DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Smallville -- "Wrath" -- 11/08/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/516621-smallville-wrath-11-08-07-a.html)

LorenzoL 11-08-07 04:54 AM

Smallville -- "Wrath" -- 11/08/07

"Wrath"
Spoiler:
Lana absorbs Clark's powers during a lightning storm, which she uses to break into Lex's safe and steal some incriminating evidence. After being turned away by Grant at the Daily Planet, who won't accept her stolen evidence, Lana goes after Lex herself. Clark tries to rescue Lex, but must first battle the super-powered Lana.

First Aired: Thursday November 8, 2007

Giantrobo 11-08-07 04:55 AM

This ep looks pretty lame but I'll watch. :lol:

More Lana... :down: Zzzzzzzzzz

Ranger 11-08-07 08:10 PM

Wow, this was actually MUCH better than I expected even with a lot of Lana. The score was well done.

Patman 11-08-07 08:11 PM

I'll have to file this episode under "Ugh".

Lana getting super powers was kinda fun in the first 3 minutes (guess she wasn't going to let her former status of "woman of kleenex" pass her by when she got upgraded to "woman of steel").

Lois and the editor? Eh. Editor has the slowest file deletion program evah!

Lana's Isis "Peeping Lex" operation is now ovah!

Clark and Lana's relationship is reset again since Clark fears for Lana's sanity after learning about her psychotic actions of late (Lex-cam and Lionel in "Misery" mode).

dpz301 11-08-07 08:21 PM

interesting episode. i could do without lois and the editor. looked like to me that they are setting up a possible lana/chloe show down.

Ranger 11-08-07 08:23 PM

I'm straight but I think the editor's pretty good looking. He and Lois would be a cute couple. :)

Patman 11-08-07 08:28 PM

Lois sort of looks like a cougar next to the editor. :D

Ranger 11-08-07 08:29 PM

The new hair is pretty bad. :lol:

Patman 11-08-07 08:29 PM

Yeah, that's cougar hair.

Giantrobo 11-08-07 10:17 PM

Soooo...in tonight's ep...and in reference to the "tremors around Smallville" ;)...are they saying that Clark hasn't "hit anything" since the series started because there was no one who could withstand his Kryptonian physiology until Lana shared his powers????

He musta busted a big one....

Patman 11-08-07 10:23 PM

Didn't Clark and Lana hit it when Clark was powerless early in one of the past 2-3 seasons?

Giantrobo 11-08-07 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
Didn't Clark and Lana hit it when Clark was powerless early in one of the past 2-3 seasons?

I don't know, you tell me. Tonight Chloe said to Lana that she thought that they couldn't do it due to the differences.

ThePrimeDreamer 11-08-07 11:36 PM

They got it on a few times back when Clark was de-powered and I guess this was the first time they got it on again.

Giantrobo 11-09-07 12:23 AM

Ooooh, ok. Thanks guys.

< Still doesn't like this version of Lana even if Clark <i>thinks</i> he does. :D

starseed1981 11-09-07 07:42 AM

Smallville is one of my favorite shows. But seriously, this is turning into season 6 of Buffy. Frak everything Lana related and frak that stupid ass editor. I hope James Marsters returns as a kryptonite infused Spike and rips both their throats out soon. Because both of them are pretty unwatchable at this point.

Doc MacGyver 11-09-07 08:29 AM

I know this is so fanboy geeky it's ridiculous, but am I the only one pissed off about the "no-banging" thing? I mean we know he can bang regular chicks. He married Lois. In other continuities they've had kids. He can control his powers, so it's not like he's going to accidentally snap her spine. Plus, it's not like causes a hurricane everytime he exhales, so what makes him think he'll < Brodie> Blow a load like a shotgun out her back < / Brodie>? Does he <i>know</i> this for a fact? Does the ceiling above his bed look like it was riddled with bullets from his teenage years? At first I just thought it was some puritanical network note, but after the bang-session that had foundations cracking all over the midwest (which was HILARIOUS, by the by), now I just think it's an unneccessary story point.

-Doc

rfduncan 11-09-07 09:39 AM

So wait, that whole Isis mythology Lana was trying to explain to Chloe made NO sense. Isis isn't a goddess of vengeance... This episode was only good for the potential of having Fine return. I'll forgive it if that happens.

How many of these are in the can? Is it going to be affected by the strike?

mrpayroll 11-09-07 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger
I'm straight but I think the editor's pretty good looking. He and Lois would be a cute couple. :)

I think he's good looking also and I like his character better than Lois.

Chris

devilshalo 11-09-07 12:06 PM

Only because he looks like Ollie.

DJariya 11-09-07 12:33 PM

I liked the episode, but I'm finding that Lois is becoming more of an annoyance than actually adding anything to the show.

I don't like Michael Cassidy at all as the chief of the Daily Planet. They need to hire Michael McKean back as Perry White.

I've been a "Clana" supporter since season 1 and absolutely love Kristin Kreuk, so I will never have a bad thing to say about that storyline.

It's sucks that we're only getting 15 episodes this season.

RocShemp 11-09-07 01:46 PM

The editor looks like a stand-in for Ollie but he's a terrible actor. I actually like the character but I wish he were recast.

Lois' hair was terrible.

This episode is the first one this season I can say I totally hate. (And I didn't much care for the whole Queen of Corn storyline a few episodes back.)

The only redeeming aspect of this episode was that Brainiac will apparently return. The rest was filler.

mrpayroll 11-09-07 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya

And it would suck if this is indeed the last season of Smallville. I was fine with them ending after this season, but after 22 episodes, not 15.

And if the rumors are true about Michael Rosenbaum not coming back as Lex Luther after this season, then I don't see a need for the show to continue.

Chris

riley_dude 11-09-07 05:05 PM

Wow, this was actually MUCH better than I expected even with a lot of Lana. The score was well done.

I thought so too. It sounded like it might be a disaster but was actually pretty good.
Love the tremors when Lana and Clark were "Doing it."

Loved Chloe telling Lana she was going to keep an eye on her. I like that the show has become a bit darker.
So what is this black good going to do?

jpdude 11-09-07 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya

:sad: Tell Me About It!!! :sad:

riley_dude 11-10-07 11:23 AM

Because of the strike?