-07 at 01:01 PM.
Old 11-12-07, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts
Guys that can't tie knots
Old 11-12-07, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by chowderhead
Edit: I do have a feeling that there is a specific rule about equal numbers of roadblocks by each partner (even if it is not mentioned anymore) since TAR has wanted an all female team to win the race for some time now.
This is somewhat correct. Each team member has a maximum number of roadblocks they can do (6?). I think it was instigated because of Flo and Zack.

Also, the teams don't know what exactly the task is they'll be doing until after they pick. All they get is a vague clue (in this case "Which team member is more acrobatic?") -- which makes Kynt's remark about the sheep even more disturbing.
Old 11-12-07, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Also, the teams don't know what exactly the task is they'll be doing until after they pick. All they get is a vague clue (in this case "Which team member is more acrobatic?") -- which makes Kynt's remark about the sheep even more disturbing.
Many times I think that is the case, but last night they showed gramps/grandson watching the other teams before deciding who would do it.

I can't imagine the answer to "Which team member is more acrobatic?" ever being a 60-something as opposed to his young grandson.
Old 11-12-07, 01:32 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

A Lot of times you can't see the task, last night as it was in a field, and Holland is flat as, then it was pretty easy to make out the task.
Old 11-12-07, 01:53 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by devilshalo
Guys that can't tie knots
Ironically, the dude who doesn't want to marry his girlfriend had no trouble with this task.
Old 11-12-07, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
This is somewhat correct. Each team member has a maximum number of roadblocks they can do (6?). I think it was instigated because of Flo and Zack.
actually, I think Phil specifically mentioned the rule (no more than 6 per partner) after the debacle that was season 5 where in the top three teams, the guys did all but one of the roadblocks. Flo and Zac was season 3 and they still had a very unbalanced participation in season 4 (i.e. Tian did all the roadblocks, Jon did all but 2).
Old 11-12-07, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mr. “Who’s Your Daddy?” A.K.A. Ronald was a complete douche to his daughter and for someone who’s trying to make up for not being they’re when she was a kid, he’s really doing a piss poor job of making it up. Unless his version of making it up is being a complete douche, then he’s doing a great job!

I like the Grandfather/Grandson team. “I have no comment” was pretty good coming from the kid when his Grandpa was strippin’ down so he could have a better chance of doing the jump across the mud challenge. Gotta’ give it to the old fool, he’s a tough bugger.

What was up with Mr. “Who’s Your Daddy?” A.K.A. Ronald talking with the grandson kid and telling him that he was a little pushy with the ticket lady? I mean, I think he realized that he was a bit pushy but sometimes you getting a little excited when you’re in a hurry.

The so-called “Goth” couple are just, I don’t know…. Not really Gothic. I guess pink is the new black. Plus, the girlfriend is doing all the work on these challenges and the guy is doing fu*k all.

Sad to see the lesbian religious couple get the boot this week.
Old 11-12-07, 02:59 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I wanted to punch Ronald right in the face, what an ass. He seemed so nice in the first episode then he turned into a creep.
Old 11-12-07, 03:03 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

I'm enjoying the 'goths'
Old 11-12-07, 03:06 PM

i loved the camera pan shot as (i think it was) kynt and vyxen pedaling past the mat.
Old 11-12-07, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I liked that one also, with Phil in the background. I was wondering if Phil would give the point.
Old 11-12-07, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
I'm enjoying the 'goths'
I think they're great simply because the other teams get outraged every time they do well on a challenge.

Last edited by Groucho; 11-12-07 at 03:26 PM. Reason: GRAMMAR OH GOD
Old 11-12-07, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think they're great simply because the other teams get outraged every time they do well on a challenge.
I noticed that too. Everytime they do well, someone makes a comment.
Old 11-12-07, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,017 Likes on 628 Posts
Ironically, the dude who doesn't want to marry his girlfriend had no trouble with this task.

Originally Posted by chowderhead
actually, I think Phil specifically mentioned the rule (no more than 6 per partner) after the debacle that was season 5 where in the top three teams, the guys did all but one of the roadblocks.
Yeah, it is known to some as the "Chip and Kim Roadblock Rule."

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.