DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Desperate Housewives - "Art Isn't Easy" - 10/28/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/515660-desperate-housewives-art-isnt-easy-10-28-07-a.html)

MrX 10-28-07 11:50 AM

Desperate Housewives - "Art Isn't Easy" - 10/28/07

"Art Isn't Easy"
Spoiler:
Bob and Lee's front-yard water sculpture prompts the neighborhood association into action; Edie finds out about the affair Carlos is having with Gaby; the Solis' former gardener, John (Jesse Metcalfe), wants to rekindle his romance with Gaby.

dpz301 10-28-07 08:41 PM

gabby the weekly sexy outfits = :up::up:

MadonnasManOne 10-28-07 09:19 PM

Another excellent episode! I'm so happy with how great this season is!

I loved Katherine and Lynette in competition over President of the Home Owners Association. Their campaigning was great. I was so mad at Susan for going against Lynette. If it were me, Susan would still be in the dog house. Lynette is much more forgiving than I.

I loved, at the end, that Bob and Lee let Katherine know that they have some dirt on what happened in Chicago. This mystery with Katherine is extremely interesting, to say the least. As much as I want to know what the mystery is, I'm loving the build up.

It's so great that Bree and Orson were able to outsmart Phyllis, where Danielle is concerned. Bree is right, what kind of a mother would Danielle make, if she's so willing to give up the baby for a convertible car. It was so funny in the end, when Bree told Phyllis that she can babysit every Saturday, when she and Orson goes to their club. Phyllis asks, "What will you tell your friends?" Bree says, "I'll tell them that you're broke, and need the money." Phyllis then asks if Bree can make it something nicer, and Bree responds, "I have to make it something that will fly!" LOFL!

Next weeks episode looks awesome!
Spoiler:
Halloween comes to Wisteria Lane!

MrX 10-28-07 10:13 PM

McCluskey's line to Bree about her son flying out of the closet and her husband looking for the door knob had me rotfl

Some great lines this episode

Big Boy Laroux 10-28-07 10:28 PM

McCluskey had some great lines in her little bit of screen time there at the beginning. The line you mentioned (about flying out of the closet), and mumbling "community college" under her breath when Susan said she went to art school. :lol:

marty888 10-29-07 08:54 AM

Definitely a fun season so far, and looks as if it will stay on course. The writing seems much sharper this year.

Red Dog 10-29-07 09:24 AM

Nice twist with Edie being the one who hired the PI. However, I found it kind of ridiculous that Gabby would go to the trouble she did to sneak away only to later allow Carlos in the house and make out with him with the shades open knowing that the van was still there days later.

cdollaz 10-29-07 09:25 AM

The light-haired gay guy sure is a prickly bitch.

Jadzia 10-29-07 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by cdollaz
The light-haired gay guy sure is a prickly bitch.

You know what is weird, I kept thinking his voice sounded familiar and I finally figured it out: he sounds a lot like Doug Savant when he was playing Matt on Melrose Place.

Patman 10-29-07 11:57 AM

Well, can't wait for that guy to meet Tom for a scene, then. It must be Matt's gay voice, or something.

I fear I must be getting too old for the cattiness of these ladies on Wisteria Lane this season. This episode didn't quite do much for me.

Rogue588 10-29-07 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by marty888
Definitely a fun season so far, and looks as if it will stay on course. The writing seems much sharper this year.

Except for what Red Dog mentioned, I agree with this.

Patman 10-29-07 12:25 PM

The writing might be sharper, but I'm going to be pissed if they drag out Katherine's "secret" for the entire season.

Jadzia 10-29-07 02:59 PM

So Katherine actually has two secrets, right? What happened in the house when she lived on Wisteria Lane, and what happened in Chicago with her husband?

Patman 10-29-07 03:15 PM

Yup.

Plus, we don't even know if her daughter is the same girl as the one that Susan's daughter grew up with.

MrE 10-29-07 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
Plus, we don't even know if her daughter is the same girl as the one that Susan's daughter grew up with.

Yes we do. That's why they wanted to keep her out of her old bedroom.

tofu 10-29-07 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
So Katherine actually has two secrets, right? What happened in the house when she lived on Wisteria Lane, and what happened in Chicago with her husband?

I'm assuming that since he's in gynecology, it has to do something with raping/molesting his patients.

ringside 10-29-07 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by tofu
I'm assuming that since he's in gynecology, it has to do something with raping/molesting his patients.

I thought he had an affair?

Jadzia 10-29-07 07:01 PM

Maybe he went on an illegal cross-country car-chase.

Patman 10-29-07 07:15 PM

I thought he was caught banging a pie-making waitress...

MadonnasManOne 10-29-07 10:29 PM

Oh, for heavens sake, spit it out!

.....thought I'd join in on the different series references. ;)

hardercore 10-30-07 01:57 AM

Another very strong episode. Last weeks episode (with the crabs) was the weakest so far, but even that wasn't much of a misstep. The show is heading straight back into first season quality at the moment and the ratings are slightly picking up to prove it.

movieking 10-30-07 06:23 AM

Good episode. When they were showing the recap with Gabby and John, I thought that it was a rerun, since that scene was so old.

As for Nathon Fillion, I think that the gays threatened to tell the Alliance where he has been keeping River. Oh wait, wrong show.

Some good lines in this episode, as stated.

Vipper II 10-30-07 06:52 AM

Absolutely loved Bree calling her daughter a "petulant sock-puppet."

Original Desmond 11-02-07 09:11 AM

i agree good ep ! gay guys are cool

gatoinfeliz 11-03-07 08:30 PM

"You emasculated him. Well you're not going to emasculate me." :lol:

Bree: "You don't even know what that means..."