DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Heroes -- "the Line" -- 10.29.2007 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/515703-heroes-line-10-29-2007-a.html)

Rogue588 10-29-07 01:16 AM

Heroes -- "the Line" -- 10.29.2007

"the Line"

West convinces Claire to teach head cheerleader Debbie a lesson after she deems Claire too ordinary to join the squad. While Suresh faces a serious moral dilemma with the Company, H.R.G. pays his Russian mentor a visit in an effort to locate Isaac's last prophetic paintings. Meanwhile, nearing the U.S. border, Alejandro becomes increasingly uneasy about Sylar's intentions, especially towards Maya. Peter and Caitlin's search for a mysterious doorway he painted ultimately leads them to a surprising place. In feudal Japan, while attempting to repair history, Hiro struggles with his feelings for Kensei's "princess" Yaeko.

Come back to the present Hiro! All is forgiven!

Also, for those who miss this first-run episode, I saw a commercial on MOJO [an HD channel on VOOM]that they'll be replaying episodes. Don't know what or when. It said Thursdays at 9pm, but when I went to Yahoo! and TV Guide, it wasn't listed at all..

Merkin Muffley 10-29-07 08:53 AM

I can wait.

Bandoman 10-29-07 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley
I can wait.

Well, so can I. I just don't want to.

Minor Threat 10-29-07 10:55 AM

Okay - I need some feedback here. My wife and I absolutely loved the first season of Heroes. Due to Monday night football and a few other events, we've been unable to watch any of this season, but we've tivo's all of the episodes faithfully. Unfortunatly, we have not been able to start watching them and I think this mole hill is turning into a mountain of unwatched viewing.

My question is this:

Should I dig in on the tivo and start getting caught up or does this season not deliver?

I've not gone into any other threads because I don't want any spoilers.....

Opinions?

starseed1981 10-29-07 10:56 AM

Do we get more Kristen Bell this episode?

Patman 10-29-07 10:57 AM

She was signed for 13 episodes, so I hope so.

TGM 10-29-07 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Minor Threat
Okay - I need some feedback here. My wife and I absolutely loved the first season of Heroes. Due to Monday night football and a few other events, we've been unable to watch any of this season, but we've tivo's all of the episodes faithfully. Unfortunatly, we have not been able to start watching them and I think this mole hill is turning into a mountain of unwatched viewing.

My question is this:

Should I dig in on the tivo and start getting caught up or does this season not deliver?

I've not gone into any other threads because I don't want any spoilers.....

Opinions?

This season so far has sucked. But watching it via the FF luxury of tivo might be a good way to get caught up. Whenever you see a latina girl bleeding black out of her eyes, feel free to FF.

However, as disappointed as I am thus far in the show, its only, what? 4-5 episodes in? certainly too early to shit-can the whole series, especially if you sat through, and liked S1. There has got to be SOME sort of big payoff coming soon... right? RIGHT?!!?!?!?

Minor Threat 10-29-07 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
This season so far has sucked. But watching it via the FF luxury of tivo might be a good way to get caught up. Whenever you see a latina girl bleeding black out of her eyes, feel free to FF.

However, as disappointed as I am thus far in the show, its only, what? 4-5 episodes in? certainly too early to shit-can the whole series, especially if you sat through, and liked S1. There has got to be SOME sort of big payoff coming soon... right? RIGHT?!!?!?!?

Did you like the first season....?

TGM 10-29-07 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Minor Threat
Did you like the first season....?

Yes, although I will admit that at times S1 felt slow as well, and you can most certainly count me in the "huh? that was it?" disappointed crowd for the season finale.

Bandoman 10-29-07 11:13 AM

MT: I loved the first season, and I'm not giving up on this season. It's been a slow buildup, but I think it will pay off. There are still some good moments. It's certainly not a waste of time to watch.

Merkin Muffley 10-29-07 11:16 AM

It's been pretty lame so far...but I'm not giving up yet. I learned my lesson from Lost last year. Just when you think a show is over, it could come back stronger and better than ever.

Or it could end up completely sucking and fading away...X-Files, I'm talking to you.

starseed1981 10-29-07 12:19 PM

The problem I've had so far with this season is that because they have so many characters and constantly introduce new ones it gets very difficult to stay with the narratives they have going on.

Doughboy 10-29-07 12:44 PM

I actually think it's picked up a little over the last 2 episodes. But there's no question it's nowhere near as gripping through 5 episodes compared to a year ago.

The biggest issues I have with Season 2 without going into spoilers are that a lot of character arcs seem to be repeating themselves from last year, there are too many cast members on the show, and the new characters with the exception of maybe Kristen Bell(and the jury's still out on her) are a complete waste of space, especially the Wonder Twins.

zuffy 10-29-07 02:50 PM

Volume 2 is gonna end during the break and volume 3 will start when they are back from the break. So I think the payoff will be coming soon.

argh923 10-29-07 05:02 PM

I thought there wasn't going to be a break this year, due to Origins?

Jimmy James 10-29-07 05:43 PM

I think the idea is that the show will break after November sweeps and come back in January. I think they have Origins in order to minimize the length of the break, but the only way a network show runs uninterrupted is for it to begin in January.

Flay 10-29-07 06:48 PM

I really don't think they have shoved enough characters into this episode. ;)

tasha99 10-29-07 08:02 PM

As Groucho so aptly put it last week, this show has jumped the rope. This season has been a stinker because there are too many characters. It's hard to care what happens with so many people to keep track of, and my favorites don't get enough screen time. I loved Season 1 though, so I'm sticking with it for a while longer.

I heartily second this Tivo advice: If you see a girl bleeding black stuff out of her eyes, fast forward. It happens just about every episode and it's mind-numbingly boring.

The idea that there will be a pay off soon concerns me. There isn't that much time left to build an arc that could have a satisfying conclusion, so I'm worrying that this "payoff" will seem rushed and pointless. Hope I'm wrong.

7Keys 10-29-07 08:35 PM

ZZZZZ.....ZZZzzzz....zzzzzz

After the midpoint in this show, flyboy vs cheerleader, I turned the channel. This show was great last year but is unbearable this year. So, I think I'm done for the year.

Maybe if word of mouth proves the season turned around I'll rent the dvd and catch up for next year. But I've lost any hope that it will have a payoff. And even if it does, it would have to be really good to sit through several hours of this crap every week.

(I know some people hate negative posts in these threads, but oh well).

cdollaz 10-29-07 08:45 PM

This Hiro crap really brings the show to a stand still.

TheNightFlier 10-29-07 09:04 PM

I enjoyed tonight's show. Was hoping for Claude to appear in the empty shop with Peter at the end.

mhg83 10-29-07 09:09 PM

So they've basically switched the nuke for a virus this season. kinda lame. This has been a shitty season so far and it doesnt seem to be getting any better.

Patman 10-29-07 09:11 PM

Who saw how Hiro's subplot just went down? A kiss that could have wrecked the time/space continuum.

HRG is one hardcore man on a mission. Obviously the Haitian is totally onboard with the mission because he was no qualms about removing memories.

Nikki and Suresh, another odd couple.

Nice vPod endorsement moment with Monica.

Poor Alejandro, he'll never see it coming when Sylar gets his mojo back, or decides Alejandro is expendable, nasty is Sylar's middle name.

Claire and West was the weakest subplot. Bring it On - Heroes style.

Peter's amnesia and power spurts have him and his lady bouncing around in time and space.

Superman07 10-29-07 09:12 PM

Is that Adam that left the note the same guy that Suresh saw on the folder?

Willing to bet Jessey (NOT Niki) was about to kick Suresh's ass. Man wised up though!

As much as I liked Hiro last year, this storyline is going nowhere fast. I knew something was going to happen with "Kensi". He wasn't acting genuine enough to me. I wonder if Hiro will have to go back again and fix stuff - otherwise we're in a paradox and I'm not looking to have my head hurt that much.

I feel that the ending is a bit of a rip off of last year, just in reverse. However, it looks like it gives us a goal for the year, so that's a positive. Anybody else think Peter somehow picked up his former employer's power?

I've haven't been too down on all of the characters running around, but I do think they need to slim them down. Some of the scenes there is just nothing to them. It's just like they are putting them up because they don't know where to go with them.

Sylar is definitely his old self - I was thinking he may have change, but not after that speech to the brother.

I'll be interested to see what happened in the 4 months between seasons. I think this Adam person will come into play.

Rogue588 10-29-07 09:18 PM

Curiously, tonight's show flew on by.

However, I was bored to tears by everything.

The "revelations" really didn't surprise, shock or awe. I think Maya's the hottest chick that's ever been on the show, but I wanna smack her everytime she whines (and eventually starts crying black oil). Was Noah shooting Dimitri supposed to be surprising? Please. It would've been more surprising had he just walked away. So...Peter's one year in the future? Ho hum. AND we have the eventual appearance of yet another character to look forward to.. -ohbfrank-