DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   How I Met Your Mother - 11/05/07 - "Dowisetrepla" (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/516376-how-i-met-your-mother-11-05-07-dowisetrepla.html)

Charlie Goose 11-05-07 01:31 PM

How I Met Your Mother - 11/05/07 - "Dowisetrepla"

http://alpha.cbs.com/primetime/how_i_met_your_mother/

When Lily and Marshall decide to buy an apartment, not only do they make every mistake in the book, but Marshall also discovers Lily's dirty little financial secret when they apply for a loan. TVPG-DL
Looks like Lily's shopping addiction is going to catch up to her.

zekeburger1979 11-05-07 01:47 PM

I'm glad the writers are dealing with Lily's shopping addiction right away instead of making it a one time thing and then forgetting about it.

movieking 11-05-07 02:31 PM

Agreed. Let's see what happens. What the hell does the title mean though?

Raul3 11-05-07 11:27 PM

Another great episode.

I didn't get tired with the "...that's what he'd had said" lines.

mikehunt 11-06-07 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by movieking
Agreed. Let's see what happens. What the hell does the title mean though?

down wind of the sewage treatment plant

movieking 11-06-07 05:55 AM

Yeah, got that after seeing the show. It was only an okay episode. I was kinda surprised that Marshall and Lilly didn't find Barney's blonde friend and her mother when they went to their apartment at the end.

Loved the callback to Marshall shaving his head as well.

D'ohboy 11-06-07 06:32 AM

I was kinda surprised that Marshall and Lilly didn't find Barney's blonde friend and her mother when they went to their apartment at the end.

Blonde April Bowlby = :(

Charlie Goose 11-06-07 07:30 AM

I was kinda surprised that Marshall and Lilly didn't find Barney's blonde friend and her mother when they went to their apartment at the end.

With this show, it doesn't mean we won't see her again next week, still waiting. :)

Another heartwarming story for Ted to tell the kids about how Uncle Barney had sex with some dumb chick and then abandoned her in a stolen apartment.

movieking 11-06-07 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Another heartwarming story for Ted to tell the kids about how Uncle Barney had sex with some dumb chick and then abandoned her in a stolen apartment.

Not wonder she can't remember anything on Desperate Housewives. She's blocked out everything because of all of the creepy stuff that Ted has told her.

Daytripper 11-06-07 12:14 PM

This was the first time I watched the show in it's entirety and really enjoyed it. Had to give it another chance after reading so many great things about it. I caught the very first (or second?) episode during it's first season and didn't like the chemistry or writing much. Going to stick with it.

BTW, did anyone else not notice the bad BAD plastic surgery the girl who played Janice on "Friends" has had done? Can't place my finger on what she did. But she looks terrible. Face lift? Jaw reconstruction?

shumway 11-06-07 12:28 PM

I thought this episode was better than last weeks but still not as good as 2 weeks ago. Loved what the title actually meant. I couldn't believe that they would be dumb enough to take a home loan at 18%. Hell, that's bad enough for a car loan, but, crap, for an apartment in NYC?

jjcool 11-06-07 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Daytripper
BTW, did anyone else not notice the bad BAD plastic surgery the girl who played Janice on "Friends" has had done? Can't place my finger on what she did. But she looks terrible. Face lift? Jaw reconstruction?

I thought that was her, but I wasnt quite sure. IMDB didnt have the episode listed yet and I didnt catch the credits. She definitely had somethign done, but I cant quite figure out what it is. I almost didnt recognize her with her normal voice.

kvrdave 11-06-07 04:10 PM

The only irritating thing I found was that they actually went ahead and bought a place at 18%.

Brack 11-06-07 04:15 PM

I still like it, but not nearly as good as last season.

Bluelitespecial 11-06-07 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by jjcool
I thought that was her, but I wasnt quite sure. IMDB didnt have the episode listed yet and I didnt catch the credits. She definitely had somethign done, but I cant quite figure out what it is. I almost didnt recognize her with her normal voice.

I knew that was janice, I really enjoyed this episode and besides only a few more weeks until the Slap countdown is done.

aktick 11-06-07 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by kvrdave
The only irritating thing I found was that they actually went ahead and bought a place at 18%.

New Yorkers for ya, eh? :rolleyes: :p

Flave 11-07-07 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by D'ohboy
Blonde April Bowlby = :(

Wasn't she the really hot ditz on 2 1/2 Men?

Charlie Goose 11-07-07 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by kvrdave

Well, Future Ted did mention that Future Marshall considered it one of the biggest mistakes of his life.

mikehunt 11-07-07 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Flave

I think so

madcougar 11-07-07 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Flave

Yep. I didn't really care for her as a blond either... or wearing so much clothes. Her appearances on Two and a Half Men spoiled me.