Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: China - 11/08/07

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will be voted off tonight?!
Amanda
0%
Courtney
0%
Denise
0%
Erik
0%
Frosti
0%
James
0%
Jean-Robert
90.00%
Peih-Gee
0%
Todd
0%
Some new crazy-ass Survivor twist
10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-07, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Episode 8

Title:

Spoiler:
High School Friend Contest

Description:

Spoiler:

One castaway collects random items during the night in hopes that one of them is a hidden immunity idol; Todd proposes blindsiding James, who has two immunity idols; seven of the nine players arrive at tribal council without their bags, confident that they will not be voted out.

Old 11-08-07, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Ugh.....they better not blindside James.

EDIT: Glad to see how that ended. Todd's face was great during the reading of the votes as well as JR's lol.

Last edited by Quack; 11-08-07 at 07:59 PM.
Old 11-08-07, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts
Loved some of Courtney's comments in this episode. Personally, I never would have thought to compare Jean-Robert to Susan Lucci, but she made it work.
Old 11-08-07, 09:07 PM

Received 798 Likes on 521 Posts
Loved Tribal Council this week!

I never thought we'd see a challenge that would suit that lazy little whisp... but they did.
Old 11-08-07, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Yeah, hey 20 lbs of weight hardly raised the center of gravity at all.
Old 11-08-07, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I think that
Spoiler:
James realized he had better start carrying (and using) an immunity idol to each tribal council from now on unless he wins individual immunity. His look said it all.
Old 11-08-07, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I really hope its Peih Gee next week. I can't stand her.

I gotta admit, Courtney's growing on me. She may be a terrible player at this game but I can imagine myself being friends with her. And add 40 lbs and I can see myself wanting to hit that.

I loved JR's end. He thought he had this game well in hand. He thought he had the immunity idol and he was certain that James was getting the boot.
Old 11-08-07, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
JR is fucking clueless. From his exit interview, it seems he really believes he was the best player out there.
Old 11-08-07, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
I'm shocked, shocked Jean-Robert's foolproof strategy of being lazy and antagonistic failed.

Unpixelate Amanda's ass, thanks.

I still like James but they really blew their best chance to boot him.
Old 11-08-07, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just when I was starting to think Courtney may suprass Katie as the most useless Survivor ever, she goes and wins a challenge.....though it helped the challenge was tailor made for her. Still, I dig her attitude. Anyone that gives some lip back to Jiffy Pop is ok by me.

James is starting to become one of my all-time favorites and I hope he wins this thing....though dude better start bringing those idols with him to tribal. Glad that Jean-Slobert is gone, easily my least favorite of the season.

Oh, and CBS can stop with the blurring out of Amanda's ass anytime they like.
Old 11-08-07, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
They should have inserted one last Courtney eyeroll at the end of JR's closing comments.
Old 11-09-07, 12:03 AM

I'm guessing all of you who are warming to Courtney are from New York.
Old 11-09-07, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Why are they blurring Amanda's ass?? It's covered! Kind of.

Jean Robert is the absolute DUMBEST survivor ever. Seriously - he's so stupid, it's painful to watch and listen to him. Thankfully, he's gone.
Old 11-09-07, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by TwineTime
Anyone who tells Probst to shut-up has my full support.

Originally Posted by hahn
Why are they blurring Amanda's ass?? It's covered! Kind of.
I'm surprised they aren't blurring Amanda's chest too, because we get a pretty sweet view when the camera is aimed at the right angle.
Old 11-09-07, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nope, Illinois, but I can appreciate someone who is sarcastic to the point of actually becoming sardonic. She has a number of real faults (including being pretty much awful at the game), but she definitely has her moments.
Old 11-09-07, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Nope, Illinois, but I can appreciate someone who is sarcastic to the point of actually becoming sardonic. She has a number of real faults (including being pretty much awful at the game), but she definitely has her moments.
I'll give her credit for one pretty clever quip which I'm sure will make it into next week's EW Sound Bites - "[Jean-Robert's] the Susan Lucci of Tribal Council!"

But other than that, she was her usual oblivious annoying self. How about a little acknowledgment from her that she won immunity because she weighs next to nothing?
Old 11-09-07, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by hahn
I'll give her credit for one pretty clever quip which I'm sure will make it into next week's EW Sound Bites - "[Jean-Robert's] the Susan Lucci of Tribal Council!"

But other than that, she was her usual oblivious annoying self. How about a little acknowledgment from her that she won immunity because she weighs next to nothing?
I thought she laughed at herself winning that competition a couple of times. And the Susan Lucci comment wasn't her only one. She had a couple zingers for Jeff during the immunity challenge, and she's always fun at tribal council. I'm not saying that she's playing a good game or anything, or even that she's a pleasant person to be around; I'm just saying that she is usually pretty good about bringing the funny 2 or 3 times an episode.
Old 11-09-07, 03:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Woohoo! Buh-bye @$$hole!

Great episode.

It's good to know that Courtney still doesn't have to do shit and she still gets by. She's safe for three more days, and that means she's not going to eat for another 3 days (yeah low blow).
Old 11-09-07, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love the fact that Jean Robert was pretty much safe for this council until he suggested that they do exactly what everyone else was planning on doing in the first place.

Amanda was even hotter with the glasses on. I think I'm in love.
Old 11-09-07, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mwbmis
I thought she laughed at herself winning that competition a couple of times. And the Susan Lucci comment wasn't her only one. She had a couple zingers for Jeff during the immunity challenge, and she's always fun at tribal council. I'm not saying that she's playing a good game or anything, or even that she's a pleasant person to be around; I'm just saying that she is usually pretty good about bringing the funny 2 or 3 times an episode.
Agreed. I love her sarcasm. Even at TC when Jeff asked her if she wanted to give up immunity she said "Nope, screw you guys". Nothing special, it just seems like I know and am friends with a lot of people like that.

And yes, I'm from New York.
Old 11-09-07, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nope. I don't care for Courtney but found myself rooting for her. I'm glad she won the immunity challenge.
Old 11-09-07, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think they made a big mistake last night getting of rid of JR.
Amanda is the only one thinking straight. They should have voted off PG.
They lost JR's vote and the majority last night.

Todd, James and Amanda will vote together.
Denise seems like she's ready to turn. PG is going to try and get her and Courtney to vote with herself, Eric and Frosti.
Even if she just gets Courtney it a 4-4 tie.

Why would Frosti stick with James, Todd and Amanda ? He knows he will be the 1st to go out of them and there's no way he's beating James in anything.

PG is going to do everythig she can on the next show to get Frosti, Denise and Courtney to form an alliance with her and James. If they do form an alliance, Frosti and Eric will be in good shape winning immunity against Denise, Courtney and PG.

They should have gotten rid of PG 1st, then voted out JR. There was no need to vote him out before PG. He doesn't have the idol and he's not going to win immunity.
Old 11-09-07, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts
I usually fast-forward through the opening credits but this time I noticed they listed only the remaining members plus credited Jaime as being in the jury. Have they done this for a while and I just missed it?
Old 11-09-07, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Struz
I think they made a big mistake last night getting of rid of JR.
Amanda is the only one thinking straight. They should have voted off PG.
They lost JR's vote and the majority last night.

Todd, James and Amanda will vote together.
Denise seems like she's ready to turn. PG is going to try and get her and Courtney to vote with herself, Eric and Frosti.
Even if she just gets Courtney it a 4-4 tie.

Why would Frosti stick with James, Todd and Amanda ? He knows he will be the 1st to go out of them and there's no way he's beating James in anything.

PG is going to do everythig she can on the next show to get Frosti, Denise and Courtney to form an alliance with her and James. If they do form an alliance, Frosti and Eric will be in good shape winning immunity against Denise, Courtney and PG.

They should have gotten rid of PG 1st, then voted out JR. There was no need to vote him out before PG. He doesn't have the idol and he's not going to win immunity.
True. I'm surprised Todd wanted JR out so quickly. It seemed that JR was willing to vote for whoever Todd told him to vote for. On the other hand, getting rid of JR solidifies Courtney in that alliance. She was all about getting rid of him.

I didn't see the end where they showed who voted for who but I think Denise voted for PG while the weaker alliance voted for James and Frosti, the swing vote voted with the bigger alliance. I think Frosti is making the right moves. If he jumps onto the weaker alliance it would just be him, PG, Erik with the possibility of Denise. The other is a solid group of James, Courtney, Todd and Amanda. He also won't be the first to go in that alliance since they're already looking for ways to get rid of James (I think next week they'll get rid of PG and then the week after they'll blindside James and get rid of him instead of Erik). I think Denise will end up getting the axe before Frosti too. If the alliances work out the way they're supposed to then I can see Courtney, Frosti, Todd and Amanda in the final 4. You have to like Frosti's chances there.
Old 11-09-07, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
Not keeping Denise in the fold may screw the power group. She obviously knows now that they do not confide in her so she is a prime candidate for flipping sides. She kinda got screwed on the reward challenge as well. I thought for sure the last picked would automatically get the reward, but it was the opposite.

Anyone else think Pei Wei has kind of a retard face?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.