DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Chuck -- "Chuck Versus The Sizzling Shrimp" -- 10/22/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/515072-chuck-chuck-versus-sizzling-shrimp-10-22-07-a.html)

LorenzoL 10-22-07 04:18 AM

Chuck -- "Chuck Versus The Sizzling Shrimp" -- 10/22/07

"Chuck Versus the Sizzling Shrimp"
Spoiler:
Both Morgan and Chuck face dilemmas that could change their lives. After a stakeout, Chuck feels morally obligated to work in an unauthorized mission in which both Sarah and Casey will not help. Meanwhile Morgan has to participate in a sales competition that could decide his fate at BuyMore.

First Aired: Monday October 22, 2007

starseed1981 10-22-07 10:33 AM

The HD transfer better not suck tonight again.

Toad 10-22-07 11:48 AM

I'm starting to like this show. I don't watch the original airing, but I watch on the DVR or nbc.com. Hope it stays.

kenage 10-22-07 05:09 PM

Spoiler:
If Morgan would lose his job and be off the show I would be very happy.

invisiblegt 10-22-07 07:56 PM

So, apparently, Chuck got kicked out of Stanford and his girlfriend at the time left him. I can't believe they never mentioned that in the past couple of episodes...

jonnyquest 10-22-07 09:08 PM

I liked the way they did the freeze frames in the fight scenes.

B.A. 10-22-07 09:16 PM

I missed Capt. Awesome.

Snowmaker 10-22-07 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by jonnyquest
I liked the way they did the freeze frames in the fight scenes.

I was going to ask if that was a glitch in the broadcast feed.

Where else was the Chinese woman from? She looked so familiar.

Eric D. 10-22-07 09:52 PM

I enjoyed the episode tonight. The final scene with Chuck and his sister was really nice.

As for the freeze frames in the fight scenes, I did not care for them at all. It almost looked like a glitch because they did not commit all the way and it seemed to have been more of an afterthought in post.

dvd182 10-22-07 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by invisiblegt
So, apparently, Chuck got kicked out of Stanford and his girlfriend at the time left him. I can't believe they never mentioned that in the past couple of episodes...

Yeah, this is getting as bad as the K&R/Trask stuff in the last 4 episodes of Studio 60.

Good episode though, I was sure there would be another reference to Sarah's spastic colon at the end of the episode, but no dice.

pelenor 10-22-07 11:53 PM

Actually they have mentioned him being kicked out of Stanford and his girlfriend leaving him. It was because of Bryce (Chucks college roommate and Sarah's ex) that he was kicked out. Apparently Chuck had some copies of tests and Bryce ratted him out. I believe it was th esecond show where it was covered.

the big train 10-23-07 12:14 AM

Gee, I wonder why they are mentioning that stuff in every episode...

collven 10-23-07 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by pelenor
Actually they have mentioned him being kicked out of Stanford and his girlfriend leaving him. It was because of Bryce (Chucks college roommate and Sarah's ex) that he was kicked out. Apparently Chuck had some copies of tests and Bryce ratted him out. I believe it was th esecond show where it was covered.

It was sarcasm. I know it's hard to pick up on if people don't put a smiley or something in their post.

Mercury&Solace 10-23-07 12:43 AM

Decent episode, the weakest so far, but still very enjoyable.
Loved the interaction with Ellie and Chuck, though I do miss Capt. Awesome.
Solid story, great action, and plenty in between.
I really like this show, hope it sticks around.

pelenor 10-23-07 06:06 AM

Anybody else notice the wheel chair guy's name was "Ben Lopan" or something similar? And that the wheel chair guy was the same actor who played Lopan in "Big Trouble In Little China"? Man, I gotta stop watching so much TV/Movies.

Ayre 10-23-07 06:18 AM

Ok, maybe its just me .... Do Chuck and his sister stare at each other too much and for too long. When she smiles at him, it's just a bit north of creepyville.

Should Chuck do his own sister? I think we need a poll.

rfduncan 10-23-07 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Ayre
Ok, maybe its just me .... Do Chuck and his sister stare at each other too much and for too long. When she smiles at him, it's just a bit north of creepyville.

I was kind of wondering if they'd actually just dropped her eyecandy-topless-tango-dancing-doctor boyfriend until they faintly reference him towards the end. In terms of genuinely new information, I'm certain that these "mother issues" are going to start playing into the storylines as well.

Should Chuck do his own sister? I think we need a poll.

No. And you're sick.

Snowmaker 10-23-07 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by pelenor
Anybody else notice the wheel chair guy's name was "Ben Lopan" or something similar? And that the wheel chair guy was the same actor who played Lopan in "Big Trouble In Little China"? Man, I gotta stop watching so much TV/Movies.

Yeah, I caught that too. I was waiting for him to rise up and transform into a younger form with really long nails.

cmleidi 10-23-07 11:43 AM

Joshua Gomez needs to go. He ruins the show for me. This was a weak episode. The whole mother's day/sell or be fired garbage did not ring true especially as the sister had been promoting Chuck's relationship with Sarah. The writers need to ditch Morgan and put Captain Awesome on full time.

DJariya 10-23-07 12:30 PM

I really liked this episode. The scenes between Chuck and Ellie were sweet and brought a smile to my face :) I've only seen a few episodes of Sarah Lancaster's previous work on What about Brian, but I really like her and she's done a great job as the supportive big sister.

There were some really good action scenes as well. I think the show has a very good balance between Chuck as the spy and trying to keep his normal life.

Timber 10-23-07 12:39 PM

I thought this was the weakest episode yet but the last scene with Chuck and his sister saved it for me. Plus the line about Morgan being Hispanic gave me a good laugh.

DJariya 10-23-07 12:45 PM

I wonder how much the producer's had to pay Hall & Oates for that small snippet of "Private Eyes." That was a pretty funny scene.

malichai 10-23-07 01:38 PM

I thought the same thing. It's like sexual tension exists between the actors and it's coming out on screen between characters that should DEFINTELY not have any.

Creepyville, population 2.

They need Captain Awesome back, because it's not nearly as noticeable when he's around.

Snowmaker 10-23-07 01:54 PM

What am I missing here. I've seen every episode and have NO idea who Captain Awesome is. :shrug:

MadMark 10-23-07 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
What am I missing here. I've seen every episode and have NO idea who Captain Awesome is.

The sister's boyfriend, who has been MIA, unfortunately, the last couple episodes (except for one brief scene last week)

The fight scene choreography is decent enough that they don't need to use gimmicks like the freeze frames. I hope they don't do it again.

Part of me hope that the sister finds out about Chuck at some point, because it could get old if every other episode has a scene where "Chuck makes plans with Ellie, Chuck gets called away at last minute on mission, Chuck has to make excuse to cover"

I don't want Morgan to find out, because I don't want his character to be upgraded to "wacky sidekick" (which is what is ruining Reaper for me with Sock)