DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Dirty Sexy Money - "The Game" - 10/31/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/515906-dirty-sexy-money-game-10-31-07-a.html)

conscience 10-31-07 07:13 AM

Dirty Sexy Money - "The Game" - 10/31/07

<b>The Game</b>

Spoiler:
A high-stakes poker game pits Simon Elder against Tripp; if Nick convinces Tripp to bet his most prized property, Elder will give Nick dirt on his father's death; Karen must finalize her divorce from irresistible Sebastian Fleet (Eddie Cibrian).

Sounds like another good one tonight!

starseed1981 10-31-07 08:39 AM

Can't wait. Now where the hell is my full season pick up.

conscience 10-31-07 08:36 PM

I'm shocked that this hasn't been picked up for a full season now that I am seeing the majority of what else already has been...

zekeburger1979 11-01-07 12:43 AM

$400 million+ pot? I would be sweating and shaking like crazy if I was playing for that!

We see another member of the family, Patrick, swear off the money and power. How long until the others follow suit?

I have to say that Simon's vision of a better New York was ugly as hell. I applaud the effort, but the design was nasty.

Giantrobo 11-01-07 12:56 AM

Wow, great ep. I knew Nick had an angle with the Darling Plaza. I mean I figured he would've done some legal thing to keep it out of the guy's hands. But I didn't think Tripp would be in on it. :up:

Sooo, does the Mom want Karen to marry Nick?

conscience 11-01-07 10:14 AM

This was such a great episode. The writing moved very cohesively between the large number of main characters moreso than in previous episodes. The show is getting better and better every week.

Again, the ending left me in such anticipation for future episodes and it really stinks that we have to wait two weeks for a new episode.

Red Dog 11-01-07 10:19 AM

I think that poker game was a bit over the top, but entertaining episode nonetheless.

tofu 11-01-07 10:25 AM

I liked the sequence with the brothers playing the video game. The characters are definitely seeming more like a real family now.

boogieman03 11-01-07 11:03 AM

Gustav has to be my favorite character on there. The little kid cracks me up.

Jimmy James 11-01-07 07:58 PM

This show just keeps grooving along. I just hate that a good quarter to half of us are likely to despise the show next year for some bizarre reason (and I admit I was part of that quarter to half with LOST).

Giantrobo 11-01-07 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
This show just keeps grooving along. I just hate that a good quarter to half of us are likely to despise the show next year for some bizarre reason (and I admit I was part of that quarter to half with LOST).

Yeah I expect to see this for most of the great shows on right now. People just turn on shows for strange reasons, some real and some imagined.

TheKing 11-02-07 04:59 AM

Boy, William Baldwin is sounding more and more like Alec everyday.

movieking 11-02-07 06:00 AM

Everything but the poker game was great. I guess that Jeremy is going to try to win Knights of Prosperity chick on his own merits, without using his name or money.

Are the poker players really that stupid as not to fully check out the dealer before the game?

starseed1981 11-02-07 09:01 AM

Great episode. Gustav is all sorts of kick ass.

Patman 11-02-07 09:14 PM

Tripp really must trust Nicholas, using the Darling Plaza just to get to the real NTSB report on Dutch's plane crash is craziness. So what is Patrick's dealing with Simon? Jeremy's ability to throw money at situation is a bit of fun (crashing a car during his valet job, and then just buying a new car to replace, must be nice to be rich). The video gaming scene was a good bit for showing us how close the Darlings are behind the trappings of wealth.