DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Samantha Who? 10/22/07-The Job (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/515132-samantha-who-10-22-07-job.html)

MadonnasManOne 10-22-07 08:32 PM

Samantha Who? 10/22/07-The Job

New episode is starting now!

It's Samantha's first day back to work and her first board meeting gives her a shocking look at just how cutthroat and competitive she really was.

MadonnasManOne 10-22-07 08:55 PM

This show is so funny. I love when she realized she had run up $30,000 in credit card debt, mostly on shoes. Then, she asks, "Was I hoarding shoes? What, was I afraid that we were converting to some shoe based currency?" LOL!

MadonnasManOne 10-22-07 09:04 PM

Even better, the scene where she is giving her secretary the birthday party, encouraging her to eat two pieces, and her friend says, "She's diabetic", and Samantha says, "Oh, for heaven's sake! Spit!" LOFL!

This show is too funny!

Patman 10-25-07 04:33 AM

I don't find this show all that funny yet.

mdc3000 10-25-07 11:22 AM

I liked the diabetic bit but after enjoying the pilot, I thought this episode 2 was flat and pretty terrible... if next week is like this one, I'm out.

movieking 10-25-07 11:59 AM

The diabetic bit was good, but the rest was only ok. I really like Jennifer Esposito, but she's not doing if for me on this show. And Melissa McCarthy seems to be channeling Sookie still.

mrpayroll 10-25-07 12:18 PM

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-sa...,2244812.story

'Samantha' Snags Six Scripts

ABC comedy takes step toward full-season pickup
October 25, 2007

Christina Applegate of 'Samantha Who?'ABC hasn't committed to a full season of "Samantha Who?" just yet, but it may not be too long.

The network has ordered six additional scripts for the show, which has earned some of the the highest ratings of any new show this fall and is by far the top new comedy. The showbiz trade papers report that a full-season order is not far off.

"Samantha" stars Christina Applegate as a woman who wakes from an eight-day coma with retrograde amnesia. As she tries to piece together the details of her former life, she discovers that she was not a nice person and sets out to make amends.

Over its first two airings, the series is averaging about 14.6 million viewers. The lofty figure is due in no small part to its having "Dancing with the Stars" as a lead-in, but "Samantha Who?" is doing a better job retaining the "Dancing" audience than any other show ever has.

It also improved its adults 18-49 rating in week two (from 4.5 to 4.6), a rarity this season.

"Samantha Who?" currently airs at 9:30 p.m. ET Mondays and will move back to 9 p.m. in late November when "Dancing" completes its fall run.

Good news!

Chris

ringside 10-25-07 01:46 PM

I like this show. It usually takes me several episodes to get into a comedy. I think that the cast is what really makes it work.

I read on wikipedia or online somewhere that the chubby girl is Jenny McCarthy's cousin.

Ms. M 10-25-07 04:17 PM

That zap2it article is kind of unecessary because there is absolutely no way that this won't be getting a full season renewal. ABC has renewed sitcoms with half the ratings that this got. I'm pretty delighted by its success both because I've wanted Applegate to become a full-fledged star and because this show could turn things around for the network sitcom.

mrpayroll 10-25-07 04:46 PM

I'm actually surprised at how good an actress she grew up to be. Sure she was funny on Married With Children, but it was basically the same character. She has grown into a Lucille Ball type of actress (funny facial expressions, physical comedy, great lines, etc.)

Chris

Rogue588 10-25-07 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
Good news!

Yes it is. This is right behind Pushing Daisies for my favorite new show this season..