DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Curb Your Enthusiasm - "The Therapists" - 11/4/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/516304-curb-your-enthusiasm-therapists-11-4-07-a.html)

redrum 11-04-07 08:11 PM

Curb Your Enthusiasm - "The Therapists" - 11/4/07

http://www.hbo.com/larrydavid/img/ho...06/ep59_01.jpg

Spoiler:
This week, Larry tries to curry favor with Cheryl by influencing her therapist in Episode 59: "The Therapists."

cungar 11-04-07 09:37 PM

Great episode. Steve Coogan was brilliant (as usual).

However... the mugging arrest didn't make sense because the cops couldn't have arrested Coogan for a crime without a statement from the victim (and how would they have known he mugged somebody unless the lady or Larry told the cops he was the mugger). I know it's a comedy but that was a pretty huge plot hole.

One word about the end. Larry is f**ked.

HE Pennypacker 11-04-07 09:59 PM

So is this the penultimate episode?

cracksky 11-04-07 10:00 PM

That was one of the best overall stories Curb has had so far.

If Leon's character doesn't get spun off from this, all is not right with this world. All he has to do is open his mouth and it's funny.

Geofferson 11-04-07 10:04 PM

^ Agreed - Leon definitely needs a spin-off.

andicus 11-05-07 01:12 AM

Great episode! Steve Coogan rocks. I'm so glad they really featured him in the episode, rather than a small role. He and Larry worked very well together.

And yeah, Leon was excellent as usual, too.

"I walk by. I grab the fuckin' purse. I run down the street, Larry pops the fuck out, tackles me, try to get the purse back. I fuck Larry up, and keep on rolling." rotfl

My favourite episode, so far, this season.

Patman 11-05-07 09:49 AM

In a season filled with mostly home runs and triples, I thought tonight's was more of a double. I sort of like Larry without Cheryl (Cheryl's character has never really done much for me).

movieking 11-05-07 10:22 AM

I didn't really care for this episode.

andicus 11-05-07 10:50 AM

I almost forgot Marty's description of what his father-in-law does because of his Alzheimers? "He runs around the house all day, naked, chasing himself, playing tag. He screams at the cat 'cause she didn't vote. Every time he farts, he calls the fire department." :lol:

vegasbaby 11-05-07 08:59 PM

Isnt Steve Coogan the guy who got Owen Wilson hooked on Heroin?

movieking 11-06-07 06:04 AM

Yeah, Courtney Love said that Coogan kept giving Wilson drugs even though he was trying to kick the habit. Of course, not sure if I trust what she says, but it is out there.

andicus 11-06-07 08:49 AM

I'm of the opinion that unless Steve Coogan held Owen down and forced him to take heroin, Owen got himself hooked.

islandclaws 11-06-07 10:59 AM

Another great episode. Leon continually proves why he so desperately needs his own series. I'm thinking Larry's not fucked after the final phone call. Maybe Cheryl will be impressed he went through so much trouble to get her back. Either way it was pretty damn funny how he came up with that whole plan. I loved how Larry donated the $250 even though you could tell he hated doing it, then he gives Funkhauser shit for not walking.

firteen88 11-06-07 11:37 AM

Thought this was one of the least funny episodes of the series

Drop 11-06-07 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by cracksky
That was one of the best overall stories Curb has had so far.

Originally Posted by firteen88
Thought this was one of the least funny episodes of the series

Hmm, typical Curb reaction. That just tells me Curb is as good as it's ever been.

firteen88 11-06-07 05:43 PM

Curb is def as good as it's ever been. in fact, this may be the best season yet. I just wasn't a big fan of this episode. The only times I laughed were during Leons scenes. This show is still the funniest on TV.

movieking 11-06-07 06:23 PM

When I see the title, all I can hear in my head is Will Ferrell as Sean Connery saying "The Rapists"

chanster 11-06-07 06:30 PM

Pretty, pretty good..even if the main plot point was stolen straight from Kingpin..and Kingpin did it pretty good too.

saoirse 11-07-07 05:46 PM

Still the worst season of all, but this episode at least did have me laughing three times (the record for this season).

redrum 11-07-07 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Drop
Hmm, typical Curb reaction. That just tells me Curb is as good as it's ever been.

it is.

RUSF18 11-07-07 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Geofferson
^ Agreed - Leon definitely needs a spin-off.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...6&postcount=29 :)

seymouru 11-08-07 06:35 PM

Here's an interesting thread, on HBO's CYE site...

For Cheryl's Consideration - Take Back Larry?

My favorite post:

Larry's the good one... Cheryl abandoned the Blacks, not to mention poor Larry. What did he do? Cheryl is so selfish. I know how hard it is to get TV technicians to the house. Cheryl is a slut....at least when Larry was interested in having an affair with another woman, he asked for permission. Larry's only fault is that he is honest. He wears his heart on his sleeve. Who else would have stood up to take a stand at blatant racism. I am sick thinking how Cheryl just shakes her head at Larry whenever there is a misunderstanding, rather than take his hand and fight side by side for his causes. Larry is a saint.
rotfl