DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Supernatural boys vs. Jason Vorhees (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/514667-supernatural-boys-vs-jason-vorhees.html)

Chip718 10-17-07 11:51 AM

Supernatural boys vs. Jason Vorhees

Supernatural Executive producer Eric Kripke confirms that Friday the 13th’s hockey masked wearing killer Jason Vorhees will make an appearance in this season's tenth episode. Kripe says "We have cleared the rights to actually use Jason. We have a twist on it so it is not really Jason out there, but we found an interesting way to bring him in so Sam and Dean fight Jason from Friday the 13th".

Morf 10-17-07 01:17 PM

Talk about an enigmatic comment.

Originally Posted by Chip718
Supernatural Executive producer Eric Kripke confirms that Friday the 13th’s hockey masked wearing killer Jason Vorhees will make an appearance in this season's tenth episode. Kripe says "We have cleared the rights to actually use Jason. We have a twist on it so it is not really Jason out there, but we found an interesting way to bring him in so Sam and Dean fight Jason from Friday the 13th".

So... what did he actually get the rights to use? The name "Jason"?

spainlinx0 10-17-07 01:37 PM

Perhaps they secured likeness rights? The demon will look like Jason with the hockey mask, but have a different mythos?

Vipper II 10-17-07 01:59 PM

It'd be great if they could get Kane Hodder.

DRG 10-17-07 02:59 PM

My guess is that there will be a character whose nightmares become real (or something to that effect), and he is scared by a Friday the 13th movie and thus his powers create 'Jason' although it's not the 'real' Jason. I'm reminded of the Cops episode of X-Files where, although they didn't actually show it, people talked about being attacked by Freddy Krueger among other things.

Seantn 10-17-07 03:02 PM

I wonder how many teens will get hacked up.

critterdvd 10-17-07 03:05 PM

Wow! Looks like I'm definately watching SUPERNATURAL this season (was debating giving it up to wait for DVDs)

Deadpool 10-17-07 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Seantn
I wonder how many teens will get hacked up.

If it's Jason it bound to happen...along with him about to chop Dean while he's getting some action...Jason always kills a lustful moment :D

wmansir 10-17-07 05:05 PM

I hope they don't just take the character but have a F13 themed episode. It would be great if they drop Sam and Dean into a summer camp full of sexed up teens.

riley_dude 10-17-07 06:24 PM

They should have Michael Myers, Pinhead, Pumkinhead and Freddie Krugar show up too.

Bluelitespecial 10-17-07 09:57 PM

Awesome, hopefully they can find ways to bring in some good ratings with this episode.

Chew 10-18-07 07:00 AM

Interesting. Can Freddy be far behind?

LorenzoL 10-18-07 07:21 AM

Interesting. Looking forward to it.

thegame370 10-18-07 10:25 AM

Nice! Thankfully we only have to wait ti episode 10 and not like a season finale or something.

nateman 10-18-07 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by riley_dude
They should have Michael Myers, Pinhead, Pumkinhead and Freddie Krugar show up too.

Yeah, the show wouldn’t be a total bore if they made guest appearances. I’ll be watching the episode with Jason; it’ll be the only episode of Supernatural I’ll make it all the way through.

islandclaws 10-18-07 11:35 AM

I'll watch this to see how they pull it off, but I'm still not totally clear on whether it's going to be Jason or not. Vague wording aside, I'll tune in assuming I can remember to keep an eye out for it.

Matthew Ackerly 10-18-07 12:49 PM

Maybe Chucky can stop by as well...

GoldenJCJ 10-18-07 01:28 PM

I've never watched the show, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was just some random dude using a Jason Costume killing people, hence, it's not really jason. The boys find him and fight with him...of course I may be wrong, again, I've never seen the show.

Peep 10-18-07 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by DRG
My guess is that there will be a character whose nightmares become real (or something to that effect), and he is scared by a Friday the 13th movie and thus his powers create 'Jason' although it's not the 'real' Jason. I'm reminded of the Cops episode of X-Files where, although they didn't actually show it, people talked about being attacked by Freddy Krueger among other things.

This seems like a pretty good bet to me.