DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Writer's Strike could kill Heroes season (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/516239-writers-strike-could-kill-heroes-season.html)

PopcornTreeCt 11-04-07 01:00 AM

Writer's Strike could kill Heroes season

"TV Guide reports that with the writers strike confirmed to start on Monday, "Heroes" is going back and shooting an alternate ending to the Dec. 3 episode that, if used, would allow the episode to function as the season finale.

The magazine says that originally, the episode was only supposed to serve as the conclusion of the current "Generations" story arc."

--
That just sucks beyond belief.

Jackskeleton 11-04-07 01:05 AM

Yeah. Much more on the strike in this thread

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=513946

It already killed (for the time being) the heroes spin off series.

Jadzia 11-04-07 01:11 AM

The writers working have already killed it.

maingon 11-04-07 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jadzia

its not too bad, Give it a change, shows like Lost always improve as the season goes on.

I hope the strike doesnt kill the season.

starseed1981 11-04-07 10:22 AM

So true. So very true.

MrX 11-04-07 10:23 AM

This show has writers?

Chucky 11-04-07 10:27 AM

Yeah, now that the writers are on strike, Heroes producers may have to resort to flipping through the past 50 years of comic books and ripping off plots wholesale!

oh, wait.

hahn 11-04-07 11:46 AM

I fully blame the writers for the suckiness that is Heroes.

JuryDuty 11-04-07 11:54 AM

I've thought the season was ok, about like the beginning of last season. It would hopefully get better. But, yes, this strike could completely kill it.

CKMorpheus 11-04-07 12:34 PM

Despite all the nay-sayers, I really am enjoying Season 2 so far, and this would suck... A LOT.

MechanicalMan 11-04-07 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by hahn
I fully blame the writers for the suckiness that is Heroes.

To be fair, the acting isn't very good either.

kvrdave 11-04-07 12:40 PM

The strike may be the only thing that saves season 3, imo.

Jimmy James 11-04-07 12:42 PM

I think this strike could just plain kill Heroes, particularly if NBC isn't thrilled about cost to viewership issues at this point. I think it's obvious they have been ramping up for an action packed second half of the season, and it may just kill the show to never get to any of that.

Rogue588 11-04-07 01:03 PM

I thought it was funny that the actors had to go through a BUNCH of auditions before landing the role - one for the creators, one for the studio and one for the network (since I think the buck should stop at the creators).

I wonder if the scripts have to pass that sort of scrutiny?

Groucho 11-04-07 02:31 PM

The only thing that would save this show is the cancellation of Pushing Daisies and the re-hiring of Bryan Fuller.

Spiderbite 11-04-07 02:41 PM

:up:

Maybe they can get some scabs in there to help this season. Couldn't get any worse.

Draven 11-04-07 03:30 PM

That would be a real shame. This season is just as interesting to me as the last (anyone who thinks it's a complete 180 is either not remembering Season One well or is joining the dogpile) and I'd hate to see the season get messed up because they can't reach a fair agreement.

Gizmo 11-04-07 03:32 PM

I'm ready to start writing some lesbian scripts for several shows I watch. Scrubs, Pushing Daisies, Lost, <s>Kid Nation</s>, The Office...

jrobinson 11-04-07 04:19 PM

I was really into season one, but I sort of stopped watching after the season two premiere. Hmm...

Jimmy James 11-04-07 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by jrobinson
I was really into season one, but I sort of stopped watching after the season two premiere. Hmm...

Did you watch the first season on DVD or something? I'm not sure I understand being really into a show and then dropping it after one episode the next season.

hahn 11-04-07 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by MechanicalMan
To be fair, the acting isn't very good either.

To act well, you gotta have good lines. Exhibit A: Natalie Portman in Star Wars Episode 1-3. "Hold me like you held me on Naboo!" :yack:

Cartload 11-04-07 04:45 PM

Well, Ando won't be hurting for work. I just saw him in a McDonalds commercial during the Pats/Colts game.

argh923 11-04-07 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
Despite all the nay-sayers, I really am enjoying Season 2 so far, and this would suck... A LOT.

Agreed.

Jackskeleton 11-04-07 06:54 PM

Yeah, I remember season 1, I couldn't stand it for the first four or five episodes. It was like slow torture to watch. Once it got into its groove it was amazing. So not sure where the hate comes from as season 1 showed that the first few episodes would just suck.

dpz301 11-04-07 07:07 PM

sucks. stupid strikes.