DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Scrubs - "My Hard Labor" - 11/01/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/516058-scrubs-my-hard-labor-11-01-07-a.html)

MrX 11-01-07 06:35 PM

Scrubs - "My Hard Labor" - 11/01/07

"My Hard Labor"
Spoiler:
J.D. and Kim go into labor, but the moment is tense as the two worry about their future as a couple and question what it means to be great parents. Meanwhile, the other staffers at Sacred Heart prove that parenting is all about sacrifice. Dr. Cox refuses to give his daughter a shot in fear that she will associate him with pain and thus searches the hospital for someone he trusts with a needle, Turk and Carla work on completing a video game so the temptation to play will not distract them from their daughter and Dr. Kelso talks his son through a recent heartache. In the end J.D. must decide that what might be easier for him, may not be healthy for his child.

DJLinus 11-01-07 09:04 PM

Was the last song a cover of the Knife's "Heartbeats"? It sure sounded a lot like it. Anyone know the artist?

Goldberg74 11-01-07 09:13 PM

Not a hilarious episode, but one that was quite "human."

I loved the final scenes of what they do to keep their relationships strong. Dr. Cox and his daughter. Dr. Kelso and his son. Turk and Carla. JD and Kim.

I was hoping for something more than the looks of disgust that the Dudemeister gave to Elliot, but that might have been over kill.

I did :lol: at Janitor's moment of peace for the fallen adversaries while playing the video game.

Goldberg74 11-01-07 09:21 PM

FYI, Full Scrubs episodes are now available at NBC's website.

'Bout dang time!

yohansen5b 11-01-07 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by DJLinus
Was the last song a cover of the Knife's "Heartbeats"? It sure sounded a lot like it. Anyone know the artist?

jose gonzalez . off the album "veneer ".

Goldberg74 11-01-07 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
FYI, Full Scrubs episodes are now available at NBC's website.

'Bout dang time!

I thought this was great, but...

Scrubs Season 7 on iTunes!!!!!!

Back with its seventh and final season, Scrubs is going out with a bang. The season opens with Elliot reconsidering her upcoming marriage to Keith while J.D. struggles with the idea of spending the rest of his life with a woman he doesn't love and the mother of his child. As the end nears, surprises include an eco-conscious episode, The Janitor gets a lady friend, and Sacred Heart holds a contest to name the No. 1 doctor. Download the season premiere or purchase a Season Pass and get current and future episodes as they become available.
:banana:

Trelach24 11-01-07 10:49 PM

I love how this season is back to just the normal storylines that center around the people and away from the craziness of last season.

madcougar 11-01-07 10:54 PM

So what's the deal with Men at Work lead singer Colin Hay and Scrubs? I IMDBed the guy and he's now guest stared twice and he has FIVE soundtrack writing listings for the show.

Patman 11-02-07 12:15 AM

Was it me, or did they work at lighting up Elizabeth Banks? She was looking radiant in this episode.

DJLinus 11-02-07 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by yohansen5b
jose gonzalez . off the album "veneer ".

Thanks!

Tracer Bullet 11-02-07 09:03 AM

I thought this was great, but...

Scrubs Season 7 on iTunes!!!!!!

What? NBC pulled all their stuff from the iTunes Store...

Goldberg74 11-02-07 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
What? NBC pulled all their stuff from the iTunes Store...

My guess is that since Touchstone is the distributer of Scrubs, that makes it an ABC property and ABC is still in good graces with Apple.

Either way, it works for me.

Fanboy 11-02-07 11:39 AM

I did :lol: at Janitor's moment of peace for the fallen adversaries while playing the video game.

I whooped when Carla actually referred to the Warthog by name. How lame am I?

DRG 11-02-07 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Fanboy
I whooped when Carla actually referred to the Warthog by name. How lame am I?

I wondered if that was part of the joke... that Carla knows so much about the game she refers to things by their real names, where Turk was talking about shooting 'space goblins' and whatnot.

nateman 11-02-07 12:54 PM

-“There’s nothing like scoring a catty and mowing down street hoes” :lol:

-“This is scotch and I’m all hasselhoffed out” :lol:

Kelso had the best lines of the episode. I couldn’t stop laughing!

This episode was hilarious! Although I enjoyed the seventh season premiere episode last week; this episode was much, much stronger and some of the lines (like the ones I’ve mentioned above) were classic Scrubs.

So this was the first appearance of Aloma Wright (formerly Nurse Roberts) in the seventh season and the way they set it up with JD the only one thinking she looks familiar was good. The Flintstones reference with the cloth diaper was great. "What are your thoughts on cloth diapers, because if we got black ones with orange spots our kid would look like Bam Bam." :lol:

Colin Hay appearing was the Icing on the cake. Not as great as the "My Overkill" (the first ep. he appeared in).

Anyways, fantastic episode! can't wait ti'll next week!

GoldenJCJ 11-02-07 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by nateman241
-“There’s nothing like scoring a catty and mowing down street hoes” :lol:

-“This is scotch and I’m all hasselhoffed out” :lol:

Kelso had the best lines of the episode. I couldn’t stop laughing!

I also loved how for the entire run of the show Kelso has constantly been bad mouthing his son yet when his son needed him he was there to listen. Great stuff.

The Janitor's moment of silence for the video game enemies was hilarious.

movieking 11-02-07 08:36 PM

Braff is a big fan of Colin Hay, hence his multiple Scrubs appearances.

Anyone know what game Turk was supposed to be playing?

Jeremy517 11-02-07 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by movieking
Anyone know what game Turk was supposed to be playing?

Halo 3

lordwow 11-03-07 12:46 AM

He was SUPPOSED to be playing Halo 3, but it looked like COD. (Never mind the fact it was a single player game, not split screen)

My favorite line of the night was JD's "Would you be proud to be my dad?" line.

Mercury&Solace 11-03-07 03:41 AM

This show rocks!

“I would, Turkleton, but I only play Pac-Man and that carjacking game. There’s nothing like scoring a Caddy and mowing down some street hoes."

I about fucking lost it rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl

Snowmaker 11-03-07 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by lordwow
He was SUPPOSED to be playing Halo 3, but it looked like COD. (Never mind the fact it was a single player game, not split screen)

Yeah, I noticed all that too.

zekeburger1979 11-03-07 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
Was it me, or did they work at lighting up Elizabeth Banks? She was looking radiant in this episode.

Yea they did. I figure they wanted to amplify the pregnant woman glowing look, which worked, since she looked very beautiful.

I loved Kelso talking to his son despite his disapproval for his lifestyle and choices of boyfriends.

movieking 11-03-07 07:08 PM

Banks definitely had the lighting people working extra on her.

As for the game, I thought that it might be Halo since they were talking about warthogs, but the screen that they showed didn't look like Halo to me.

B.A. 11-05-07 06:19 AM

Great episode.

Loved the appearance by Colin Hay.

I really hope they keep Miss Banks around the for the entire season.

And the 'black uncle' bit had me rotfl

flashburn 11-05-07 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by lordwow

It was actually the Xbox360 version of Enemy Territory: Quake Wars that they were "playing".