DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Mad TV Season 13 Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/516290-mad-tv-season-13-thread.html)

movieking 11-04-07 04:19 PM

Mad TV Season 13 Thread

Since usually there are not enough posts to warrant weekly threads, I figured that I would start a full season thread as has been done with other shows.

I enjoyed most of the show, but not a big fan of Carlos Mencia. I am surprised that he was on, since Bobby Lee has talked about having some of his jokes stolen from him before. It's a new surrounding, more of a comedy club feel. Nicole Parker looked great as Britney Spears. I also liked the two Master Chief sketches (yes I am a bit of a Halo nerd). The 50 Cent ballad was funny.

I have to say even though she is hot, Arden Myrin's videos at various events (this time the Family Guy 100th episode party) are usually the worst part of the show. And they keep doing them over and over.

movieking 11-18-07 03:18 PM

Anyone else see the 300th episode (I think that is what it was)? It was horrible. They had a few ex-cast return (Mo, Debra), but overall, it was incredible weak. I hope that it was because of the writer's strike.

superdeluxe 11-18-07 07:35 PM

I pretty much tuned out once Alex Borstein and Will Sasso left.

brtcmfn 11-18-07 11:43 PM

This show has turned into crap-
I thought there was some hope with episode 300 having Debra Wilson and Mo Collins back- but it was a major letdown :thmbsdwn: :thmbsdwn:

movieking 11-19-07 05:13 AM

I really think that on most weeks, MadTv has more funnier sketchs than SNL, but the format change has weakened the show.

movieking 11-25-07 01:30 AM

Another horrible episode this week. I don't know for sure, but it seems like all of the last few episodes were taped at the same time (maybe because of the writer's strike?) The cast isn't being utilized very well anymore, since they have introduced four new castmembers over the last month. Too many people in the cast now.

grenier 11-25-07 10:50 AM

I hate the new format. I thought last year was one of the best seasons in a long time, the cast just worked really well off of each other. Of course some of the funnier people aren't back this year.

movieking 11-25-07 01:19 PM

Who left from last year?

grenier 11-25-07 02:17 PM

Off the top of my head, Ike Barinholtz, Frank Caetti and Nicole Randolph. There may have been others. Ike and Bobby really worked well together.

movieking 11-25-07 03:42 PM

I didn't know Ike was gone. It's hard to notice anyone gone with all of the people there now. I liked Ike and Frank, didn't really care about Nicole. There have been a couple of episodes with either no Nicole Parker or Arden Myrin or Christa Flanagan, etc. It seems to be a regular thing now when each episode only has a couple of people in them instead of the full cast. Looks like Lisa Donovan is gone as well. She didn't last long.

Zeitgeist 11-26-07 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by movieking
Since usually there are not enough posts to warrant weekly threads, I figured that I would start a full season thread as has been done with other shows.

I enjoyed most of the show, but not a big fan of Carlos Mencia. I am surprised that he was on, since Bobby Lee has talked about having some of his jokes stolen from him before.

Yes in the video Joe Rogan posted on his website Bobby did admit Carlos stole jokes.

However, he was a little apprehensive in the Rogan video. He later posted a video stating Mencia never stole jokes from him and defended Mencia. Sorry I couldn't find the link, but apprently it was taken down from youtube and break.com.

And no, I am not a fan of or am Carlos Mencia.

big whoppa 11-27-07 03:39 PM

I'm not a big fan of the new stage either. Gives it the comedy club feel. With the big screen in the background prominently displayed, the show doesn't even feel live any more or "taped live in front of a studio audience." And the 300th episode was a let down too. And of the remaining cast, I'm really only a fan of Michael McDonald who hasn't had any good material lately and Bobby Lee.