DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Survivor: China - 10/25/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/515424-survivor-china-10-25-07-a.html)

auto 10-25-07 05:04 PM

Survivor: China - 10/25/07

http://l.yimg.com/img.tv.yahoo.com/t...0821111223.jpg

Episode 6

Title:

Spoiler:
The Conniving Continues

Description:

Spoiler:

Last week, the two strongest players from each tribe were forced to switch teams. Zhan Hu's Jaime and Peih-Gee seized the opportunity and concocted a risky strategy that involved throwing the immunity challenge so they could vote out one of the new arrivals. Aaron, Fei Long's previous leader, bit the dust. Gravedigger James knows he's next. Will the three original Zhan Hu members throw another immunity challenge so they can vote him out? One thing is for certain: This week is the disgusting but highly entertaining eating challenge. The castaways dine on — or rather try to choke down — unusual Chinese delicacies, such as a chicken heart and a “thousand-year-old egg.” (No fortune cookie included.) Also, one player locates the hidden immunity idol, but the secret discovery is quickly found out by an unwelcome tribe member.

http://wwwimage.cbs.com/primetime/su.../splash/17.jpg

brainee 10-25-07 05:26 PM

Trying to be optimistic. In the past when Survivor pulled some BS move that angered me, they'd get back on track soon afterward. Though if Fei Long doesn't realize what's up when they see Aaron was voted out (and respond accordingly) then they're all idiots and deserve to lose the game. At least Todd should be able to put 2 and 2 together (and come up with 4).

Still holding out for an immunity challenge where both teams try to lose! :) I can see a relay-type part where on both sides a player is faking an injury that prevents them from going on (while Jeff is going ballistic).

aktick 10-25-07 06:00 PM

Last week's BS has me quitting on this show for the first time ever. I'll check these threads each week, but I'm done watching for this season.

kayak99 10-25-07 07:55 PM

Good, she had a smart mouth and a bad attitude. Bye Bye Sheria

Patman 10-25-07 08:25 PM

They just keep upping the "fear factor" factor in these eating challenges. That chicken fetus showdown was just...ewwww....

cdollaz 10-25-07 08:37 PM

Those idiots haven't figured out yet that you save your best players for the immunity challenge, not the reward challenge. Especially Courtney.

girlnextdoor 10-25-07 08:44 PM

I could not beleive that they did not sit Courtney (who I love and hope stays around for a while) in the reward challange. I could tell from Jeff's description that it would be an easy one, not to physical.

the action 10-25-07 08:53 PM

So far its been a good season. I thought it was going to be downhill after Chicken was voted.

maingon 10-25-07 09:05 PM

I was hoping there plan would work out , I would love to see Peih-Gee get booted. That would of been great, them all voting for James then having him pull the idol out.

girlnextdoor 10-25-07 09:08 PM

I zipped through the eating challange. I did not want to see all the gagging. I have enough trouble keeping my food down now as it is.

Howiefan 10-25-07 09:12 PM

Awesome episode. Todd is a really smart player. Hopefully he makes it to the end.

Can't Todd's plan happen during the next episode anyways?

Edit: Oops just saw next week's preview...

Finisher 10-25-07 09:20 PM

This episode had it all: immunity idols, chicken fetuses, Amanda's ass, failed thrown challenge, James going from worst to first, Zhan Hu flipping their strategy ...

Patman 10-25-07 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Finisher
This episode had it all: ... Amanda's ass....

Quoted for truth.

brainee 10-25-07 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Howiefan
Awesome episode. Todd is a really smart player. Hopefully he makes it to the end.

I'm warming to Todd too. He and PG seem to be the only ones thinking out there, but Todd's managing to play his game in a non obnoxious/snarky/annoying manner. I don't remember any instances of him treating anyone like crap, either. I really respect when someone can play a cutthroat strategic game, but have enough class to still behave well in camp.

Sheriya's attitude in the exit interview was unbelievably bad ... glad she's gone. That, by itself, just lightened the work load significantly for the production person responsible for blurring out the "naughty" bits. And between Sheriya and Jean-Robert, I wouldn't want to be the one with that job.

About the previews (which revealed a little more than I was hoping to see):

Spoiler:
How does James go from walking by himself right up to where the other HII was, knowing exactly where it was hidden, to Erik/Jaime/PG gloating/celebrating over finding it?

Well, looks like its the predictable merge at 10.

I love the part in the preview where Jeff narrates that Todd is struggling to hold his tribe together, you have a snippet of Courtney bitching, and then there's a cut to a close-up of someone (looks like Denise) holding a meat cleaver! What exactly are the producers trying to suggest might happen? :lol:

Goat3001 10-25-07 10:41 PM

Anyone else think that Todd and Amanda were ready to vote for Jean Robert until Sherea opened her dumb mouth? I loved her last line "I'm gonna burst that bubble you call a mouth Jean Robert" and then she gets booted. :lol:

I thought Courtney would fly far enough under the radar to make it very deep into the game (and she still might) but I think she also dug her own grave at tribal council.

I wish Todd's plan worked. The look on the dumbass sisters would have been priceless if James whipped out the immunity idol. It might work next week if they don't merge which I'm assuming they will.

I'm calling final 4: Todd, Amanda, Frosti and even after her dumb tribal council, Courtney. I can't see them voting her out since shes so damn weak.

Winky 10-26-07 12:15 AM

Did anyone notice Frosti voted for Sherea?

What is the Survivor policy if somebody steals your HII while you are gone to do the daily chores?

sven 10-26-07 04:23 AM

Get the EFF out you stupid wannabe gangsta bitch! Havent been this happy to see someone go since Rocky got the boot. I just wish Jean Robert would have headbutted her with that massive head of his first. Hopefully Anorexic Annie is the next to go. She is beyond worthless.

Originally Posted by Winky

What is the Survivor policy if somebody steals your HII while you are gone to do the daily chores?

Finders keepers I believe.

the big train 10-26-07 05:12 AM

I'm not so sure. The policy during Exile Island was that the idol changing hands had to be documented for the cameras in order to be valid, so I think they are prohibited from stealing it from each other. I imagine it's like the regular immunity that can only be given to another survivor as a gift.

It wouldn't exactly be fair if they could steal it since it's size makes it incredibly difficult to hide.

cdollaz 10-26-07 06:56 AM

No shit. What is up with the HUGE immunity idol? Good luck sneaking that to tribal council.

Struz 10-26-07 07:21 AM

So glad James is staying and Sheriya is out. I can't believe Todd was even considering voting out JP. Looks like Amanda is not only hot but smart.

cdollaz 10-26-07 07:50 AM

Based on her closing rant, Sherea really had an unrealistic view of herself.

das Monkey 10-26-07 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Goat3001
I thought Courtney would fly far enough under the radar to make it very deep into the game (and she still might) but I think she also dug her own grave at tribal council.

Ya think? You have to hand it to this girl. She's already one of the most unlikeable and disgusting people to be on this show (by "disgusting" I mean her above-it-all judgmental personality, even though I also find her crackwhore physique gag worthy as well). But because she's such a completely useless sack of shit, she could be dragged through the competition by those who value her total lack of any positive qualities of any kind. Yet that wasn't enough for her. She has to throw it all away to align with the <i>other</i> most unlikeable, judgmental, and full-of-herself bitch on the island. Now the game begins ... does her total lack of humanity outweigh her complete uselessness? Or is it the other way around? Tune in next week.

Sherea going off on JR was hilarious. Those pot-kettle moments are always great, especially when followed by a near-unanimous boot from the show.

das

cdollaz 10-26-07 09:29 AM

I still hope that someday someone creates a fake hidden immunity idol, like last season, and someone plays it at TC.

Jim 10-26-07 09:57 AM

This episode was much better after last week's debacle. Sherea was very gracious in the exit interview. :) How would you like to have her as your kid's elementary school teacher?

zuffy 10-26-07 10:07 AM

One big bitch down. Hopefully the anorexic bitch is next.

As for the chicken fetus egg shit, I remember my mom and sister ate that with no problem. :yack: