Desperate Housewives - "If There's Anything I Can't Stand" - 10/21/07

Old 10-21-07, 01:38 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Desperate Housewives - "If There's Anything I Can't Stand" - 10/21/07

"If There's Anything I Can't Stand"
Spoiler:
Edie is shocked when she receives some news at the gynecologist's office, an unexpected visitor discovers Bree's pregnancy is a hoax, and Wisteria Lane welcomes new neighbors who happen to be partners.
Old 10-21-07, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like a great episode to come. The return of Phyllis, and the gay couple moving to Wisteria Lane. Too bad that Bree's stepmother, Eleanor, played by the fabulous Carol Burnett, isn't added into the mix.

I can't wait!
Old 10-21-07, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

well that was odd with the bald cap moving around. orsen on the vespa doing the superman was pretty funny.
Old 10-21-07, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't blame Tom for suffering from non-get-it-up disease when Lynette's wig was removed.
Old 10-21-07, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Damn! I'm a gay man, and I must say, Nurse Gabby is quite hot!
Old 10-21-07, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

LOL! I just love Andrew! Pay backs a bitch, as they say!
Old 10-21-07, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh, God! Susan is a freaking mess!
Old 10-21-07, 10:02 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

"Crabcake"

Good episode
Old 10-21-07, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

funny episode, should be interesting to she where the danielle story line goes.
Old 10-21-07, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Love the crabcake scene! Freaking hilarious!!!

Susan is a freaking mess! She's a gay man's worst nightmare!

I thought for sure that Phyllis was going to spill Bree's secret. I really liked what she said to Bree, at the end, "You know Bree, you're not the only one who would like a second chance." Great stuff.

Edie is so on to Carlos and Gabby! The $&!# is going to hit the fan!

I love Lynette and Tom. I really want them to stay together, always. Felicity Huffman should be nominated for every award show that comes along, and win every award!

Darnit! I really want to know what Aunt Lily wrote on that piece of paper. What the heck is Katherine hiding?!

Next week looks like it's going to be freaking crazy! John returns!

Wow! Another great episode! Amazing run of episodes, so far. I'm so loving Desperate Housewives this season!
Old 10-22-07, 12:52 AM

I wonder if Andrew will make friends with the new gay couple? That will probably drive Bree nuts!
Old 10-22-07, 12:59 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
Damn! I'm a gay man, and I must say, Nurse Gabby is quite hot!
She always looks good, but she was looking amazing in that nurses outfit!
Old 10-22-07, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wasn't my favorite episode, but Gabby in that outfit certainly "raised the stakes".
Old 10-22-07, 01:05 PM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

So-so episode, but it had some very, very good bits.

"For a guy who's getting rubbed by an attractive woman, you sure ask a lot of questions."
Old 10-22-07, 02:28 PM
Political Exile

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Susan is just beyond stupid now. I enjoyed the episode except for her. She leaves the dog in her garage? I wish the dog had eaten paint and died instead of just getting it on the guy's suit.
Old 10-22-07, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think I am the only person on this forum who typically likes Susan. I know everyone pretty much can't stand her, but she happens to be my favorite.

Well - last night was the first time she really annoyed me. Even Mike got pretty mad at her, and he rarely reacts like that. (Except for that time he drove away with her crying after him in a wedding dress.)
Old 10-22-07, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

i think mike reacted just like the viewing audience. give it a rest, susan, not everyone can like you!
Old 10-22-07, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I really liked this episode, but Susan needs to go.

And Nurse Gabby?
Old 10-22-07, 08:20 PM

Gabby looked really good as a red-head. So did Lynette.
Old 10-23-07, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Susan is just beyond stupid now. I enjoyed the episode except for her. She leaves the dog in her garage? I wish the dog had eaten paint and died instead of just getting it on the guy's suit.
She is beyond stupid. The writers have take her ditzyness and made her into a lame person. Why would anyone want to hang around someone who acts like she is 16.
Loved the new couple and think that it will add some great potential storylines.
Dana Delaney is doing a wonderful job. She is just creepy at times. A far cry from her role on China Beach 20 years ago.
Old 10-23-07, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rennervision
I think I am the only person on this forum who typically likes Susan. I know everyone pretty much can't stand her, but she happens to be my favorite.
You're not the only one, but she's far from being my favorite. Susan's storylines early this season have been great, especially now that she's finally bagged the plumber.

Another solid episode - enjoyed the crabcakes gag and having Shirley Knight back in the mix as Rex's mom was fun! My only gripe was with the Mayfair clan - Dana Delaney's excellent as Katherine, but while it went along the theme of 'pests', I felt a bit disconnect with her "central mystery" in this hour (though nothing as bad as Season 2).
Old 10-23-07, 08:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Another solid episode this week - love how this season is shaping up.
Old 10-23-07, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by riley_dude
She is beyond stupid. The writers have take her ditzyness and made her into a lame person. Why would anyone want to hang around someone who acts like she is 16.
Well the writing was just flat out sloppy this episode. Susan was painting something yellow in the beginning and the dog runs away a WEEK later and the paint is still sitting in the pan and not dried up? (We know it is a week because that is how they managed to get the surprise party organized.) Not to mention what was she painting canary yellow?

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
Darnit! I really want to know what Aunt Lily wrote on that piece of paper. What the heck is Katherine hiding?!
So the aunt drops the note and we're supposed to expect that anyone but Katherine (aka Bree Senior) isn't going to find it? In all likelihood, I'd have expected Katherine to be in there making up the bed and restoring the room to pristine tidiness that she seems to thrive on instead of that looking at the bed and walking out shot.
Old 10-23-07, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thought the episode was solid. But all of these hijinks Susan is getting into lately having me really disliking her (and the fact that Teri Hatcher looks like Skeletor in HD doesn't really help).
Old 10-24-07, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by riley_dude
I wrote THIS two years ago
However, i'm beginning to feel the same way. I've already written Gabby off. Sure i'll enjoy her panties and whatnot, but don't expect anything resembling sympathy from me.

Lynette, Susan and Bree are on the border with me. Though, Susan's antics have been toned down slightly, so that might change. And any malice I might feel towards Lynette is absorbed by her hellspawn.
Well, looks like the shows have gotten better, but Susan's antics have gotten much, much worse.

Other than that, this season (so far) has been VASTLY better than the previous two season. Wonder if they'll be able to keep it up?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.